• 85(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-13, 23:12)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 22:50)Abshole Wrote: Has anyone tested 3D playback?
Yes, my full MVC MKV rips play, but as 2D of course.

Damn. Confused
(2014-04-13, 23:17)Abshole Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 23:12)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 22:50)Abshole Wrote: Has anyone tested 3D playback?
Yes, my full MVC MKV rips play, but as 2D of course.

Damn. Confused
XBMC does not play MVC files in 3D, so this is no surprise. Someone should test SBS or TAB files, although if they are HSBS or HTAB they should play exactly the same as any other 1080p file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have made a quick version of simple installer for XBMC Fire TV using a bat file.
not sure if it works as i am from EU and do not have a firetv box myself.

It can be downloaded her:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qn34kp8af9x3j...V-XBMC.zip
For those who seek easy installation i think this would be ideal temporary solution until someone brainy comes around and do a proper installation procedure.
(2014-04-13, 23:19)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 23:17)Abshole Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 23:12)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, my full MVC MKV rips play, but as 2D of course.

Damn. Confused
XBMC does not play MVC files in 3D, so this is no surprise. Someone should test SBS or TAB files, although if they are HSBS or HTAB they should play exactly the same as any other 1080p file.

Yeah, I skipped over the MVC part. The few 3D mkvs that I have are either HSBS or HTAB. Right now I'm running OpenELEC, but when I try to switch my projector over to a 3D mode it never recognizes it as a 3D film being played.
Forgot to report that the last Gotham build posted by Koying earlier in the thread is the only build to play my Bluray ISO files. As long as the codecs are supported. All other versions crashed or just faulted back to the movie list. Gotham build gives popup with choice to play main title and plays smoothly over the 10 mins or so I checked it.

I switched the audio mix quality to high from medium and will report if any problems arise.

BTW: Since nobody seems to know what's up with my video files not all showing up, is there a way to export my library from another version such as openelec and import it to the android build? I am losing 100+ files here, it simply doesn't make any sense. Others using multiple SMB shares from WIN 7, are all your files showing up?
The ususal way of sharing libraries is via MySQL.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-14, 00:27)nickr Wrote: The ususal way of sharing libraries is via MySQL.

I don't do this because I am running different versions of XBMC on each machine. I'm not really looking to share libraries, but if that is the only way to get this thing to work I guess I will have to look into it.

There has to be some naming convention or something that I am missing but I can't put it together checking the file names. It is an infuriating problem because it is nearly impossible to make comparisons to see exactly what is missing. I found some of them from running back and forth from the pc they do show up on but that is not a great solution, it also doesn't make them work in Android version.

Strangely, same files do show just fine from ES explorer and will even pass to XBMC to play.
The addon missing movies scanner may help you.

I guess you could try running the database backup addon, back up on one machine and restore on another?
I'll check into those. Thank you.
(2014-04-13, 19:15)Scott R Wrote: Sorry mr3p, I did not remember who made the claim that they were able to play back high-def MPEG-2 content, but it looks like it was you. So you feel that the Fire TV is playing back this content smoothly?

I appreciate your concerns over poor deinterlacing, the last thing I want is poor PQ. OTA HD is 1080i/720p mpeg2 which is why many of us are hoping the FTV can be functional as a front end for live TV. I tried most of the major networks yesterday. I'm not a golfer but feed on CBS (1080i) was pretty good without artifacts. ABC and Fox are 720p and those played without issue as well. I have a hard drive full of random HD recordings which I'll probably test out with the Fire TV over the next few days.
(2014-04-13, 23:28)nero12 Wrote: I have made a quick version of simple installer for XBMC Fire TV using a bat file.

For those who seek easy installation i think this would be ideal temporary solution until someone brainy comes around and do a proper installation procedure.

Installs to settings/applications but doesn't install to apps library
(2014-04-13, 23:32)Abshole Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 23:19)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 23:17)Abshole Wrote: Damn. Confused

Yeah, I skipped over the MVC part. The few 3D mkvs that I have are either HSBS or HTAB. Right now I'm running OpenELEC, but when I try to switch my projector over to a 3D mode it never recognizes it as a 3D film being played.

Not even ffmpeg decodes MVC atm. The only chip I know that decodes it is imx6, but only in 720p, so basically useless.

HSBS and HTAB are plain h264 (or, rarely, VC1) , so nothing specific on that side. You must force your TV or projector in 3D, because the HDMI signal is 2D.
(2014-04-14, 01:36)Canucker Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 23:28)nero12 Wrote: I have made a quick version of simple installer for XBMC Fire TV using a bat file.

That's to be expected. Currently, sideloading an app onto the Fire TV just shows it in Settings/Applications, not on the homescreen.
My LG TV doesn't "recognise" HSBS/HTAB as 3D. I have to use the TV remote to set it to 3D mode, including telling it what particular mode to use (SBS, TAB plus other options).

I suggest you consult your projector manual. I have never done much with projectors. It maybe that it will only switch to 3D mode automatically if it detects a frame-packed input. XBMC does not output frame-packed video AFAIK. http://www.best-3dtvs.com/what-is-frame-packing-3d/
(2014-04-14, 01:48)haikuginger Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 01:36)Canucker Wrote:

That's to be expected. Currently, sideloading an app onto the Fire TV just shows it in Settings/Applications, not on the homescreen.

Yes. Is code forced to file name? Another beta released can we replace apk file?
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10