• 102(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Has anyone using AFTV relocated their /userdata/thubmnails folder to a remote location(SMB, NFS, etc) successfully using advancedsettings.xml, and if so has it affected performance of the UI at all. I would like to do this if it is possible.
Can anyone recommend an skin for XBMC on AFTV that gives a more modern (not as in contemporary) look? GUI's have evolved as of 2014 they have a much newer more refined look. Love my confluence because I know my way around, but would love to take a look at somthing that blows my doors off now that I have a box powerful enough to run them on. Have always stayed away from skins because most of my hardware was never good enough to run anything that required power. Thanks.

Roveer
I prefer Aeon NOX
(2014-04-17, 22:22)roveer Wrote: Can anyone recommend an skin for XBMC on AFTV that gives a more modern (not as in contemporary) look? GUI's have evolved as of 2014 they have a much newer more refined look. Love my confluence because I know my way around, but would love to take a look at somthing that blows my doors off now that I have a box powerful enough to run them on. Have always stayed away from skins because most of my hardware was never good enough to run anything that required power. Thanks.

Roveer

My preferred skin is nbox; it's a modern/Metro-style UI.
(2014-04-17, 22:22)roveer Wrote: Can anyone recommend an skin for XBMC on AFTV that gives a more modern (not as in contemporary) look?
Roveer

That's sort of like asking everyone, "What's your favorite color?". Wink

Everyone is going to have their skin that they prefer and there are skins that are more popular than others. But just because they are popular doesn't mean that it will be one that you like. The best thing to do is just install skins and try them out, if you don't like one then just uninstall it and try a different one.

You'll usually know within the first few minutes of use whether you like it or not. If you're using Gotham though keep in mind that some skins are not yet compatible with Gotham and you'll need to visit the Skin thread and see if there's a [WIP] that you can download and "install from zip".
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-04-17, 22:29)kalikid021 Wrote: I prefer Aeon NOX

..nox runs good on the ftv?

--

I like nox, but lately i've started using the apple tv like skin, its nice and clean.
(2014-04-17, 21:09)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 21:04)Japgeisha Wrote: i have both spmc and gotham installed in my aftv. i like to use frodo only becuz i use lot fast forwarding ,which is problem in gotham.
everyday there is an update for gotham version . is there a way to just upgard from gotham version from one to an other gotham or got to do unistall &install again . thx

remember i wanna keep spmc . wanna just upgrade from gotham to gotham .

Use adb install -r <apk-file-name> to update without losing all your settings.

thank you bro very helpful
in frodo i can not instal adults they are still empty .and no update for them the only way i do them in different system is ssh using cyberduck and drop them and they work .
is gotham they work good but wanna add them in frodo (using the installer won't help they r empty even with force refresh )
thx
nbox does look nice... is it fairly lightweight? Also, which version do you recommend? The original or one of the mods?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-04-17, 22:57)hdmkv Wrote: nbox does look nice... is it fairly lightweight? Also, which version do you recommend? The original or one of the mods?

It seems to run pretty smoothly for me, although I'm not on FTV hardware (yet). I just use the version that's in the repo by default.
I've noticed that on Gotham builds (both latest nightly and specific fire TV build from koying) when I choose a Dolby digital video there is always a loud static pop at start of loading movie. No such issue with DTS movies. I have pass through enabled. And only libstagefright on. Is this a known issue on android?
(2014-04-09, 00:30)jdtimmons Wrote: I'm using the flirc with the harmony flirc profile and it works great. ..

But this only works properly within XBMC? Have you been able to Fast Forward or Rewind outside of that app?

Philip
FLIRC trnslates IR to keyboard signals so it works on all those devices that recognize keyboard presses, is my understanding.

I connected flirc to the usb port on my samsung TV and it recognized it as a wireless keyboard. and I was able to send commands through the remote. I do not doubt you could do something similar with FTV.
(2014-04-17, 23:30)ozkhan1 Wrote: FLIRC trnslates IR to keyboard signals so it works on all those devices that recognize keyboard presses, is my understanding.

I connected flirc to the usb port on my samsung TV and it recognized it as a wireless keyboard. and I was able to send commands through the remote. I do not doubt you could do something similar with FTV.

Yes, FLIRC does work in a limited way. The problem is that the fast forward and rewind buttons on the FTV remote do not appear to have keyboard equivalents, unlike all the other buttons. I have now tried this out with a keyboard, FLIRC and finally HDMI-CEC with my TV's remote. I can't figure out how to get those two keys. That doesn't mean it isn't possible. You can get fast forward in XBMC working.

Philip
(2014-04-17, 23:45)pmcd Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 23:30)ozkhan1 Wrote: FLIRC trnslates IR to keyboard signals so it works on all those devices that recognize keyboard presses, is my understanding.

Yes, FLIRC does work in a limited way. The problem is that the fast forward and rewind buttons on the FTV do not appear to have keyboard equivalents, unlike all the other buttons. I have now tried this out with a keyboard, FLIRC and finally HDMI-CEC with my TV's remote. I can't figure out how to get those two keys. That doesn't mean it isn't possible. You can get fast forward in XBMC working.

Philip

You might want to look at keyboard keys for ff and rewing in XBMC and then set up your flirc for those as keyboard presses. I am sure that will work. If not you might have to look at editing your keyboard xml which I personally hate doing.
(2014-04-17, 23:45)pmcd Wrote:

Yes, FLIRC does work in a limited way. The problem is that the fast forward and rewind buttons on the FTV remote do not appear to have keyboard equivalents, unlike all the other buttons. I have now tried this out with a keyboard, FLIRC and finally HDMI-CEC with my TV's remote. I can't figure out how to get those two keys. That doesn't mean it isn't possible. You can get fast forward in XBMC working.

Philip

We have Flirc information on the Fire TV wiki page.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10