• 114(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-21, 03:58)Canucker Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 23:18)Canucker Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 14:13)Koying Wrote: Generic issue with a lot of Android boxes.

Interesting... Haven't noticed it on aftv

Verified, Gotham has no sync issue

Well thats interesting since its Gotham on AFTV for me too Undecided What nightly?
April 12
Note that the delay could depend on your output, too (SPDIF vs. HDMI, stereo vs. passthrough)
Enabling SopCast on the FTVHuh

Ive installed it onto the device. I know with other android devices, you have to use a root explorer, but I can't seem to get this to work or find the necessary files to change the permissions of Sopcast.

Has anyone gotten to this to successfully work?

ps. Acestream works just fine.
(2014-04-21, 16:03)DJ B-Roll Wrote: Enabling SopCast on the FTVHuh

Ive installed it onto the device. I know with other android devices, you have to use a root explorer, but I can't seem to get this to work or find the necessary files to change the permissions of Sopcast.

How did you get Acestream to work? I have installed the apk, but am not able to run it from XBMC.
(2014-04-21, 16:54)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 16:03)DJ B-Roll Wrote: Enabling SopCast on the FTVHuh

How did you get Acestream to work? I have installed the apk, but am not able to run it from XBMC.

After installing the engine, I loaded it. Then i went to XBMC, installed the P2P stream add-on.
From there I was able to watch Acestreams on Sportsdevil and MashUp. (I had problems with audio in Mashup, for live streaming)

The ace stream engine itself has to be side loaded onto the device not XBMC.
(2014-04-21, 17:49)DJ B-Roll Wrote: After installing the engine, I loaded it. Then i went to XBMC, installed the P2P stream add-on.
From there I was able to watch Acestreams on Sportsdevil and MashUp. (I had problems with audio in Mashup, for live streaming)

The ace stream engine itself has to be side loaded onto the device not XBMC.

I don't have the device with me, but I recall P2P streams asking whether to use XBMC (root) or the remote option. What option did you select?
First time poster, first time XBMC user.

FireTV was just too interesting to pass up and I've been waiting to jump into XBMC for the last 2 years (previously on WDLXTV).

I first intalled XBMC for OUYA 12.3.2 and played around with it for the last few days (love love love it) until the recent patch to Gotham.
Now i'm running Gotham 4.17 release with my FireTV without any issues so far.

Two things I noticed, not sure if they are bugs (again I'm new to the platform, but I did notice these differences between Ouya and Gotham)

1) The back button (AFTV remote) on Gotham, during a keyboard session does not "back out" like it did in Ouya. Instead it deletes the previous character when typing.
Maybe this is intended behavior, but I was not able to quickly back out of a keyboard screen with any button. Which wouldn't be too bad, but i found myself in an
endless loop when adding a source which had an incorrect path. I couldn't exit out (because of above mentioned key functionality). Ouya version allowed me to back out of any screen by hitting the "back" button

2) My music library refreshes everytime I go to this category and it reloads everything from my NAS. Maybe this is a setting I need to change somewhere? But it doesn't do this for any other content i'm setting from the same NAS source (i.e Movies, TV)

I'm also happy to keep testing and reporting back. I have a Denon receiver and a marantz receiver.

Oh...and I read about this VC1 issue... I want to test, is there a way I can scan my media and get a list of the codecs being used for them? I don't know which ones are VC1

Cheers,

Ali
(2014-04-21, 19:16)phigment Wrote: Oh...and I read about this VC1 issue... I want to test, is there a way I can scan my media and get a list of the codecs being used for them? I don't know which ones are VC1

Just go through them one-by-one with MediaInfo until you find a WMV/VC-1 movie. If you're getting your content via torrents, all of it will probably be AVC; you're only going to see VC-1 on straight Blu-Ray rips.
This is getting out-of-hand.
Per our forum rules (wiki), piracy talks are forbidden here.
I suppose a simple word change for specific words to something like "forbidden piracy talk" will make the newbies to understand that.
I am newbie also I suppose but it's so clear what is permitted or not that you must be blind not to do it.

Edit: I ment the forum to do it automatically not by mods, at least is what I do in the forums I control for swear words
There's no substitute for experience
(2014-04-19, 19:23)Koying Wrote: Problem is that DTS/DD is the tip of the can of worms. 99% of the codecs we use are to be licensed (think MP3 for example, or whatever we soft-decode), so if we wanted to be virginal white to enter a store, XBMC would be an empty shell...
This is not an insurmountable problem.

Media players on the Google Play store faced a similar challenge when Dolby started exorbitantly charging for DTS licenses in mid-2013. They got around that limitation by removing DTS support in the application and then supporting external codec libraries. So you would install MXPlayer or Diceplayer as normal from the Google Play store, then in the configuration settings, define the location of the libffmpeg.so library on your sdcard, dropbox, etc. XBMC could do the same thing.

Note that this isn't just my theory as to what would be acceptable-- they actually do this. It's allowed.
Even with loading external libffmpeg.so MX player or dice player can play DTS file but no passthrough. So not very helpful but XBMC plays DD+, DTS, DTS-MA and allows passthrough. I really love it.
(2014-04-21, 20:43)rodalpho Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 19:23)Koying Wrote: Problem is that DTS/DD is the tip of the can of worms. 99% of the codecs we use are to be licensed (think MP3 for example, or whatever we soft-decode), so if we wanted to be virginal white to enter a store, XBMC would be an empty shell...
This is not an insurmountable problem.

Media players on the Google Play store faced a similar challenge when Dolby started exorbitantly charging for DTS licenses in mid-2013. They got around that limitation by removing DTS support in the application and then supporting external codec libraries. So you would install MXPlayer or Diceplayer as normal from the Google Play store, then in the configuration settings, define the location of the libffmpeg.so library on your sdcard, dropbox, etc. XBMC could do the same thing.

Note that this isn't just my theory as to what would be acceptable-- they actually do this. It's allowed.
Just to update on the VC-1 issue. I received another response from Amazon, this is still just a L1 support answer, but apparently it has been pushed to the tech team.

Quote:Hello,

I understand you're concerned about the compatibility of VC-1 format of videos with Amazon Fire TV.

I've forwarded you query to our technical team for further research and I just want to let you know I’ll personally follow up and I’ll write back to you as soon as the technical team gives me more information.

Please be assured that we are here to make things easier for you. We will take each and every action to prevent you from bearing any loss.

Your patience is truly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I'll update again if and when I get more info.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-04-21, 20:43)rodalpho Wrote: Media players on the Google Play store faced a similar challenge when Dolby started exorbitantly charging for DTS licenses in mid-2013. They got around that limitation by removing DTS support in the application and then supporting external codec libraries.

To be fair, wasn't it DTS rather than Dolby who charged for DTS licences? Surely Dolby couldn't charge for their rivals intellectual property?
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10