• 76(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-04-25, 22:25)BigNoid Wrote: While I appreciate the work that has gone into maintaining v4 for Gotham, I only want v5 to be on official repo under the Nox name.

EDIT:
I just made a pull request for official repo, so at this point I'll only consider requests in the form of PR's as I've added everything I want to add.

Yeah I had a feeling, that why I thought Warlion should rename it with your permission or just maintain it outside the repo. I love the skin, I just wish so bad that there was a case view. ;-)
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I hope Warlion is allowed to rename it and maintain it in the repo! Maybe its just me, but I have always associated the Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ series of skins as fully customizable skins with tons of user options to allow people to personalize it.

In my opinion (only an opinion!) there are lots of current users of Aeon Nox skins that prefer the 4.1.9 version over the new version. Although I do think new users are likely to be attracted to Nox 5 due to it being faster, cleaner, and lighter skin. For those of us that want the ability to customize extensively, the older version better serves our needs. Don't get me wrong though, the Nox 5 version is one amazing skin as well!
(2014-04-27, 03:22)Slushy Wrote: I hope Warlion is allowed to rename it and maintain it in the repo! Maybe its just me, but I have always associated the Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ series of skins as fully customizable skins with tons of user options to allow people to personalize it.

In my opinion (only an opinion!) there are lots of current users of Aeon Nox skins that prefer the 4.1.9 version over the new version. Although I do think new users are likely to be attracted to Nox 5 due to it being faster, cleaner, and lighter skin. For those of us that want the ability to customize extensively, the older version better serves our needs. Don't get me wrong though, the Nox 5 version is one amazing skin as well!
See, I'm of the opposite opinion. Although I like 4.x, it's a very heavy skin...almost sluggish. Also, too much artwork. Many views have the show/movie name on the same screen way too many times.

To each their own Smile
(2014-04-27, 03:22)Slushy Wrote: I hope Warlion is allowed to rename it and maintain it in the repo! Maybe its just me, but I have always associated the Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ series of skins as fully customizable skins with tons of user options to allow people to personalize it.

It would make sense to have both versions in the repo, as each caters to a different audience. Version 5 is minimalistic, slightly more modern in design (understated) and ideal for underpowered platforms like Raspberry Pi. Conversely, version 4 makes use of every last bit of available artwork, customization and custom scripting available in the XBMC universe, from CD and Blu-ray disc art to movie and TV metadata from the Internet . For anyone with a serious HTPC, version 4 makes the most sense as it is capable of doing more and displaying more. While version 5 caters to those who want XBMC to turn on, find the video or album they want and play it on their system.

I would call one "Light" (version 5) and the other "Bold" and put both of them in the repo, but that's just my opinion. There's no reason for one audience to miss out.
Hey there,

I love the skin, but missing my favorite view from 1080++. This is a horizontal (Landscape) view using banners + text which (onFocus) grow a bit larger. It's actually that view that keeps me glued to 1080++ as its both very user friendly as well as visually impressive. Perhaps it could be copied into this skin?

Regards,

Bert
Only 2 things would make this perfect for me. DVD/Bluray cases and an episode view.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
The only thing that keeps me from using this skin as default, is that I'm missing the 'recenty/new episodes and movies', the widget that's now used is very basic, I miss the one with the posters/thumbs next to eachother like previous Nox versions.

I know Big_noid doesn't like this view/widget so no problem; it's his vision/skin Smile
May I ask if there's any way to reduce the size of the font in List View on this excellent skin please? Thank you.
Is it possible to make the episode list fixed in LowList view? and make the selector move up and down. Hope that does make sense. And if its possible how do I make the changes?
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

(2014-04-28, 14:41)VanZan Wrote: May I ask if there's any way to reduce the size of the font in List View on this excellent skin please? Thank you.

I'd like to know too. Is anything like 'slim list' planned on the (near) horizon?
(2014-04-30, 08:06)Borre Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 14:41)VanZan Wrote: May I ask if there's any way to reduce the size of the font in List View on this excellent skin please? Thank you.

I'd like to know too. Is anything like 'slim list' planned on the (near) horizon?

I think bignoid said earlier in this thread that the design is using large text because its supposed to look good on the TV interface.
Yeah I like the large text on my TV. Leaves me not having to squint to read stuff. Really good decision. Do newer builds have an episode view? I don't think we're going to get cases, unless his design concept has changed.

Thanks for the assist! Smile

(2014-04-30, 09:55)zag Wrote:

I think bignoid said earlier in this thread that the design is using large text because its supposed to look good on the TV interface.

Yeah it's large alright...very large!
Perfect for me on my TV
I have tried so many times on the other skins to have bigger letters, with no luck !
Awesome
Hi VanZan
You need to find that view and replace the font with a smaller one.
Look for view XML and font.XML that where normally that changes need to be done.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537