• 14(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0502b
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.2 #1 PREEMPT Thu May 1 22:37:37 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May  1 2014 14:54:27
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f700bbe88d1c62de15ef87e00f360040a89a693e (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140502102047-r18314-gd907370

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (d907370, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (088e9fa, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 (except for d89e8c7, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support-4b3694f patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.14.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
Build Highlights:

Goodbye Gotham, hello Helix - initial Helix build (XBMC 14), with ffmpeg2. New firmware (USB fix)
  1. Firmware (May 01):
  2. OpenELEC:
    • Add support for ffmpeg2
    • 0502b: Includes mediacenter package dependencies (simplejson, regex, pycrypto, service.openelec.settings)
  3. XBMC:
    • Upgrade to ffmpeg2
    • Lots of other changes, too many to mention - see xbmc changelog
  4. kernel 3.14.y:
    • config: enable CONFIG_DMA_CMA - it may fix cache coherency issue in USB driver. See #575
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
This may be a dumb question, but is live tv enable in this build? XBMC stalls when I try to enable it.
(2014-05-02, 01:56)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #0502

Code:
# uname -a

# vcgencmd version

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140501232132-r18314-gd907370

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (d907370, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (088e9fa, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 (except for d89e8c7, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support-4b3694f patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.14.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
Build Highlights:

Goodbye Gotham, hello Helix - initial Helix build (XBMC 14), with ffmpeg2. New firmware (USB fix)
  1. Firmware (May 01):
  2. OpenELEC:
  3. XBMC:
    • Upgrade to ffmpeg2
  4. kernel 3.14.y:
    • config: enable CONFIG_DMA_CMA - it may fix cache coherency issue in USB driver. See #575

XBMC doesn't start. I only see the wallpaper with the blue circles. Here is the log (http:// http://pastebin.com/hJBYhfPQ )
(2014-05-02, 08:42)wizzard72 Wrote: XBMC doesn't start. I only see the wallpaper with the blue circles. Here is the log (http:// http://pastebin.com/hJBYhfPQ )

try to rename /storage/.xbmc
greetings, Stephan

Thumbs Down 

Was looking forward to this build for the USB fix. Can't get the System-OpenELEC settings to launch, though, so I can't connect to wifi.

I'll see if I can find something in a log, after running an ethernet cable.

EDIT: even after enabling debugging, nothing shows up in the xbmc.log when I try to launch the "OpenELEC" settings option from the System menu. Doesn't seem to exist in System settings, enabled Add-ons!
(2014-05-02, 08:56)RandyOo Wrote: Was looking forward to this build for the USB fix. Can't get the System-OpenELEC settings to launch, though, so I can't connect to wifi.

I'll see if I can find something in a log, after running an ethernet cable.

EDIT: even after enabling debugging, nothing shows up in the xbmc.log when I try to launch the "OpenELEC" settings option from the System menu. Doesn't seem to exist in System settings, enabled Add-ons!

Yes, the OpenELEC Configuration applet does seem to be missing in action.

Edit: There are a few other related packages missing (simplejson, regex, pycrypto) - basically anything that has a dependency on the mediacenter package has not been included in the build. I'm sure it will be fixed by the next build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The crackles are now gone with usb audio music files Smile but there is a loud crunch when stopping or at its end.
Usb audio is now missing in dvdplayer.
Ssh and openelec settings have vanished.
You win some, you lose some.
@RandyOo: Try downloading build 0502b (see post #196) as I've now uploaded a new build with the missing dependencies.
What was the version of the last Gotham build ? In the latest release the Subtitles osd dont work

-- EDIT --

Why is that if I want to downgrade to build OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140427234914-r18277-ge1cb2ec what should be Gotham build, still shows me in systeminfo

XBMC: 14.0-ALPHA1 ??
that's because MilhouseVH always builds against XBMC master branch and not Gotham branch (what he already said). But until recently master and Gotham branch where 99% identical (master was on freeze), even though master was already internally known as 14.0-alpha, so you can consider those builds to be "Gotham" (besides of the missing adjusted splash screen)
(2014-05-02, 08:42)wizzard72 Wrote:

Code:
# uname -a

# vcgencmd version

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140501232132-r18314-gd907370

Build Highlights:

1. Firmware (May 01):
  2. OpenELEC:
  3. XBMC:
    • Upgrade to ffmpeg2
  4. kernel 3.14.y:

XBMC doesn't start. I only see the wallpaper with the blue circles. Here is the log (http:// http://pastebin.com/hJBYhfPQ )

The #502b build solved the problems. Thanks!
Some1 els have problem whit subtitle addon? is just dont open and dont do nothing :/
have you installed subtitle providers? This changed in Gotham.
hi,

if i try to activate livetv the system hangs up on new helix build.

anyone else this problem ? maybe a solution ?

.xbmc was already renamed.

regards
(2014-05-02, 11:56)MilhouseVH Wrote: @RandyOo: Try downloading build 0502b (see post #196) as I've now uploaded a new build with the missing dependencies.

Excellent, everything I've tested thus far seems to work great, including my USB DAC. Thanks!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8