• 142(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-05-02, 17:41)PK21 Wrote: I've been successful on getting it to work with my windows and openelec versions of frodo but I just can't get it to connect with my fire tv gotham setup.

I'm not using the latest rc1, I will give that a try. Thanks!

I had to change the ports on the iOS app to match the default of XBMC 8080 .. Or you could change the XBMC.

[Edit for relevance]
I was referring to FTV running Gotham RC1. Also of note, I have only tried this while XBMC was the active application and have not attempted to make it work while the XBMC application was running on the FireTV but the Amazon Home Screen was up.
(2014-05-02, 18:01)thefrog Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 17:41)PK21 Wrote: I've been successful on getting it to work with my windows and openelec versions of frodo but I just can't get it to connect with my fire tv gotham setup.

I had to change the ports on the iOS app to match the default of XBMC 8080 .. Or you could change the XBMC.

NOTHING to do with FireTV post? Sleepy
Will a bluetooth keyboard pair with the FTV(XBMC)? I have the Aerb mini.

Are external HDD's working with the FTV, if not any eta?
I have spent the last few days testing various ways of launching XBMC, with Llama, AutoPilot, and a few other tools. I now have a final configuration that works very well, and definitely much better than any of the solution proposed here and in the wiki. Please replace the wiki instructions with below:

This configuration will:
* automatically start XBMC when the Fire TV boots
* automatically start XBMC when the Fire TV resumes from Standby
* automatically go to Standby after 10 mins of inactivity in XBMC
* automatically go to Standby after 10 mins of inactivity in most apps
* automatically go to Standby after 10s of inactivity in KFTV Launcher

If you exit XBMC, you can either relaunch it through the Settings menu, or wait 10s for the KFTV to go to standby and power it back on.

Download llama from http://kebabapps.blogspot.com (get the engb version without callphone).

Code:
XBMC > System > Settings > System > Power saving
Shutdown function timer = 10 min
Shutdown function = Quit

Create the following Llama events:

Code:
Event     : 10 minutes standby in applications
Condition : Active application = When the current app is not KFTV Launcher
Action    : Change Screen Timeout = 10 minutes

Event     : 10 seconds standby in KTFV Launcher
Condition : Active application = When the current app is KFTV Launcher
Action    : Change Screen Timeout = 10 seconds

Event     : Launch XBMC after 15s in KFTV Launcher
Advanced  : Delay event = enabled
Advanced  : Delay seconds = 15 seconds
Advanced  : Cancel delayed if false = enabled
Condition : Active application = When the current app is KFTV Launcher
Action    : Run Application = XBMC

Event     : Launch XBMC at startup
Condition : Phone reboot = after start up
Action    : Run Application = XBMC
That looks like a good setup for you, perhaps, but not everyone. It also doesn't look very intuitive for people who weren't involved in setting it up.

What if you also want to use the KTFV launcher for other apps? For example there's no way to browse/watch Prime media without it - there's no separate app for it (even though XBMC "sees" it as a standalone Android app, it's not).
(2014-05-02, 21:21)ixian Wrote: That looks like a good setup for you, perhaps, but not everyone. It also doesn't look very intuitive for people who weren't involved in setting it up.

What if you also want to use the KTFV launcher for other apps? For example there's no way to browse/watch Prime media without it - there's no separate app for it (even though XBMC "sees" it as a standalone Android app, it's not).

im guessing you can exit from xbmc, to return to kftv launcher.
(2014-05-02, 21:21)ixian Wrote: What if you also want to use the KTFV launcher for other apps? For example there's no way to browse/watch Prime media without it - there's no separate app for it (even though XBMC "sees" it as a standalone Android app, it's not).

You can press the home button, or exit XBMC to return to the launcher. The way I have it setup, after 10s of inactivity in the launcher, which I think includes Prime Media, the KFTV will go to standby. This is probably not suitable for you, but the configuration can easily be adapted to fit your needs (eg: change Launcher display timeout to 1 min instead of 10s, and XBMC relaunch to slightly longer - ideally +5s).

Most other apps can actually be launched from XBMC. I found the best setup for this, is to mark them as favourites in XBMC, and use the third alternative keymap to map the menu button to the Favourites in XBMC Home.
Um, what's the KTFV launcher? Google isn't of help on this.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-04-30, 20:17)D3w4yne Wrote: I'm using NPVR with an HD HomeRun Dual (HDHR3-US ) which is outputting MPEG-2.

During playback of live TV all of the deinterlacing options are grayed out and cannot be accessed.

I will try playback tonight and get a log.

If it can't be fixed though, your statement about your tuners that output h.264 could be a possible solution. I've been searching so hard for the "all in one holy grail box to rule them all" that I'd be willing to invest in new tuners if it fixed the one and only problem I am having with the AFTV.

It looks like for $150 I could pick up a HDTC-2US which will transcode to h.264.

The problem with trancoding is that I'm pretty sure you lose any DD surround sound. This also won't help with any DVD-sourced material.

I have the same problem and I really hope they can address this with the help of the logs you submitted.
(2014-05-02, 22:17)hdmkv Wrote: Um, what's the KTFV launcher? Google isn't of help on this.

I agree....someone please clarify what is KFTV? Or is it just a typo for AFTV.
(2014-05-02, 21:03)arman68 Wrote: I now have a final configuration that works very well, and definitely much better than any of the solution proposed here and in the wiki. Please replace the wiki instructions with below:

If you think it needs to be in the wiki, please put it there. I'd be careful about replacing stuff there, though, why not include your method as an alternative?
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-05-02, 22:50)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 22:17)hdmkv Wrote: Um, what's the KTFV launcher? Google isn't of help on this.

I agree....someone please clarify what is KFTV? Or is it just a typo for AFTV.

No, it's not a typo. It's KFTV Launcher, (Kindle Fire TV), that's how it's indexed under Programs/Android Apps in XBMC.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-05-02, 18:36)Methanoid Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 18:01)thefrog Wrote:

Actually, the question was about using the xbmc remote specifically on Fire TV,
(2014-05-03, 00:23)PK21 Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 18:36)Methanoid Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 18:01)thefrog Wrote: I had to change the ports on the iOS app to match the default of XBMC 8080 .. Or you could change the XBMC.

Actually, the question was about using the xbmc remote specifically on Fire TV,

Which probably should belong on the iOS remote section of the forum.
Does OpenElec version of XBMC work on AFTV.
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10