• 16(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Popcornmixes commits to xbmc gotham or openElec 4 (or both)? Which repo are his changes merged with?
Typically both, at different times. OpenELEC are currently applying most of the commits from his newclock3 branch but eventually those commits should go upstream to XBMC when they will no longer need to be applied by OpenELEC. It's basically a case of knowing which newclock3 commit is likely to be a "problem" for you, then knowing where that commit is being included upstream (in OE or XBMC).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-03, 21:28)tuxen Wrote:
(2014-05-03, 13:06)tomtomclub Wrote: raspberry pi cec logo samsung D8000 done show up it works only on fredo What can I do to make this work
I have a D8000 it works fine.
Did you know there are firmwares on samsungs page that never got pushed over the net. Many not just a few. Have you tried updating it?

Disclaimer: remember upgading a firmware can under very unlucky circumstances brick the TV.
Im not responsible if you try it and things go wrong. Smile

Ps. Im on T-GAP8DEUC-1029.0 they stopped pushing via internet around 1021 or less. Undecided
It's a pretty big update fixing some compability issues in smartview, Also write down your settings if they are not burned into your brain like mine.

Finding your current version is nuts; It is located at support->contact samsung on the TV heh.

thank just the update done today but anynet+ can not find the xbmc however when I reboot the xbmc you can see the logo xbmc but If I after 5 minutes the TV to change xbmc xbmc is lost?
Just started to use my rpi a little more than for debug, so decided to try one of those advanced build.

All works ok but SMB connexion to my synology nas, I had to migrate to NFS. (All other pure windows SMB servers are working ok).

The error is "operation not permitted". Is there anyway to gather logs if it can help ?
(2014-05-04, 11:07)tomtomclub Wrote: thank just the update done today but anynet+ can not find the xbmc however when I reboot the xbmc you can see the logo xbmc but If I after 5 minutes the TV to change xbmc xbmc is lost?

That's odd.. I never had a problem with it all the way back to the first raspbmc release that didnt even use libcec. Have you tried another cable, or boosting the signal, though I don't know if boosting it also will boost the serial wire that carries CEC.
(2014-05-04, 17:53)tuxen Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 11:07)tomtomclub Wrote: thank just the update done today but anynet+ can not find the xbmc however when I reboot the xbmc you can see the logo xbmc but If I after 5 minutes the TV to change xbmc xbmc is lost?

That's odd.. I never had a problem with it all the way back to the first raspbmc release that didnt even use libcec. Have you tried another cable, or boosting the signal, though I don't know if boosting it also will boost the serial wire that carries CEC.

Yes also tried other HDMI cables same problem,also the beta version gives this problem ,except frodo booting power of tv noting helps
What kinda D8000 model do you have? Mine is UE55D8000 LED.
But again they run the same firmware.. I'm afraid i'm just as lost as you. Sad

edit: Mine has a small v2 in the end.
My friend has one without the v2, Will ask him but think he would have said something.
(2014-05-04, 18:17)tuxen Wrote: What kinda D8000 model do you have? Mine is UE55D8000 LED.

My friend has one without the v2, Will ask him but think he would have said something.

i have UE55D8000 Led year 2011 running Filmwere 001029
you can ask your friend v2 if Gotham work on cec
(2014-04-27, 08:38)whiffyfuzzball Wrote: Hi, just signed up to say that I also am having the issue where video playback stops after about 40 minutes. I'm unsure of the build where is first started to happen but it's been at least two weeks (sorry, been busy).

Symptoms - it doesn't matter if the playing of video is from one file or split over a few episodes, the stop is always around the 40 - 45 minute mark.
The issue happens regardless of quality of the video - SD does it, 1080p does it, 2 channel or DTS.
Audio cuts out first, then a couple of seconds video stops.
So what actually happens is that the video 'pauses' but for a long time. Once I left it about 5 minutes and it started up again, other times I have left it 'paused' overnight and some time during the night it has started up again and finished. Usually I just reboot the Pi.
I enabled debug but didn't see any smoking guns in the log file - CPU and memory were all fine right up to the pause.

I am modestly overclocked:

gpu_mem=256
gpu_mem_256=100
gpu_mem_512=256
arm_freq=800
core_freq=300
sdram_freq=400
over_voltage=0
force_turbo=0

I used dwc_otg.fiq_enable=0 in cmdline.txt (from memory - Pi isn't on to check) to disable FIQ and the 'pause' has gone away.

I have a single USB device installed - an official Microsoft media center remote control receiver. Nothing else, I never use USB storage, everything is played via NFS. Shared library using MySQL.

What's the best way to help debug this?

Thanks,

Paul

FYI - the problem has gone away with Helix (tried OpenELEC_Helix-RPi.arm-devel-20140503005248-r18321-gb5520e3).

Paul
Noticed last evening that latest Build (Helix) reboots every time a video is played to the end... will debug tomorrow.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2014-05-05, 08:15)john.cord Wrote: Noticed last evening that latest Build (Helix) reboots every time a video is played to the end... will debug tomorrow.

Not an issue here. Watched some shows with latest build without an issue.
In the last Helix build framerate by playing Movies or Series is still at 60! All Movies (also 3D) whitch has 24 are played with 60. so the automatic switch in 3D doesnt work also. Take back revered to previous build, there it switches correctly.

But nevertheless great first builds of upcoming Helix Smile great Job!!!

Greetz,
J.
For now even Helix releases gives me problem with fiq FSM, but work very well with it disabled. Let's see when this is sorted out.
(2014-05-05, 00:16)tomtomclub Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 18:17)tuxen Wrote: What kinda D8000 model do you have? Mine is UE55D8000 LED.

i have UE55D8000 Led year 2011 running Filmwere 001029
you can ask your friend v2 if Gotham work on cec
I will ask him, but as said he usually calls me if something is wrong.
I think the v2 difference was a coca cola resistant remote control (flat, not the standard samsung) and two pair of cheaper glasses instead of one. But I will check it out I'm going to see him tomorrow.

(2014-05-05, 09:35)SSC_Jarod Wrote: In the last Helix build framerate by playing Movies or Series is still at 60! All Movies (also 3D) whitch has 24 are played with 60. so the automatic switch in 3D doesnt work also. Take back revered to previous build, there it switches correctly.

But nevertheless great first builds of upcoming Helix Smile great Job!!!

Greetz,
J.

I have watched a few shows and livestreams without problems either.
My TV switches fine to 24HZ, 50HZ, or the 25HZ and 30HZ I have in my advancedsettings.xml.
Also in 3D movies it works fine. And no reboots.
[/quote]
Tuxen wrote:

I have watched a few shows and livestreams without problems either.
My TV switches fine to 24HZ, 50HZ, or the 25HZ and 30HZ I have in my advancedsettings.xml.
Also in 3D movies it works fine. And no reboots.
[/quote]

Hi Tuxen,

Until now i havent in my as.xml the HZs, only my database. And it worked so far until the last build.
Can you please post yours so i look and can try?!

Thx in advance, Smile
J.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8