• 8(current)
Amber for Gotham - Support thread
Is there anyway to hide 'All Episodes' from the Seasons list?
@pecinko ,

could it be that Amber regularly scans the database?
The reason I ask this is that since some time my NAS very rarely sleeps.
In another thread, I read that it could be a combination of Gotham+Skin (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1643083).
Since my SQL database runs on my NAS I would like to solve this and have it sleep again.

Thanks for the great skin!
(2014-05-01, 13:42)Smultie Wrote: @pecinko ,

In another thread, I read that it could be a combination of Gotham+Skin (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1643083).
Since my SQL database runs on my NAS I would like to solve this and have it sleep again.

Turn off the home shelf and test if it helps. Skin widgets runs in the background as service. Though, it should scan DB on your htpc not folders on your NAS. Skin itself does not update DB in any way.

(2014-04-30, 19:23)yusky03 Wrote: Is there anyway to hide 'All Episodes' from the Seasons list?

I don't know, see xbmc wiki.

(2014-04-30, 02:55)hdmkv Wrote: Stupid question... where is 'Programs'? How do I get to it? Thanks.

Under addons?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-05-01, 16:07)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 13:42)Smultie Wrote: @pecinko ,

Turn off the home shelf and test if it helps. Skin widgets runs in the background as service. Though, it should scan DB on your htpc not folders on your NAS. Skin itself does not update DB in any way.

Guess skin widgets is the culprit. Since I run MySQL on my NAS.
I just found out about this skin, it looks amazing! Though, I was wondering if it is possible to have multi fanart as background for home menu and video background instead of just one image (like aeon nox 5)

Thanks a lot!
Hi all

First of all, Amber is sooo slick, thank you Big Grin
But I can't find the file manager I used to use on Confluence by pressing option, system, files ( I guess since I use a French version) while browsing. Any idea please ?
(2014-05-03, 22:57)SAMsan Wrote: Hi all

First of all, Amber is sooo slick, thank you Big Grin
But I can't find the file manager I used to use on Confluence by pressing option, system, files ( I guess since I use a French version) while browsing. Any idea please ?

Settings, on the right.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Great skin! I have one question: Is it possible to change the color of the watched, unwatched and partially watched flags? White is a bit hard to see. Is it maybe something I can change in a file somewhere, or is it textures in the xbt?
Where can I request features for the shelf widgets?
I really like the recommended items feature for TV shows. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well with multiple installations on a shared MySQL library, i.e. if I watched an episode in the living room, the shelf on the bedroom device doesn't get updated. An update feature (manual or automatic) for recommended items would be nice.
(2014-05-05, 11:47)CrowleyAJ Wrote: Where can I request features for the shelf widgets?
I really like the recommended items feature for TV shows. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well with multiple installations on a shared MySQL library, i.e. if I watched an episode in the living room, the shelf on the bedroom device doesn't get updated. An update feature (manual or automatic) for recommended items would be nice.

What happens if you reload/refresh skin?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-05-05, 14:42)pecinko Wrote: What happens if you reload/refresh skin?

No, "Reload Skin" doesn't refresh recommended items either.

The only things you can do to refresh recommended items seem to be updating the library or playing a video file.
(2014-05-05, 19:40)CrowleyAJ Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 14:42)pecinko Wrote: What happens if you reload/refresh skin?

No, "Reload Skin" doesn't refresh recommended items either.

The only things you can do to refresh recommended items seem to be updating the library or playing a video file.

Than there is not much I can do to help I'm afraid.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-05-05, 23:06)pecinko Wrote: Than there is not much I can do to help I'm afraid.

Thats why I asked, where I should ask. Smile
I'll try it in the Skin Widgets thread then.
Hi Pecinko, great skin thankyou! I have one small problem with the Gotham skin and Raspbmc, if DialogOK.xml is displayed after boot before the home screen menu has loaded proper, it takes two presses of the 'ok' button and then press the back button to get back to the home screen or you are left with a blank screen/wallpaper.

The reason I am asking is because Raspbmc uses a script 'autostart.py' which displays DialogOK if Raspbmc has not shut down properly, and I have also added to this so that I can display a message after boot. Here is the section of the code from autostart.py (works in Frodo):

Code:
if DISTRO == "Raspbmc" and os.path.isfile("/home/pi/.bootstatus") and check_service_running("wd") == "true" and not os.path.isfile("/home/p$
    import xbmcgui
        dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
        dialog.ok("Raspbmc did not shut down properly", "Raspbmc should always be shut down via the\npower icon in the lower left corner")
        dialog.ok("Raspbmc did not shut down properly", "If your device keeps freezing or rebooting\nvisit www.raspbmc.com/power for advice")
if DISTRO == "Raspbmc":
    import xbmcgui
    dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
        if os.path.isfile("/home/pi/message.txt"):
            #open and read file, use line one, 80 character max
            with open("/home/pi/message.txt") as ttm:
                message = ttm.readline()
            linecount = min(2,(len(message) / 40 ) + 1)
            final_message = ""
            for line in range(linecount):
                final_message = final_message + message[line*120:(1+line)*120] + "\n"
            dialog.ok("Message",final_message)
            #burn after reading
            os.remove("/home/pi/message.txt")

os.system('sudo /sbin/initctl emit --no-wait start-wd')
Any idea?
Is it possible to change positions of home menu items?
Pictures, is all the way to the left for example, can i change that?

The Skin Optionen look great, but i cant find an option to reorder items, can they only be activated/deactivated?

Two "Requests":
Can we get a Fanart as Background for the "Big List"-View, like "List" or "Low-List" has it?
Infinitely[/php] scrolling main menu bar, at the moment it jumps to the other end if you reach the end. i would to see the list just scrolling without jumping.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Gotham - Support thread2