• 9(current)
Amber for Gotham - Support thread
Hey, Pecinko.

Now that it's final, I switched to Gotham and Amber looks great! I appreciate the little tweaks in Amber going from Frodo to Gotham. I've only noticed one minor issue I figured I should report. When I view my Music Artists in Icons view, non-square thumbnails are stretched instead of cropped. It occurred to me that this might be intentional, but I don't remember it being that way in Amber for Frodo.

Also, I was playing around with Quartz and I noticed that the Information screen for Artists and Albums is much larger and includes Artist Biography or Album Review. This is pretty nice! Is there any possibility we'll see a bigger Information screen like this for Amber down the road?

Anyway, we don't say it enough, but thanks for creating such a great skin. I just love that Big Panel (with Fanart) View for Movies and TV Shows! I'm amazed that the other skin designers haven't implemented it!
(2014-05-07, 04:02)KevinSartori Wrote: Hey, Pecinko.

Now that it's final, I switched to Gotham and Amber looks great! I appreciate the little tweaks in Amber going from Frodo to Gotham. I've only noticed one minor issue I figured I should report. When I view my Music Artists in Icons view, non-square thumbnails are stretched instead of cropped. It occurred to me that this might be intentional, but I don't remember it being that way in Amber for Frodo.

Also, I was playing around with Quartz and I noticed that the Information screen for Artists and Albums is much larger and includes Artist Biography or Album Review. This is pretty nice! Is there any possibility we'll see a bigger Information screen like this for Amber down the road?

Anyway, we don't say it enough, but thanks for creating such a great skin. I just love that Big Panel (with Fanart) View for Movies and TV Shows! I'm amazed that the other skin designers haven't implemented it!

Thanks!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-05-06, 23:31)HansWursT619 Wrote: Is it possible to change positions of home menu items?
Pictures, is all the way to the left for example, can i change that?

The Skin Optionen look great, but i cant find an option to reorder items, can they only be activated/deactivated?

Two "Requests":
Can we get a Fanart as Background for the "Big List"-View, like "List" or "Low-List" has it?
Infinitely[/php] scrolling main menu bar, at the moment it jumps to the other end if you reach the end. i would to see the list just scrolling without jumping.

I second this for both requests. Except that I want fanart and multi fanart options.
Question 
Hi all,

I am also using Amber on XMBC Gotham and for me it works absolutely fine.

There is only one thing I would like to change. It concerns the display of the Favorites.
It seems that there is no possibility to change the view style of the favorites' entries by using settings provided by the skin.

Screenshot:

I want to change the view to List view.

So, is it possible to change it manually by modifying a specific setting/layout file?

Thanks a lot.

woo73
Another question regarding the home menu.
Does the skin provide functionality to edit the default home menu entries like "TV-Shows", to associate those with my own smartplaylist?
Or do i have to change this by hand in an .xml?
(2014-05-04, 02:04)pecinko Wrote: Settings, on the right.

Great ! TU
By the way, I'd like to report something on openelec's settings screen. Take a look.
Is Amber on Gotham ATV2 capable?

It seems to run smoothly, but I have som crashes sometimes when starting a new video, and when downloading subtitles...

By the way, very nice skin Wink
The Real Skimshady
(2014-05-07, 20:38)SAMsan Wrote: By the way, I'd like to report something on openelec's settings screen. Take a look.
Hello,

FYI, it will be probably fixed with next version 0.3.16 of openelec addon. (Occurs also with other skins)
Issue closed yesterday : https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/3185
(2014-05-07, 23:49)dekani Wrote: Hello,

FYI, it will be probably fixed with next version 0.3.16 of openelec addon. (Occurs also with other skins)
Issue closed yesterday : https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/3185

Nice, thank you for the answer. I was not sure it was an Amber issue, now I know it's not.
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I am trying to install Amber after a clean install of gotham final build. In the add-on repo it is listed as incompatible. I read through this thread and didn't see a link to a zip for the skin. I use amber because it's a badass skin and it integrates perfectly with my Plex Media Server backend. Definitely a hard setup to beat. Thanks for any help!
I have figured out my issue above.
hi keeganl,

I have some trouble with Amber, there is no covers at home screen.
Do You have that issue?

regards
Tried this for the first time....love it. I'm using it with an Ouya. I don't know if it's been mentioned but it crashes XBMC back to the Ouya Android menu when I click on Addons > Programs. Besides that everything else seems to be just peachy! Many thanks. Smile
I'm new to Amber and so far I'm impressed! Great work!

My question...Since there are no weather widgets being used in this (beautiful) skin would it be possible to just have the weather displayed at all times on the weather panel? then there would be no need to open a new screen and then back out again?.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Gotham - Support thread2