• 160(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Just to ask for an update, did anyone who filed support tickets with Amazon hear back about VC-1 playback yet?
(2014-05-09, 04:08)haikuginger Wrote: Just to ask for an update, did anyone who filed support tickets with Amazon hear back about VC-1 playback yet?

Not yet. I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me as to the exact (supposed) VC-1 supported specs.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Does anyone know if a USB hub will work? Would like to connect keyboard and MCE remote.
(2014-05-09, 04:08)haikuginger Wrote: Just to ask for an update, did anyone who filed support tickets with Amazon hear back about VC-1 playback yet?

I got a nice email, the relevant part of which was this:

Quote:I've checked our records and see that this is an ongoing issue and I'd like to inform you that, we've already reported this issue to our technical team, and they're working on taking care of it.
(2014-05-09, 05:37)nathan909 Wrote: Does anyone know if a USB hub will work? Would like to connect keyboard and MCE remote.

i dont think amazon has opened the usb port to be used yet.
(2014-05-09, 06:19)claydavis Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 05:37)nathan909 Wrote: Does anyone know if a USB hub will work? Would like to connect keyboard and MCE remote.

I'm pretty sure the port is active, as people have mentioned being able to plug in keyboards and mice. It's just that external storage isn't yet supported.

I use it with a wireless keyboard and FLIRC which requires a hub with two dongles plugged in. I didn't 't bother to shut down the FTV. Just removed the FLIRC, plugged in a hub with four ports and. plugged in the dongles. All worked fine.

Philip

Yes. Powered or un-powered hubs work.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-05-09, 06:22)who.is.matt Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 06:19)claydavis Wrote:

I'm pretty sure the port is active, as people have mentioned being able to plug in keyboards and mice. It's just that external storage isn't yet supported.

ah, my mistake.
Anyone running Gotham 1 on here yet? In still using rc1 someone reported some bugs in the full release so was holding off
(2014-05-09, 07:15)ilovemymac Wrote: Anyone running Gotham 1 on here yet? In still using rc1 someone reported some bugs in the full release so was holding off

I am, and it's working well for me.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Has anyone else had trouble with getting custom keycaps working? I've followed the wiki and created keyboard.xml (third type from the wiki) and i've used dab to push adb push /Users/Steven/Desktop/keyboard.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <Global>
    <keyboard>
          <up>Up</up>
          <down>Down</down>
          <left>Left</left>
          <right>Right</right>
          <enter>Select</enter>
      <menu>ContextMenu</menu>
          <play_pause>Play</play_pause>
      <backspace>Back</backspace>
      <rewind>PageUp</rewind>
      <fastforward>PageDown</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </Global>
  <Home>
    <keyboard>
      <menu>XBMC.ActivateWindow(favourites)</menu>
    </keyboard>
  </Home>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
          <up>BigStepForward</up>
          <down>BigStepBack</down>
          <left>StepBack</left>
          <right>StepForward</right>
          <enter>OSD</enter>
      <menu>CodecInfo</menu>
          <play_pause>Play</play_pause>
      <backspace>Stop</backspace>
      <rewind>Rewind</rewind>
      <fastforward>FastForward</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/
153 KB/s (2581 bytes in 0.016s)

so i'm pretty sure i've done this correctly. Still re-starting xbmc the new map doesn't take effect (i test by trying menu button during video playback and it does nothing)

any ideas chaps?
i managed to get latest gotham r13 installed on my fire tv box, only problem, it appears to crash when i click on the programs link at the bottom, takes me back to the basic amazon UI.
OK, so I finally heard back from Amazon support concerning VC-1, and here's the response I received.

Quote:Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble you've had.

We are sorry for the delay this has taken in getting back to you regarding your query.

I've checked with the technical team's response to the query and see that currently, VC-1 is not supported on Fire TV. I'm sorry for any disappointment.

You can check the external specification of supported media formats here:

https://developer.amazon.com/appsandserv.../docs/medi...

I regret any misinformation. Amazon Fire TV is constantly developing on its content and compatibility. We are increasing our selection, and the features unavailable now may become available in the future.

Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve the Amazon Fire TV experience. I've forwarded your message to our development team for consideration as we make further improvements.

I would suggest that anyone needing or wanting VC-1 decoding to contact Amazon since the more people that request it the more likely it is that they might implement it.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-05-09, 09:54)logan_x50 Wrote: Has anyone else had trouble with getting custom keycaps working? I've followed the wiki and created keyboard.xml (third type from the wiki) and i've used dab to push adb push /Users/Steven/Desktop/keyboard.xml

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/
153 KB/s (2581 bytes in 0.016s)

so i'm pretty sure i've done this correctly. Still re-starting xbmc the new map doesn't take effect (i test by trying menu button during video playback and it does nothing)

any ideas chaps?

Try reading back the keymap.xml from the FireTV just to make sure it is the updated file.
  • 160(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10