• 275(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2014-04-26, 09:08)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 15:35)Death-Axe Wrote: Tried the fixed one, followed all instructions; same login error. They are all broken.

(2014-04-22, 19:13)gott_sei_dank Wrote: I'v had success using the no username/password fork which has PR pending on github, login, subs, and search all work. I can't vouch for security but it uses OAUTH from Google. It doesn't have the vevo fix and it has a different name and version number so any apps you use which call the plugin won't work remote apps etc. Use at own risk etc.

Can you link me to this please? :-)

https://github.com/jimporter/youtube-xbmc-plugin

Can't get that working either. Won't even work if I setup an ap spacific password. Did the real devs call it quits altogether? if so, someone else needs to step up to the plate and make an actual "de facto standard" app.

I'm sure some talented fellows on here could wipe the floor with this one :-) (and base it off of YT sane grid instead? come on, you know it makes sense.)
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2014-04-30, 00:36)Death-Axe Wrote:
(2014-04-26, 09:08)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 15:35)Death-Axe Wrote: Tried the fixed one, followed all instructions; same login error. They are all broken.

Can you link me to this please? :-)

https://github.com/jimporter/youtube-xbmc-plugin

Can't get that working either. Won't even work if I setup an ap spacific password. Did the real devs call it quits altogether? if so, someone else needs to step up to the plate and make an actual "de facto standard" app.

I'm sure some talented fellows on here could wipe the floor with this one :-) (and base it off of YT sane grid instead? come on, you know it makes sense.)

My youtube account is somewhat disposable, didn't want to merge my google and youtube accounts. Using any form of additional security just adds complexity to the dark art of logging into youtube.
Hi guys,

During last several weeks I had similar problems with YT plugin 4.4.6.
I couldn't play any movie. I spend some time on an investigation with uncle Google. I found some fixes and I was trying them several times but without success. Finally, I had even errors for login to YT. However I merged two published fixes and now it works for me Smile

Here is the link to full YT patch that works for me:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/neft8x

I hope it will help you.

gangel
Do you have a diff?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No I don't have diff. Sorry..
Hi guys,

Thanks for your work on the plugin - it's a big favourite on my Pi.

For the past few weeks the plugin has been very problematic and hardly plays anything on Youtube. I normally have the problem with sanctioned channels such as VEVO, but lately it is rare if anything plays at all.

thanks,
James
Im trying to get files to play using:
Code:
url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=M7FIvfx5J10'

Should this work currently? No matter what i do, i cant get it to play.
Also cant login with the latest fix.
I cant't login gives me script errors, v4.4.7 if i am not mistaken on Android XBMC. What can i do about that? Also some videos work without me to login some doesn't start.
Take a look at post 4113 and see if it works for you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-07, 18:05)DoubleT Wrote: Im trying to get files to play using:
Code:
url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=M7FIvfx5J10'

The url above works fine for me, unless you're referring to it not being in 1080p. I think that's explained here: http://googlesystem.blogspot.pt/2013/10/...reams.html
I'm not sure that there is anything that can/has been done to get 1080p to play.
Thanks learningit, so i guess i have some other issue.
I will test this on another PC.
(2014-05-07, 18:05)DoubleT Wrote: Im trying to get files to play using:
Code:

Actually looking again at your previous message, I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the 'url=' part. Try making a .strm file with plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=M7FIvfx5J10 in it, put it in a directory that you can access as a video source and try playing it. I had no problem with Youtube version 4.4.6. If you're trying to use something like live streams or another addon which uses an xml format, you may need to expand the both of the '&' to '&' to get it to work.
As of this afternoon I'm no longer able to login. Did something change with Youtube? Is there a fix to the plugin coming?
this addon suks in every aspect there is, never worked proper way for me ... burn it with fire Smile
(2014-05-10, 11:27)hellcry Wrote: this addon suks in every aspect there is, never worked proper way for me ... burn it with fire Smile

Calm down. It's working fine for me with the fixes applied.

I posted a fixed version of this plugin here -->Link to post 4063. Many people have posted and confirmed it's working for them, so give it a shot, and read the instructions. No guarantee it'll work, though it's been working perfectly fine for me.

If you activated Googles two-step verification, aint nothing going to work, until someone comes up with a proper fix. Until then, either create a second google account for youtube viewing in xbmc, or turn 2-step off.
  • 275(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28