• 164(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-05-11, 12:11)LRa Wrote: Hi,
Just got and installed XBMC on my Fire. For some reason it won't find my desktop pc in smb. Tried maually entering the address smd://L/ but it doesn't find it.

Any ideas?

All on the same router of course.
Fire ip is 10.0.0.10
desktop pc ip 10.0.0.4

Seems to be an issue with Gotham. Same issue for me with pc and Rasberry Pi. Best to use ip address, in your case if "L" is your share containing media you want to add, use:
smb://10.0.0.4/L

P.S. This is discussed all over this thread, and is not Fire TV specific.
I've noticed XBMC is locked at Windowed 1920x1080, although I've changed resolution in FireOS to 720p. Why is that? Is that something weird with FireOS, or with XBMC?
(2014-05-11, 08:12)ixian Wrote: Though XBMC sees the Amazon Prime video as an "app" in Programs I assume the reason it doesn't launch is because it's not technically a separate app but simply built in to the KFTV launcher, correct? I know I can always exit XBMC but it'd be nice to launch as an app like Netflix inside XBMC itself.

Launching apps should work in Gotham for anything except Amazon Prime.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ama...ithin_XBMC
(2014-05-11, 09:02)jocala Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 06:36)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 02:32)dukester Wrote: Running Gotham official now and i was able to turn both mediacodec and libstage acceleration on with no adverse affects. Seems all is good, maybe someone can update the wiki

With HD content as well? For me, the MediaCodec issues were most prevalent in 720p & 1080p x264 MKVs.

Worked fine for me with 1080p m2ts and mkv. I updated the wiki for Gotham.

Same here. The only remaining not great video is TV MPEG2 1080i deinterlaced with MediaCodec. I think it might be better than a lot of other android devices, but it's still not as smooth as a PC. I have founding running MediaCodec with deinterlacing of and having my receiver clean the feed to 1080p, which many probably can't do, comes out pretty darn well.

Only issue now is all the random crashes I get. Those seem rare when you are just watching though. Seems messing with little settings for video and stuff as something is playing can often crash it.
Anyone tried the Gotham 13.1 beta1 yet?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/androi...bi-v7a.apk
(2014-05-11, 12:11)LRa Wrote: Hi,
Just got and installed XBMC on my Fire. For some reason it won't find my desktop pc in smb. Tried maually entering the address smd://L/ but it doesn't find it.

Any ideas?

All on the same router of course.
Fire ip is 10.0.0.10
desktop pc ip 10.0.0.4
I had the same difficulties and found that simply restarting the pc, after creating a shared folder, allowed both the pc and Fire TV to recognize the SMB network location.
(2014-05-11, 15:44)treqie Wrote: I've noticed XBMC is locked at Windowed 1920x1080, although I've changed resolution in FireOS to 720p. Why is that? Is that something weird with FireOS, or with XBMC?

From what we've seen so far, it looks like the FireTV always runs at an internal 1080p resolution; it's just scaling it down for lower-resolution TVs in hardware.

That makes sense, because Android support for multiple resolutions is pretty awful.
Trying to figure out how to bypass Amazon home. Following the guide on the wiki for semi bypassing, I can't figure out:
1. how to sideload Llama
2. >adb push extracted_folder /sdcard/Llama/
the extracted folder on my android phone? if so, what's the root of the android?

p.s. can you change the home button behavior?
(2014-05-11, 19:56)LRa Wrote: Trying to figure out how to bypass Amazon home. Following the guide on the wiki for semi bypassing, I can't figure out:
1. how to sideload Llama
the extracted folder on my android phone? if so, what's the root of the android?

Same as installing XBMC
>adb install

No you can't change the home button behavior.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-05-11, 20:23)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 19:56)LRa Wrote: Trying to figure out how to bypass Amazon home. Following the guide on the wiki for semi bypassing, I can't figure out:
1. how to sideload Llama

Same as installing XBMC
>adb install

No you can't change the home button behavior.

I see. Where do I get the apk(I download the app to my android phone, but I'd rather install it from Windows)?

Afterwards, I need to " >adb push extracted_folder /sdcard/Llama/" from Windows?
You can upload (share) the APK to Google Drive to download on your PC. Remember the > is not part of the actual command.
(2014-05-11, 21:16)cstark27 Wrote: You can upload (share) the APK to Google Drive to download on your PC. Remember the > is not part of the actual command.

Ok. So through adt I run "adb push c:\users\L\desktop\Llama /sdcard/Llama/"
(2014-05-11, 21:56)LRa Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 21:16)cstark27 Wrote: You can upload (share) the APK to Google Drive to download on your PC. Remember the > is not part of the actual command.

Ok. So through adt I run "adb push c:\users\L\desktop\Llama /sdcard/Llama/"

You don't use "push" to install Llama. To install you have to use "adb install", the same way you sideload XBMC.

You only use "push" to copy the "llama_event" folder to the Fire TV as shown on the wiki.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just to update I turned mediacodec off, while streaming hd content online it started to mess up with the 30 second skips not skipping and the long skip, 10 minutes iirc restarted the videos from the beginning also the time indicator was showing 0:00.. Went back to libstagefright only and all is well again. Mediacodec does decode 1080p smoothly now tho but for me with all the above mentioned bugs.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
OK, how about the moron instructions for me. I am not getting the adb commands to work so far. I am curious if I have to connect my AFTV to my Window's PC VIA USB. Or is it possible to do it through wi-fi like I am attempting?
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10