• 42(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
Hi,
I have a question about the widgets visual : I noticed the posters are not the same size.
I know the original posters are not, but is there an option to display them the same height, because it's a bit odd, just look :
That's up to the skin author.
Thanks, i thought it was dependent of the widgets.
I'll ask to the author.
RecentMovie.1.Title (only unwatched on) and RecommendedMovie.1.Title seem to always be non-empty even though the playback is 100% finished and media marked as watched. Restarting XBMC clears the labels.

Annoying when you want to set a group visibility using these and cannot use Container.NumItems to set the visibility Confused
(2013-11-07, 12:25)starkos Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 09:50)T800 Wrote: If you navigate and then come back to the home screen does it update?

Unfortunately no, navigating through any of the libraries or settings then returning to the home screen doesn't update/refresh the widget.

Shame no one using an external player and Gotham can confirm this though in case it's something specifics to my setup. Guess will have to just wait and see what happens once Gotham reaches beta/final. Thanks for all your help

I have exactly the same problem : using external player, manually toggling videos as watched, and widgets are not refreshed.
I have to launch a video scan to force the widgets to refresh.
Gotham beta 4.
hi,
great plugin, I'm using it inside AEON nox on my home menu.
Anyway to generate a playlist (for tv show) with the featured episodes ? (and more than 8 episodes, like in the featured actual list on the widget)
Would be great to view that list as a "favourite tv show list"
Tried the "lazy tv" plugin and to create myself a smart playlist, but the way the "featured" episodes choices works is just smarter...
Tanks !
I've been looking a long way to find out what has been keeping my NAS from hibernating and it turned out that it was your service.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1699381 for info.
Just change the way it updates the random items; or disable random items if you don't use them.
(2014-05-05, 10:10)Hitcher Wrote: Just change the way it updates the random items; or disable random items if you don't use them.

That's exactly what I did. Just posted to this thread to help others who possibly deal with that specific problem.
I'm using the Amber skin on a Raspberry Pi. I really like the recommended items feature for TV shows. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well with multiple installations on a shared MySQL library, i.e. if I watched an episode in the living room, the shelf on the bedroom device doesn't get updated. The only way to force an update to the recommended items list seems to be an library update or playing a video. Even marking an episode as watched on the same device doesn't trigger an update.
I would like similar options like the random or recent items: Updating on a timer or updating when returning to the home screen.

The best option would be an update triggered by a database change, though im not sure whether this is possible.

The following would be a possibility for MySQL:
Code:
SELECT UPDATE_TIME FROM information_schema.TABLES WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA='xbmc_master_video78' AND TABLE_NAME = 'episode'
I'm afraid I don't have a debug log but saw this today (tip of master XBMC on OpenELEC) - a new TV show episode had just been scraped a few seconds prior to the exception:
Code:
05:59:46 3237.510254 T:2887775312  NOTICE: Thread VideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
05:59:46 3237.539795 T:2887775312  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
05:59:48 3239.672607 T:2887775312  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:02
05:59:48 3239.687744 T:2829055056  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
05:59:49 3241.271729 T:2887775312  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
05:59:49 3241.271729 T:2887775312  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
05:59:53 3245.222656 T:2948371536   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 733, in onDatabaseUpdated
                                                self.update_listitems(database)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 635, in _update
                                                self._fetch_movies('RecommendedMovie')
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 207, in _fetch_movies
                                                self.WINDOW.setProperty("%s.%d.Studio"          % (request, count), item['studio'][0])
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
06:02:25 3397.315674 T:3057869600  NOTICE: NFS is idle. Closing the remaining connections.

Edit: Restarted XBMC, enabled debug logging, scanned in another new TV show episode (using JSON) and saw the same exception - full debug log: http://sprunge.us/NTMD
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-25, 22:56)djoole Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 12:25)starkos Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 09:50)T800 Wrote: If you navigate and then come back to the home screen does it update?

Unfortunately no, navigating through any of the libraries or settings then returning to the home screen doesn't update/refresh the widget.

Shame no one using an external player and Gotham can confirm this though in case it's something specifics to my setup. Guess will have to just wait and see what happens once Gotham reaches beta/final. Thanks for all your help

I have exactly the same problem : using external player, manually toggling videos as watched, and widgets are not refreshed.
Gotham beta 4.
Please Martijn, could you give a clue about how the refresh works so that i can maybe try to look at the problem with manually watch-toggled videos?

Also, i would like to have the context menu on the widgets, to be able to toggle watched episodes from there and not having to enter a playlist just to do that.
Is this widget related or skin related?
(2014-05-12, 08:27)djoole Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 22:56)djoole Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 12:25)starkos Wrote: Unfortunately no, navigating through any of the libraries or settings then returning to the home screen doesn't update/refresh the widget.

Gotham beta 4.
Please Martijn, could you give a clue about how the refresh works so that i can maybe try to look at the problem with manually watch-toggled videos?

Also, i would like to have the context menu on the widgets, to be able to toggle watched episodes from there and not having to enter a playlist just to do that.
Is this widget related or skin related?

Hi, just to confirm that with Gotham final the widgets still no longer update after watching a video using an external player.

I don't have to manually toggle a video as watched when using an external player though? It is done automatically after watching.
(2014-05-12, 11:16)starkos Wrote: I don't have to manually toggle a video as watched when using an external player though? It is done automatically after watching.

Depends on your Corefactory configuration. I didn't want the videos to auto be tagged as watched automatically, because, for example, if you launch a movie/episode and watch it at 80%, the video will disappear from XBMC (i hide watched content) and you won't know/remember you didn't see the end of your video.

So i put <playcountminimumtime>999999</playcountminimumtime>
Ah that makes sense
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8