• 165(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-05-12, 02:37)Lake Camelot Wrote: OK, how about the moron instructions for me. I am not getting the adb commands to work so far. I am curious if I have to connect mt AFTV to my Window's PC VIA USB. Or is it possible to do it through wi-fi like I am attempting?

Wifi works. Use the adb connect IP_ADDRESS command to connect to your Fire TV and then adb install APK_File. See Wiki for more details.
(2014-05-12, 02:37)Lake Camelot Wrote: OK, how about the moron instructions for me. I am not getting the adb commands to work so far. I am curious if I have to connect my AFTV to my Window's PC VIA USB. Or is it possible to do it through wi-fi like I am attempting?

You can only sideload via the network. USB does not work for sideloading.

adb connect 999.999.999.999: 5555 -- substitute your firetv IP for the 999s
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-05-10, 01:00)nathan909 Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 20:13)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 19:04)toddhutch Wrote: Have you already rebooted your ATVF box?
Also, did you disable Media Codec acceleration, as per the wiki? Only LibStageFright is currently supported on the FTV.

Yes, Media Codec acceleration is disabled.

Playback just isn't smooth, it doesn't show that its dropping any frames, but it looks like there is one missing every few seconds.

Should a 24hz movie play smooth?

Its something you would only see when there is scrolling action on screen.
Easy to see on a intro to a movie, when you look at the shot of the globe rotating and zooming out. Looks like it skips a frame here and there.

Android is currently only able to output at 60hz so any 24p content will always undergo 2:3 pulldown. That said, the stuttering effect caused by 2:3 pulldown is usually quite subtle, some people never even notice it, while others may be more sensitive.
So the crucial question is, what is the native refresh rate of your screen (TV)? If it is 60hz then all 24p content should stutter the same regardless of what device you use to play them (they will all eventually have to be 2:3 pulldown, either by the device or by the TV itself), and if you perceive more stuttering on the Fire TV than on your HTPC, then something is wrong with your Fire TV. If however your TV is 120hz or 240hz, and you configured your HTPC to push native 24p to the TV (you would be a moron not to Smile, then it's much more likely you've gotten used to stutter-free play back on your HTPC, and are just experiencing the normal 2:3 pulldown induced stuttering on the Fire TV.
(2014-05-12, 02:37)Lake Camelot Wrote: OK, how about the moron instructions for me. I am not getting the adb commands to work so far. I am curious if I have to connect my AFTV to my Window's PC VIA USB. Or is it possible to do it through wi-fi like I am attempting?

Connect using ip address of AFTV
adb connect 192.168.1.15
then adb install something.apk
ensure the apk is in the folder where apk exists or have apk in its path.
Hello,

I just got a Fire TV and Flirc adapter and working on setting it up. Does anyone know what harmony profile is used for the described setup in the wiki? I tried using a MCE Keyboard profile but it is not working with Flirc.

I am currently using the Flirc XBMC harmony profile and it works great in XBMC but is not full functional in apps like Netflix and Hulu.
(2014-05-12, 05:17)sadboy Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 01:00)nathan909 Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 20:13)elmerohueso Wrote: Also, did you disable Media Codec acceleration, as per the wiki? Only LibStageFright is currently supported on the FTV.

Yes, Media Codec acceleration is disabled.

Playback just isn't smooth, it doesn't show that its dropping any frames, but it looks like there is one missing every few seconds.

Easy to see on a intro to a movie, when you look at the shot of the globe rotating and zooming out. Looks like it skips a frame here and there.

Android is currently only able to output at 60hz so any 24p content will always undergo 2:3 pulldown. That said, the stuttering effect caused by 2:3 pulldown is usually quite subtle, some people never even notice it, while others may be more sensitive.
So the crucial question is, what is the native refresh rate of your screen (TV)? If it is 60hz then all 24p content should stutter the same regardless of what device you use to play them (they will all eventually have to be 2:3 pulldown, either by the device or by the TV itself), and if you perceive more stuttering on the Fire TV than on your HTPC, then something is wrong with your Fire TV. If however your TV is 120hz or 240hz, and you configured your HTPC to push native 24p to the TV (you would be a moron not to Smile, then it's much more likely you've gotten used to stutter-free play back on your HTPC, and are just experiencing the normal 2:3 pulldown induced stuttering on the Fire TV.

I have the same problem with a Gotham build and it happens consistently. Here is what I know:

1) For me, it only seems to happen with AVIs and is just noticeable when panning
2) 720p MKVs and ISO files play fine with no stuttering at all.
3) This problem does not occur with Frodo or Openelec on my PC.
4) This also does not happen with my WD Live player.

Again, for me, it only happens when playing AVIs.
Did anyone notice that the colors with the Fire TV are oversaturated?
Would the fire tv be a worthwhile upgrade from an over clocked RPi?
(2014-05-12, 11:39)richiebrowns Wrote: Would the fire tv be a worthwhile upgrade from an over clocked RPi?

I would say yes. I have a RPi upstairs and now the AFTV downstairs, and i would prefer the AFTV anytime over the RPI. Some issues aside it works perfectly. I can use it for all my tv serie needs Smile
is it much faster than the Pi?
(2014-05-12, 06:56)Blue_Calx Wrote: Hello,

I just got a Fire TV and Flirc adapter and working on setting it up. Does anyone know what harmony profile is used for the described setup in the wiki? I tried using a MCE Keyboard profile but it is not working with Flirc.

I am currently using the Flirc XBMC harmony profile and it works great in XBMC but is not full functional in apps like Netflix and Hulu.

The profile used in the Harmony setup shouldn't matter. The Flirc is designed to pick up an IR signal from the remote (any IR signal) and translate it to a keypress. You could configure the remote as a Visio TV (for example) and the Flirc wouldn't care. In order to use the setup in the wiki, you need to use the Flirc GUI/command line app to setup your remote as shown in the Keypress column in the wiki.

Personally, I have my Harmony set with the XBMC profile, but then I went and changed what most of the buttons do in the Flirc GUI. The XBMC profile is designed as a quick-start profile as its mappings are preset in the Flirc.

Try this link or this link
(2014-05-12, 14:02)richiebrowns Wrote: is it much faster than the Pi?

About 10x faster. Makes the ATV 2 seem like a half dead turtle. Make the jump. You won't regret it. Wink
(2014-05-12, 16:40)jtr2006 Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 14:02)richiebrowns Wrote: is it much faster than the Pi?

About 10x faster. Makes the ATV 2 seem like a half dead turtle. Make the jump. You won't regret it. Wink

Its so fast, you can watch a 90 minute movie in about 9 minutes now! Smile
(2014-05-12, 09:28)PK21 Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 05:17)sadboy Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 01:00)nathan909 Wrote: Yes, Media Codec acceleration is disabled.

I have the same problem with a Gotham build and it happens consistently. Here is what I know:

1) For me, it only seems to happen with AVIs and is just noticeable when panning
2) 720p MKVs and ISO files play fine with no stuttering at all.
3) This problem does not occur with Frodo or Openelec on my PC.
4) This also does not happen with my WD Live player.

Again, for me, it only happens when playing AVIs.

Hmm, does sound like a software problem then. Have you tried repackaging the problematic AVIs into MKVs (with mkvmerge or similar tool) and see if it still plays the same? It's much more likely the type of video stream is causing the problem rather than the container format.
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10