• 65(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
I don't think that's the problem, its that the full SBS is 3840x1080, and xbmc is shrinking it proportionally so that it fits into the 1920x1080 output - so the height AND width educed by 50%

then when the TV is changes to SBS display mode - the width is obviously double back to the full screen, but the height remains as 50% of what it should be
Try and you'll see
is there an easy way to change that , without remixing the whole lot via mkvmerge?

thanks
(2014-05-12, 23:57)da-anda Wrote: @wgstarks fix the display resolution in the MKV header and set it to 1920x1080 (or whatever the dimension of 1 single frame is in case it's cropped).

Thanks. I believe that is exactly what Toolnix is doing when I remux the file. Not really a big deal to have to remux since it only takes a few minutes. I would have thought though that DVDFab would have the ability to set this properly when the file is created. I can't find a setting for it though. It's not the most intuitive software IMO, but the settings look like it will produce a 16:9 file. Only it doesn't. I've emailed their tech support, maybe they can help.

Remuxing using aspect ratio (16:9) rather than size (3840x1080) does correct this. And as I said it's an easy and fairly quick fix.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-05-13, 00:19)docchris Wrote: I don't think that's the problem, its that the full SBS is 3840x1080, and xbmc is shrinking it proportionally so that it fits into the 1920x1080 output - so the height AND width educed by 50%

then when the TV is changes to SBS display mode - the width is obviously double back to the full screen, but the height remains as 50% of what it should be

If this is true then wouldn't the movie info display the correct information? Not sure, just asking. On my setup the aspect ratio is displayed wrong in the info window and played wrong as well. I guess the problem could start at the original library scan maybe. Honestly this is a ways over my head. Smile
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-05-12, 18:56)MGA1500 Wrote: Hi Afedchin,

having started a while ago to seriously consider XBMC (Gotham icw Linux/Openelec) as the basis for a fully integrated high-performance media centre development, I have posted some USB audio questions in one forum, and while looking into 3D and blu-ray I came across this thread wrt 3D video playback. My hardware is Intel Haswell i3 which -from chip PoV- supports frame packed full HD 3D.

From what I read is that XBMC in a 'afedchin build' does support this frame packed 3D mode, but only on a Windows environment AND with some 3rd party licensing issues. If so, is it also possible to use some sources for us to make our own Openelec development build? A windows version purely for demo would also be ok; we're working on a blasses-less 55" demo on the short term. We can use another player but it would be great to show this capability running under Windows XBMC if we can be pretty certain it will come to Linux XBMC world ;-)

Can you please indicate the status quo wrt full resolution 3D frame packed (sequential) under (Linux) XBMC?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Hi MGA1500,

Unfortunately, all 3th-party sources for frame-packing 3D are only for DirectX i.e. only for windows. There is no possibility to use it under Linux. But if vendors provide a sources (or similar libs) theirs drivers under Linux then I'll take a look at it certainly.

BR
Anton
(2014-05-13, 00:59)docchris Wrote: is there an easy way to change that , without remixing the whole lot via mkvmerge?

thanks
Just set correct display resolution in header editor of mkvmerge GUI. XBMC will correctly display full SBS/TAB sources with correct aspect ratio.
what afedchin said, no need to remux, simply edit the metadata of the video with the header editor.
I looked at header editor before remuxing but there wasn't an aspect ratio selection. Is it labeled as something else?
should be "display width" and "display height", don't change the other width
Thanks. So for FSBS it would be 3840 and 2160? I'm doing this in my head (never good Big Grin) but I think that's 1920x1080 times 2?
the display width and height have to match the "mono" resolution/the resolution it will be displayed in. So an uncropped FSBS movie will need to have a display resolution of 1920x1080 (simply divide the final pixel width by 2 and keep the height for SBS)
Please advise if this is the wrong thread.
I am using XBMC v14 from fritch's PPA in ubuntu 14.04
With nouveau HARDWARE BASED worked brilliantly - souldnt believe it. No need for 3d menu's etc etc... soo good!
But I need gpu acceleration for things like nona so had to install the nvidia binary driver and now HARDWARE BASED 3D mode does not work and instead I have a twin view display which is black on one side which the mouse can move into (not a problem as not usually using amouse).
In settings I can select which screen to use no problem.

How do I get hardware based 3D to work as expected with nvidia? I had this working most of the time on another machine with nvidia and twinview, but in the 'old' way where xbmc was streched over both outputs.

This is a dual projection setup.

Thank you
(2014-05-14, 09:00)spmp Wrote: Please advise if this is the wrong thread.
With nouveau HARDWARE BASED worked brilliantly - souldnt believe it. No need for 3d menu's etc etc... soo good!
But I need gpu acceleration for things like nona so had to install the nvidia binary driver and now HARDWARE BASED 3D mode does not work and instead I have a twin view display which is black on one side which the mouse can move into (not a problem as not usually using amouse).

How do I get hardware based 3D to work as expected with nvidia? I had this working most of the time on another machine with nvidia and twinview, but in the 'old' way where xbmc was streched over both outputs.

Thank you
It's my understanding that hardware acceleration is not yet supported in xbmc for 3D.
(2014-05-14, 09:00)spmp Wrote: Please advise if this is the wrong thread.

Thank you
What on earth is nona?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11