Low audio in Gotham?
I'm not sure if it's just the few episodes i watched since installing Gotham (13.1 Beta 1), but it seems that audio during playback is way lower then it used to be in Frodo.

I have to turn the volume on my TV up a lot more then before, and when the episode is finished the navigation sounds are way louder then comfortable. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
Why are you running a beta, Gotham is released.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-14, 10:27)rimster Wrote: I'm not sure if it's just the few episodes i watched since installing Gotham (13.1 Beta 1), but it seems that audio during playback is way lower then it used to be in Frodo.

I have to turn the volume on my TV up a lot more then before, and when the episode is finished the navigation sounds are way louder then comfortable. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I've not noticed this, could you post a screenshot of your audio settings please.

(2014-05-14, 10:34)nickr Wrote: Why are you running a beta, Gotham is released.
nickr note it's 13.1 which is the bug fix release currently in testing phase.
(2014-05-14, 11:21)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 10:27)rimster Wrote: I'm not sure if it's just the few episodes i watched since installing Gotham (13.1 Beta 1), but it seems that audio during playback is way lower then it used to be in Frodo.

I've not noticed this, could you post a screenshot of your audio settings please.

(2014-05-14, 10:34)nickr Wrote: Why are you running a beta, Gotham is released.
nickr note it's 13.1 which is the bug fix release currently in testing phase.
ok my error.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-14, 11:21)jjd-uk Wrote: I've not noticed this, could you post a screenshot of your audio settings please.

Here you go:

(2014-05-14, 12:01)nickr Wrote: ok my error.

Happens to the best of us Big Grin
Can't see there would be any issues with those settings, the main thing I was looking to check was the "Normalize levels on downmix" setting, which is enabled as it should be for your usage.

Something you can try is while playing something with a low volume, bring up the OSD and go to the Audio settings option, then in there adjust "Volume amplification" upwards, refer to Video_playback (wiki) and selecting "Set as default for all videos" will set it for any video played back I believe.
(2014-05-14, 15:21)jjd-uk Wrote: Can't see there would be any issues with those settings, the main thing I was looking to check was the "Normalize levels on downmix" setting, which is enabled as it should be for your usage.

Something you can try is while playing something with a low volume, bring up the OSD and go to the Audio settings option, then in there adjust "Volume amplification" upwards, refer to Video_playback (wiki) and selecting "Set as default for all videos" will set it for any video played back I believe.

I'll give it a go and let you know the results, thanks so far
(2014-05-14, 15:21)jjd-uk Wrote: Can't see there would be any issues with those settings, the main thing I was looking to check was the "Normalize levels on downmix" setting, which is enabled as it should be for your usage.

Thanks This fixed it. I've been dealing with the same problem since I upgraded last night, I knew it was time for a fix when dogs barking 3 houses down the street were louder than the movie. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low audio in Gotham?0