• 10(current)
Amber for Gotham - Support thread
Hi I´m using Amber on my pi with the latest raspbmc gotham version. After every new boot I need to wait minutes for the menu to show up. The pi boots and then I can only see the background image but no menu.
(2014-05-12, 09:24)keisuji Wrote: Hi I´m using Amber on my pi with the latest raspbmc gotham version. After every new boot I need to wait minutes for the menu to show up. The pi boots and then I can only see the background image but no menu.
I've noticed this too - but I see it on my Mac as well as the Pi. On the Pi it can sit on the initial background wall paper for up to a minute before the home screen loads, on the Mac its a lot quicker but there is still a delay of about 10 seconds that is not there with Confluence.

It seems like it's waiting for some other background task to finish (skin widgets script maybe ?) and you can bypass the delay by pressing ESC / Exit - then the home screen appears immediately. That's what I usually do. Because pressing Exit when I'm impatient works I haven't bothered to do any further debugging to try to figure out what the cause is...
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
There's an option in the settings I believe that allows you to make Amber wait until the Home shelf is loaded. I'm guessing at the moment you have it set so that it boots up ASAP and then waits for the shelf. That's my guess anyway but I've only been using the skin a few days! Big Grin
(2014-05-12, 12:06)VanZan Wrote: There's an option in the settings I believe that allows you to make Amber wait until the Home shelf is loaded. I'm guessing at the moment you have it set so that it boots up ASAP and then waits for the shelf. That's my guess anyway but I've only been using the skin a few days! Big Grin
I assume you're referring to Settings->Advanced->Fast Start ?

I'll try enabling that on my Pi and see what happens. I'm a little dubious though because we are talking about a minute delay or more on a Raspberry Pi, and if I press Exit just a few seconds after the background first appears the home menu displays and is fully populated, but I'll try it anyway and see.
Yup, fast start option will skip waiting for widgets script.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Will you add (extra) fanart backgrounds to main menu and all other viewtypes? And also infinite home menu scroll?

Thanks!
Running Amber on Frodo and am having some difficulties figuring out how to deal with Smart Playlists and adding them to the Main menu or as sub-menu's.

I currently have the following folder configuration:

1. Movies
2. TV Series
3. Kids Movies
4. Kids TV
5. Classic Movies
6. Classic TV Series
7. Miscellaneous Videos

So, I've created a Smart Playlist for each of these and have added them as Favorites.

When I go to the Settings page, I see under Home Menu Settings, the ability to add my different menu items.

I have Kids Movies and Kids TV, however now when I visit TV Series, I see a mixture of all TV Series, and not just of the entries under 2.

For Movies, there's a way to say that you only want to see a Playlist (Skin Settings -> Movies Homescreen Button Opens: Custom Playlist), but for TV Shows there doesnt seem to be such an option.

Is there a way to do this, other than removing the TV Series button from the home menu and readding one that only shows me Playlist 2? The reason why I'd prefer not to use latter is because I would lose the Home Shelf options for TV & Movies.

Thanks for your feedback!
(2014-05-12, 12:42)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 12:06)VanZan Wrote: There's an option in the settings I believe that allows you to make Amber wait until the Home shelf is loaded. I'm guessing at the moment you have it set so that it boots up ASAP and then waits for the shelf. That's my guess anyway but I've only been using the skin a few days! Big Grin
I assume you're referring to Settings->Advanced->Fast Start ?

I'll try enabling that on my Pi and see what happens. I'm a little dubious though because we are talking about a minute delay or more on a Raspberry Pi, and if I press Exit just a few seconds after the background first appears the home menu displays and is fully populated, but I'll try it anyway and see.

(2014-05-12, 15:56)pecinko Wrote: Yup, fast start option will skip waiting for widgets script.
Well that does seem to have done the trick - on booting the Raspberry Pi the delay with the orange background before the home menu appears has gone from over a minute to zero. Smile

As I don't use any home shelf items anyway (all turned off) I don't see any visible loss by enabling fast start. Strange that it is waiting for the skin widgets script when I do not have any shelf items enabled ?

When I tested this option with some shelf items enabled they do not appear at all on first boot (even if I leave it a few minutes) but do appear after going to another menu and back again - I guess that's to be expected with Fast start enabled ?
I've said it a few times already - shelf items should be provided by xbmc and not a script - but devs tend to disagree.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

1.6.1 is on Git

Many improvements to PVR thanks to R-OG /not tested by me, feedback welcomed/
Added customization for TV entry on home
Fix for Android addons / hopefully, don't have Android box /
Other small fixes

https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hey pecinko, still a great job you've been doing with amber!
Just wondering if you could include the DTS-HD HRA media flag as well as the already enabled DTS-HD MA flag?
The HRA flag appears on confluence and although its a lesser used codec (i think for old content upscaled rather than new audio) with amber i get blanks.
Nothing major but it would be nice if you could add that when you get time seeing as most other mediaflags are enabled.
I'm new to trying Amber as a skin but really like it. Is their support for playing trailers (as per confluence and other skins)?
hi pecinko,

can You provide additional view at home screen (plexbmc mode) with recently watched movies - under recently added?

still have problems with covers at home screen Sad

regards
(2014-05-14, 18:27)yunti Wrote: I'm new to trying Amber as a skin but really like it. Is their support for playing trailers (as per confluence and other skins)?

They work for me.

(2014-05-14, 20:43)majkelospl Wrote: hi pecinko,

can You provide additional view at home screen (plexbmc mode) with recently watched movies - under recently added?

still have problems with covers at home screen Sad

regards

No, sorry. However quick link is in submenu (left or down of main menu in vertical/horizontal home layout).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

thanks for reply,

one good info, my problems with covers are gone. unchecked "use hires thumbs" in plexbmc settings.

But I found new little problem, if I play movie directly from home page and click "i" to view info about movie there is no cover on the right.
there is no problem when playing from normal "Movie menu".

regards
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Gotham - Support thread2