• 72(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
1. No artwork/thumbnails in the home menu (at the top), just placeholder icons
2. When scrolling through tv shows in banner list view (quickly), there's a quick glitch with the artwork's to the left (text/artwork races to where they're suppose to be)
3. No artwork to the left of the description when playing a video (info), it's just blank
4. When playing a video, and the info button is pressed, a quick glitch with the codec icons (bottom right hand corner)

The quick glitch's is basically the artwork/thumbnails/icons racing to where they need to be, instead of just being there (if that makes any since lol, it's sort of hard to explain it)

Like i always say, XTV IS THE FASTEST SKIN ON THE RASPBERRY PI. Everything menu is instant (i think it's because it has no effects ex fade, slide like other skins). There's just a few glitch's/bugs. These get fixed, the skin is perfect.
Tinnyskillz, first of all thank you for taking the time to report bugs, as I can't fix what I don't know about. In future could you please also include what platform and os you are running and also what version of the skin you are running. Sometime problems can be platform specific and it just makes it easier to track the problem down. For the moment I will assume skin version 1.4.5 on a Pi.
(2014-05-05, 21:08)tinnyskillz Wrote: 1. No artwork/thumbnails in the home menu (at the top), just placeholder icons
You have set the type of icon you want in the skin settings menu I take it? Also problem could be caused by the time required to pull the information from XBMC's database. If XBMC has not pulled in the information yet, the skin will show the placeholder icon instead. In which case if you navigate to another screen and then comeback to the home screen you should now see the correct icons (that is if you have selected the icon type other than icon in the skin setting menu). I am hoping to come up with a quicker way to get the information from XBMC, so situation might improve in the future.
Quote:2. When scrolling through tv shows in banner list view (quickly), there's a quick glitch with the artwork's to the left (text/artwork races to where they're suppose to be)
Will take a look at this and see what I can spot. Might have to dig my Pi out again and see if I can see the problem, as maybe my dev system is too quick for me to see the problem
Quote:3. No artwork to the left of the description when playing a video (info), it's just blank
Need some more details on when this happens. I take it that this occurs when a particular addon is supplying the video? What is the addon (as long as its not a banned addon, in which case just say its a banned addon). I know this can occur when a addon does not supply a thumbnail image and I am trying to find a way to show the addons icon in this case, but I am not sure if this is possible.
Quote:4. When playing a video, and the info button is pressed, a quick glitch with the codec icons (bottom right hand corner)
See point two above. Again will take a look and see if I can find anything.

Quote:The quick glitch's is basically the artwork/thumbnails/icons racing to where they need to be, instead of just being there (if that makes any since lol, it's sort of hard to explain it)

Like i always say, XTV IS THE FASTEST SKIN ON THE RASPBERRY PI. Everything menu is instant (i think it's because it has no effects ex fade, slide like other skins). There's just a few glitch's/bugs. These get fixed, the skin is perfect.
While I don't think there is much more I can do to increase the speed of the skin, I am always on the lookout for any speedup I can grab. Having said that, I think there could be a few more animations here and there to give the skin a little more polish. I am planning to try to bring a few animations from the AppleTV that I rather like to the skin, but if they get in the way of the user experience rest assured they won't make the cut. The skin should provide access to your media without getting in the way of the user. Thus the reason my skin tends to look a little sparse compared to other skins (this is a reflection of my skill level compared to others, not that I think other skins are too flashy, most are not).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2014-05-05, 21:08)tinnyskillz Wrote: 1. No artwork/thumbnails in the home menu (at the top), just placeholder icons
2. When scrolling through tv shows in banner list view (quickly), there's a quick glitch with the artwork's to the left (text/artwork races to where they're suppose to be)
3. No artwork to the left of the description when playing a video (info), it's just blank
4. When playing a video, and the info button is pressed, a quick glitch with the codec icons (bottom right hand corner)

The quick glitch's is basically the artwork/thumbnails/icons racing to where they need to be, instead of just being there (if that makes any since lol, it's sort of hard to explain it)

tinnyskillz,

Still working on issue 1 and 3, but have just pushed a large update to my googlecode page that fixes 2 and hopefully hides the effects of 4 to a degree. You will need to pull the development release from the Passion repo tomorrow morning. This is not a formal release (still a large number of things to do before that happens) but a look at work in progress for new version 1.4.6 (or whatever I end up calling it).

Still need to hear back from you on when exactly issue 3 happens before I can really try to do much about the problem.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

SweetSmile. For number three, when i watch a video from my movies/tv shows list, and i press info on my remote (while it's playing), the osd menu (i think it's called) with the description of what's playing shows up on the bottom(as it should). but to the bottom left hand corner looks like artwork for what's playing is suppose to be there but it's nothing there, it's blank. if you still don't understand i'll look up how to take a screenshot of the problem on the raspberry pi (if that's possible), thanks.

[Edit] Just tried the latest development release and issue number three is working for me as well as 2 and 4Smile (nice job with fading the icons in for number 4)Smile. The artwork shows up for tv shows (wide thumbnail) and movies (portrait artwork).
(2014-05-09, 11:36)tinnyskillz Wrote: SweetSmile. For number three, when i watch a video from my movies/tv shows list, and i press info on my remote (while it's playing), the osd menu (i think it's called) with the description of what's playing shows up on the bottom(as it should). but to the bottom left hand corner looks like artwork for what's playing is suppose to be there but it's nothing there, it's blank. if you still don't understand i'll look up how to take a screenshot of the problem on the raspberry pi (if that's possible), thanks.

[Edit] Just tried the latest development release and issue number three is working for me as well as 2 and 4Smile (nice job with fading the icons in for number 4)Smile. The artwork shows up for tv shows (wide thumbnail) and movies (portrait artwork).
tinnyskillz,

you are also aware that you can download logo's and cleararts in the VideoInfo screen if you have the Artwork Downloader script installed (will show up automagically in the More Options... dialog from above screen). In which case you get an image in this order of precedence. Clearart, Logo, Poster ,Banner and finally falling back to the thumbnail if nothing else is present. So on my test setup mostly I see Cleararts with the odd Logo and Poster image. If you don't have any of those images, you will see the gap on the display you mentioned. Also you can bulk load media images from within the skins settings menu (skin settings -> general -> download media artwork) which will go thru your library and download any images that the skin makes use of for each item in your library.

So at this stage I'm trying to come up with a quicker way to show the shelf images and then I'm finished with your problems, is that correct?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2014-05-09, 16:06)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 11:36)tinnyskillz Wrote: SweetSmile. For number three, when i watch a video from my movies/tv shows list, and i press info on my remote (while it's playing), the osd menu (i think it's called) with the description of what's playing shows up on the bottom(as it should). but to the bottom left hand corner looks like artwork for what's playing is suppose to be there but it's nothing there, it's blank. if you still don't understand i'll look up how to take a screenshot of the problem on the raspberry pi (if that's possible), thanks.

tinnyskillz,

you are also aware that you can download logo's and cleararts in the VideoInfo screen if you have the Artwork Downloader script installed (will show up automagically in the More Options... dialog from above screen). In which case you get an image in this order of precedence. Clearart, Logo, Poster ,Banner and finally falling back to the thumbnail if nothing else is present. So on my test setup mostly I see Cleararts with the odd Logo and Poster image. If you don't have any of those images, you will see the gap on the display you mentioned. Also you can bulk load media images from within the skins settings menu (skin settings -> general -> download media artwork) which will go thru your library and download any images that the skin makes use of for each item in your library.

So at this stage I'm trying to come up with a quicker way to show the shelf images and then I'm finished with your problems, is that correct?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
yesBig Grin
XBMC GOTHAM; 1.4.5 XTV-SAF

For some time now, since version 1.3.3, I have been unable to view recently added items on the shelf. I can rollback to version 1.3.3 and everything displays fine. I am not sure what I am missing but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Metrazal
(2014-05-11, 16:11)Metrazal Wrote: OS: WINDOWS 7
XBMC GOTHAM; 1.4.5 XTV-SAF

For some time now, since version 1.3.3, I have been unable to view recently added items on the shelf. I can rollback to version 1.3.3 and everything displays fine. I am not sure what I am missing but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Metrazal
MetrazaL,

From version 1.3.4 there has been the option to select what type of icon(s) show on the shelf. Go into the skins settings menu and select the "Custom Favourites" menu. There are four menus shown on this menu screen. First sub menu item of each of the first three menus in this screen says "Icon", click on either the up or down arrows will cycle thru the options (Icon, Recent, Recommended and All). I'm sure you can figure it out from there.

Be aware that due to the time it takes to pull the info from the XBMC databases the Icon may still show as just an icon until you leave the home menu and then return (I'm working on trying to reduce this time so that this does not happen, but you might still see this behavior with 1.4.5)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thanks, works fine now..
Ok so no one gets to complain that I removed something without letting everyone know before hand, here is an advanced warning.

As the creator of pseudoTV script has not been seen for a while and because the script does not seem to be Gotham compatible I am planning to remove the skin files for this script from my skin.

Speak now, or it's gone baby gone.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

BTW, it's not all bad news. Have just added a button for VideoExtras script to the video info screen. I will probably also add the couple of skin files for this script to the skin so that it blends in better with the skin. Stay tuned.

Hello wyrm,

Just a heads up regarding new DialogVideoInfo control statements for TvTunes and VideoExtras. They both now support music videos, besides usual movies and TV shows:

TvTunes: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...eoInfo.xml
VideoExtras: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ifications

Have a good one!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi..I'm new to this excellent skin. RPi OpenELEC 4.01 (XBMC 13.1) xTV-SAF 1.4.5.

I wonder is there any practical way to increase the size of the window on the home screen displaying the currently playing video (see here bottom left: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5567/1399...be3c_b.jpg)? The bigger the better for me really. Obviously the label and time display would have to be moved to accommodate.
(2014-05-14, 17:10)capfuturo Wrote: Hello wyrm,

Just a heads up regarding new DialogVideoInfo control statements for TvTunes and VideoExtras. They both now support music videos, besides usual movies and TV shows:

TvTunes: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...eoInfo.xml
VideoExtras: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ifications

Have a good one!
capfuturo,

Thanks for the heads up. VideoExtras was OK, but have just updated TVTunes so now all good. Couple of quick questions if I may.

I don't see the script argument "loop=False" on the TVTunes wiki anymore, does this mean it is no longer supported?

I'm pretty sure that this is not correct IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("HideVideoExtrasButton")) , the quotes are not meant to be around the HideVideoExtrasButton part of that boolean statement. Also what exactly is meant to be in this property as it seems it is always shown as true?

As a side note not sure why Passion repo has not updated for the last couple of days, but there are quite a number of changes on my googlecode page that have not made their way to the Passion repo. For people looking for the VideoExtras change discussed in the last couple of post, that's the reason why you probably have not seen them.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2014-05-14, 19:43)Endemoniada Wrote: Hi..I'm new to this excellent skin. RPi OpenELEC 4.01 (XBMC 13.1) xTV-SAF 1.4.5.

I wonder is there any practical way to increase the size of the window on the home screen displaying the currently playing video (see here bottom left: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5567/1399...be3c_b.jpg)? The bigger the better for me really. Obviously the label and time display would have to be moved to accommodate.
Endemoniada,

Couple of things for you to realise here, first the white space you see around the playing video is not necessarily white space (I have to allow for 4:3 ratio video to play where your 16:9 ratio video is playing, so below your video is spoken for space wise). Also there is an area below where I have allowed for the video that is taken up with a hidden (in your case) RSS scrolling text. Also to the right is the text that can't really be moved. The only way to increase the size of the video would be to reduce the size of the text fields which would result in either cutoff text or scrolling text if the titles got too long for the fields. Both of these options really shit me from a visual standpoint, so not going to happen.

Also you do realise that you can make the playing video your background? On the Pi you can only have one video window show on screen at the same time, so you can either leave the current setting for "Use media overlays" or turn that off and set "Use visuals as background" to on (in backgrounds menu). That way you can watch the playing video in fullscreen (except in the Horizontal or Icon home menus). Failing that you can always go back to full screen mode and just watch the movie (forget about the multitasking and do the XBMC housework after the movie has finished).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Hi Wyrm,

(2014-05-15, 03:56)wyrm Wrote: I don't see the script argument "loop=False" on the TVTunes wiki anymore, does this mean it is no longer supported?

This has now been moved to the user configurable TvTunes settings. Which means the user can toggle if the track should be looped or not - this means that it is no longer needed in the window xml files.

(2014-05-15, 03:56)wyrm Wrote: I'm pretty sure that this is not correct IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("HideVideoExtrasButton")) , the quotes are not meant to be around the HideVideoExtrasButton part of that boolean statement. Also what exactly is meant to be in this property as it seems it is always shown as true?

I don't know a great deal about the skin interface to properties, but it does seem to work OK with the quotes. The value is used to work out if the "Extras" button on the VideoInfo dialog should be shown (in confluence anyway) - if there was a major issue with it I would imagine you would always see the VideoExtras button regardless of Extras existing or not (Which I do not believe is the case).

I hope this helps

Thnaks

Rob
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3