• 43(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
(2014-05-12, 07:06)MilhouseVH Wrote: I'm afraid I don't have a debug log but saw this today (tip of master XBMC on OpenELEC) - a new TV show episode had just been scraped a few seconds prior to the exception:
Code:
self.WINDOW.setProperty("%s.%d.Studio"          % (request, count), item['studio']

Edit: Restarted XBMC, enabled debug logging, scanned in another new TV show episode (using JSON) and saw the same exception - full debug log: http://sprunge.us/NTMD

Can confirm, I've got the same error with latest helix nightlies. Going back to xbmc 2:14.0~git20140511.0206-e1ee20c fixes it.

Looks like something in between commit e1ee20c9922 and de15dd68e9 breaks it, could be this? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4677
Can someone point me to the right direction?

I would love to have a context menu on the widgets items, i order to :
1. go to the widget item (movie or serie episode)
2. launch it (external player)
3. display the context menu
4. toggle as watched

As long as this is not possible, widgets are nearly useless to me, because i'll have to go in the playlist anyway on the movie/episode watched to toggle it as watched.

Also, the keyboard shortcut C (watched toggle) doesn't work on a widget item...

Could someone help me know if this enhancement request is on the skin.widget addon or on XBMC core?
not possible
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for your answer, but "not possible" meaning it's not up to the addon because it's a core restriction?
Because by experience, i know everything is possible if one really wants something Big Grin
core restriction so if some one would code it.
maybe the latest changes made it possible but that would also need changes in the addon.
Hi Martijn,

what about my question: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1700133

Is it possible to implement manual or automatic update for recommended items?
Thanks Marijn, i hope someone would code this one day... (actions on widgets, like watch toggle)
I don't know where to put this kind of request so that it doesn't get lost... maybe you could point me to the right direction, or even better, fill the request yourself, as i understand you're part of the XBMC devteam, so that would have a better chance to be acheived? Smile

About CrowleyAJ request, +1, i already mentionnend the auto update of the widget itemps doesn't work, although it activated in the options.
I have to launch a library manual scan to make a watched episode disappear from the widgets.
Confirmed, error script in helix is caused by commit

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4677

Revert, work fine again.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
quick fix, replace line 207 and 208 in your default.py with the code below.
as we get an empty array, we have to validate it, before accessing index 0.

Code:
self.WINDOW.setProperty("%s.%d.Studio"          % (request, count), (item['studio'][0] if len(item['studio']) > 0 else ""))
self.WINDOW.setProperty("%s.%d.Country"         % (request, count), (item['country'][0] if len(item['country']) > 0 else ""))

edit: there are more places where array's are accessed without a null/empty check.
(2014-05-16, 17:36)xhaggi Wrote: edit: there are more places where array's are accessed without a null/empty check.

Shocking! Angel
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-16, 21:57)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 17:36)xhaggi Wrote: edit: there are more places where array's are accessed without a null/empty check.

Shocking! Angel
so what.

it worked for two years until some one decided to change core code.
It was a joke, Martijn.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
For some reason, the skin.widget is failing. It was working up to this morning. I'm using version 0.0.28. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still fails.

Sigh, I tried updating to Gotham to see if that would fix it. It did not.
(2014-05-16, 22:01)MilhouseVH Wrote: It was a joke, Martijn.

Not funny
(2014-05-17, 18:41)Tripp Wrote: For some reason, the skin.widget is failing. It was working up to this morning. I'm using version 0.0.28. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still fails.

Sigh, I tried updating to Gotham to see if that would fix it. It did not.

wait couple of hours and you'll get a new version
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8