• 200(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-06-01, 17:04)Apothis Wrote: If you get it whilst understanding XBMC's limitations on Android, then its excellent.

each of em has their own limitations, what are fire tv limits ?
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

Hello,

I just edited the keymap and I have one problem...I cant get the rewind or forward button on the global screen to launch the context menu can the R&F keys not be mapped globally?
(2014-06-01, 17:07)papampi Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 17:04)Apothis Wrote: If you get it whilst understanding XBMC's limitations on Android, then its excellent.

each of em has their own limitations, what are fire tv limits ?

There are Android limitations like no HD audio passthrough, and no refresh rate switching. Then there are specific to firetv limitations, like no VC1 decoding in hardware.
Thanks for info Wink
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

Received my AFTV a few days ago.. My main point of the box is to run add ons.. I already had prime, so it was just a kicker.
Picked up a Logitech k400, and so far so good.
I'm an xbmc rookie, but for what I need it for, so far so good.. Crashes every now and then, but that seems to be when I'm digging into settings and changing skins.

So in short... Yes, I'm happy with my purchase, fits my needs! Thanks to this forum for helping me through the process!
I'm going for the trial offer on the AFTV as well. The only thing I'm concern about is the lack of volume control buttons on many of these set top boxes. I use PC speakers that don't have a remote. So I set the volume high and use volume control on my HTPC desktop. Chromecast works great as well using the phone or tablets hardware volume buttons.
volume control is not available currently on the Fire TV. So I don't think it'll work well for you Maxii.
you can use the audio amplification if your arent going to use dts or dd passthrough, just set your TV volumes accordingly and give yourself a buffer with the amplification settings, and mute does work also.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2014-06-01, 04:34)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-05-31, 20:55)leedemon Wrote: Does anyone know of any apps or add-ons that can change the time, stuck with US timings Smile

(2014-05-31, 21:39)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: Timezone changer at Play Store
The FTV does not have access to the Play Store, and the system is hard-coded to only allow North America time zones (since that's the only place the FTV is currently offered). These things have been covered many times in the forum.

You can google for a website called apk downloader, this was featured on lifehacker. With help of this website you can retrieve the apk-file from the playstore and then you can sideload the apk-file to your fire tv (just the same way you sideloaded xbmc). The time zone changer works like a charm on the fire tv.
(2014-06-01, 19:01)Maxii Wrote: I'm going for the trial offer on the AFTV as well. The only thing I'm concern about is the lack of volume control buttons on many of these set top boxes. I use PC speakers that don't have a remote. So I set the volume high and use volume control on my HTPC desktop. Chromecast works great as well using the phone or tablets hardware volume buttons.

Keymap 1 utilizes changing volume amplification (changing the actual volume isn't currently working), but that's work best with your speakers turned down rather than up.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt..._TV_remote

(2014-06-01, 17:08)derrickrozay Wrote: Hello,

I just edited the keymap and I have one problem...I cant get the rewind or forward button on the global screen to launch the context menu can the R&F keys not be mapped globally?

Keymap 3 shows mapping the FF and RW buttons.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt..._TV_remote

(2014-06-01, 22:38)tbu2000 Wrote: You can google for a website called apk downloader, this was featured on lifehacker. With help of this website you can retrieve the apk-file from the playstore and then you can sideload the apk-file to your fire tv (just the same way you sideloaded xbmc). The time zone changer works like a charm on the fire tv.
Downloading and sideloading APKs isn't the issue. Rather, all the findings posted on this thread from non-US customers say that time zones can't be changed to non-US times, even with third-party apps. Have you tested TimeZone Changer yourself on the FTV, using non-US time zones?
Anyone have a tutorial on llama startup? I've tried many times ans it's not working for me.
(2014-06-01, 22:57)jnickell100 Wrote: Anyone have a tutorial on llama startup? I've tried many times ans it's not working for me.

Setting up Llama has been discussed several times (just google) and has been described fairly well in the Wiki. You need to be more specific if you need more help.
(2014-06-01, 22:38)tbu2000 Wrote: You can google for a website called apk downloader, this was featured on lifehacker. With help of this website you can retrieve the apk-file from the playstore and then you can sideload the apk-file to your fire tv (just the same way you sideloaded xbmc). The time zone changer works like a charm on the fire tv.

Downloading and sideloading APKs isn't the issue. Rather, all the findings posted on this thread from non-US customers say that time zones can't be changed to non-US times, even with third-party apps. Have you tested TimeZone Changer yourself on the FTV, using non-US time zones?

Yes, I'm already using it here in europe. It works like a charm, so now I've got the correct time within my xbmc on my FTV!
(2014-06-01, 23:00)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 22:57)jnickell100 Wrote: Anyone have a tutorial on llama startup? I've tried many times ans it's not working for me.

Setting up Llama has been discussed several times (just google) and has been described fairly well in the Wiki. You need to be more specific if you need more help.

Right. And I've been keeping up with every post on this thread. I have downloaded the complete bypass llama file, unzipped , quit llama. Now where exactly do I open a command window from to push the zip? The wiki is very vague.
Confirmed that the timezone changer mentioned here works correctly, XBMC now happily showing correct UK time for me. Thanks to the poster.
  • 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10