• 202(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-06-02, 07:50)gixxer Wrote: HuhHuhHuh

Off topic!!! Gixxer did you play ctf quake with the -MOR- clan??
(2014-06-01, 23:33)Apothis Wrote: Confirmed that the timezone changer mentioned here works correctly, XBMC now happily showing correct UK time for me. Thanks to the poster.

This great news. How do I get the APK though?

In related news, I emailed the developers of the Airplay/DLNA receiver (aka AirPin) in the Google Play store and they provided me with a download of the APK for testing. I can confirm, that (after switching off Airplay in XBMC) it works very well. Mirroring, music, video, it all works as you would want. It pauses XBMC and lands you right back into XBMC after airplay is done. The only issue I saw is an incompatibility with some youtube videos, leading to an error code 1-b0adaf08, which might be an issue with video formats.

The only real drawback I can think of is that I wouldn't be able to easily update it. For now, I'll be on the lookout for an android user willing to buy the app for me so I can register it correctly. (Just like I'd like to get the timezone changer app or buy it if it is a paid app)
Forgive me if this has been answered, but what skin is this being shown on the wiki?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fil...idApps.png
You can get the apk's of free apps through http://apkleecher.com
(2014-06-02, 15:54)essential Wrote: Forgive me if this has been answered, but what skin is this being shown on the wiki?

I believe it is Amber: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172629
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-06-02, 17:06)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 15:54)essential Wrote: Forgive me if this has been answered, but what skin is this being shown on the wiki?

I believe it is Amber: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172629

yeah that looks like Amber. Its a great skin; runs great on the fireTV. Its what i'm using currently
(2014-05-29, 08:58)wunderdrug Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 01:25)navigates Wrote: What share is recommended for xbmc over the internet? Samba share with password? Is that fine. This is what I'll have to open up on my router.

port nom du service protocole
137 NetBIOS Name Service (nbname) UDP
138 NetBIOS Datagram Service (nbdatagram) UDP
139 NetBIOS Session Service (nbsession) TCP
445 "Direct-Hosted" TCP TCP et UDP

I'm not a security expert, but I wouldn't think Samba over the Internet
is very secure -- especially if it's not SMB 2. Do a quick web search
and the general consensus is that opening up Samba over the
Internet is a bad idea.

I would install an SSH server and use SFTP. This is probably as secure
as you can get, and can do almost anything over SSH (remote access,
port tunneling, file transfers, etc.)

Thanks for the reply and sorry for writing back late.
With a sftp server do the trick with rewind forward etc? I'm thinking of
www.coreftp.com/server/

Are there any other free recommended?
Hey Guys,

Started looking at AFTV after having a bit of issues with my RPi and OpeneElec. Are you guys happy with the latest releases such as 13.1 RC1 on Fire TV ? Is CEC working for everyone ? I have Harmony Ultimate that will not be able to control this, but my AVR Yamaha does CEC which I currently use for my RPi setup, which works pretty well... I was thinking to replace my RPI and Roku with AFTV.

Any comments are really appreciate. I
Running since XBMP
(2014-06-02, 19:08)yozh Wrote: Hey Guys,

Started looking at AFTV after having a bit of issues with my RPi and OpeneElec. Are you guys happy with the latest releases such as 13.1 RC1 on Fire TV ? Is CEC working for everyone ? I have Harmony Ultimate that will not be able to control this, but my AVR Yamaha does CEC which I currently use for my RPi setup, which works pretty well... I was thinking to replace my RPI and Roku with AFTV.

I believe CEC works well. Others are having issues with the firetv with 1080 but in my case i haven't seen any issues playing any of the 1080p content. I am using the beta version of gotham. don't have sound sync issues. I have built about 8 of these for friends and they all are happy.
my config is
xbmc gotham beta 2 i believe.
llama with profiles defined.
Basic keymap from wiki.
EZ file explorer to replace config files on addon apps.
addon easynews. I replace the route file in it so the live streaming works fine.
(2014-06-02, 20:02)navigates Wrote:

I believe CEC works well. Others are having issues with the firetv with 1080 but in my case i haven't seen any issues playing any of the 1080p content. I am using the beta version of gotham. don't have sound sync issues. I have built about 8 of these for friends and they all are happy.
my config is
Basic keymap from wiki.
addon easynews. I replace the route file in it so the live streaming works fine.

Interesting. So does it feel like much more of a hack ? In my days, I ran XBMC on the original XBox, ATV1, ATV2, RPi. So far RPi has been pretty good except for dealing with add-ons and now on 13.1 RC1 and OpenElec the whole card and CEC problem I`m having....

The question is, is it worth upgrading ?
Running since XBMP
hi,
i have firetv working with my samsung Tv (Model UN55H6350) the CEC is working fine.
But all the keys are not mapped.

is there a way i could map the keys, on my Tv remote to the fire Tv?

Thax
Kamla
(2014-06-02, 21:41)kamla Wrote: hi,
i have firetv working with my samsung Tv (Model UN55H6350) the CEC is working fine.
But all the keys are not mapped.

is there a way i could map the keys, on my Tv remote to the fire Tv?

Thax
Kamla

Try using the Keymap Editor add-on would be my best guess. I'm not exactly sure how else you could map CEC commands.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...map_Editor
(2014-06-01, 23:33)Apothis Wrote: Confirmed that the timezone changer mentioned here works correctly, XBMC now happily showing correct UK time for me. Thanks to the poster.

Added to Random Notes in the wiki.
(2014-06-02, 21:37)yozh Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 20:02)navigates Wrote:

my config is
Basic keymap from wiki.

Interesting. So does it feel like much more of a hack ? In my days, I ran XBMC on the original XBox, ATV1, ATV2, RPi. So far RPi has been pretty good except for dealing with add-ons and now on 13.1 RC1 and OpenElec the whole card and CEC problem I`m having....

The question is, is it worth upgrading ?

It is an android native box. Xbmc once started will work just fine. You can use an app as a sacrificial app in my case classic tv is my xbmc. I could post my lama files if anyone is interested. Takes me about 10 seconds to load up the profiles.
(2014-06-01, 16:35)papampi Wrote: Are you Fire TV owners happy with your purchase for XBMC on fire ?

I'm selling my last ATV2 and my Roku 3 and buying more AFTVs to replace them.
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10