• 209(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Hi

Where can i buy a amazon fire tv in europe ?

thanks
adbFire is a companion program for Android XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) and push files to XBMC subdirectories without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Everything you need is built into adbFire.

Download here

I tested this d/l on a non-dev win7 machine, it installed and ran fine. Thanks for helping me test this.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-06-06, 18:54)Colin15150 Wrote: This box is great in some regards, - mega fast in the XBMC menus, but it has no 24Hz video output, and no AAC to PCM on the fly transcoding. The Raspberry pi can do the last two, which are pretty much essential for someone with AV amp and a big display.
Menus are very slow on the Pi though in comparison. Wish the Fire TV did 24Hz and ACC transcoding.

It will certainly transcode AAC to AC3 if you want. It cant transcode a 5.1 AAC to 5.1 LPCM due to the usual android limitation of only 2 channels of LPCM. But I just tested on a 5.1 AAC (had to hunt to find one) and it happily transcoded it to 5.1 AC3
Saw a post somewhere in this thread about this... But can't find an answer for it though, so hear it goes again..
Every 4th file I open on xbmc causes the app to stop.. Every 4th file, you can count on the app closing..
Solution?
(2014-06-06, 23:11)KBoogie Wrote: Saw a post somewhere in this thread about this... But can't find an answer for it though, so hear it goes again..
Every 4th file I open on xbmc causes the app to stop.. Every 4th file, you can count on the app closing..
Solution?

Post a debug log. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...bug_report
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-06-06, 21:25)Apothis Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 18:54)Colin15150 Wrote: This box is great in some regards, - mega fast in the XBMC menus, but it has no 24Hz video output, and no AAC to PCM on the fly transcoding. The Raspberry pi can do the last two, which are pretty much essential for someone with AV amp and a big display.
Menus are very slow on the Pi though in comparison. Wish the Fire TV did 24Hz and ACC transcoding.

It will certainly transcode AAC to AC3 if you want. It cant transcode a 5.1 AAC to 5.1 LPCM due to the usual android limitation of only 2 channels of LPCM. But I just tested on a 5.1 AAC (had to hunt to find one) and it happily transcoded it to 5.1 AC3

That's interestng. I could not get the Fire Tv to transcode from 5.1 AAC to 5.1 AC3. What am I doing wrong?
I have enabled HDMI passthrough and have ac3 capable receiver ticked.

Sill there a no 24Hz which is not ideal (I can tell the difference when watching a movie)
but if I could get AAC to AC3 transcoding to work that's a good step in the right direction.

The fire tv is a lot more convenient running xbmc than the raspberry pi as the menus are so slow on the later in comparison.
How do i get my files (XMLs etc ) onto a DIR on my Amazon fire tv.. I tired to sftp to the ip address but it didn't work. Am i missing something.
(2014-06-01, 19:01)Maxii Wrote: I'm going for the trial offer on the AFTV as well. The only thing I'm concern about is the lack of volume control buttons on many of these set top boxes. I use PC speakers that don't have a remote. So I set the volume high and use volume control on my HTPC desktop. Chromecast works great as well using the phone or tablets hardware volume buttons.

(2014-06-07, 00:31)Colin15150 Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 21:25)Apothis Wrote:

That's interestng. I could not get the Fire Tv to transcode from 5.1 AAC to 5.1 AC3. What am I doing wrong?
I have enabled HDMI passthrough and have ac3 capable receiver ticked.

Sill there a no 24Hz which is not ideal (I can tell the difference when watching a movie)
but if I could get AAC to AC3 transcoding to work that's a good step in the right direction.

The fire tv is a lot more convenient running xbmc than the raspberry pi as the menus are so slow on the later in comparison.

i also cannot get 5.1 aac to output 5.1 to my receiver from the fireTV, a PC does it no problem, but iirc theres a 3rd option for AAC on the PC version of xbmc that the android version does not have. its only a few movies in my collection but its bothered me since day 1
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2014-06-07, 02:08)Double007 Wrote: How do i get my files (XMLs etc ) onto a DIR on my Amazon fire tv.. I tired to sftp to the ip address but it didn't work. Am i missing something.

Same adb commands that have been explained many times in this thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-07, 02:08)Double007 Wrote: How do i get my files (XMLs etc ) onto a DIR on my Amazon fire tv.. I tired to sftp to the ip address but it didn't work. Am i missing something.
To use FTP you need to install a FTP server on the AFTV and run it.Then you can use an FTP client to access the AFTV.

Jay
Hey where can I find the debug logs? I dont see it in the userdata folder
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...d#Location
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-07, 04:43)nickr Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...d#Location

I actually googled and went to that link first its not in the userdata folder and I dont have a cache folder
The log does not go in the userdata directory.

Anyway android has some good tools for searching your directory structure - do any of them exist on firetv?
(2014-06-07, 07:30)derrickrozay Wrote:
(2014-06-07, 04:43)nickr Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...d#Location

I actually googled and went to that link first its not in the userdata folder and I dont have a cache folder

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

If you just looking to get the debug log, the easiest way is just to install XBMC log uploader. Go to Programs, Get More then just install it and configure it to sent the links to your e-mail address.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 209(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10