• 212(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-06-09, 01:46)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 00:59)exit Wrote: So is anyone here not having audio sync issues when streaming local content?

I don't have issues with audio.

me either
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Can I ask what version of XBMC you are running and your local content setup (NAS, computer, etc.)?
(2014-06-09, 02:54)exit Wrote: Can I ask what version of XBMC you are running and your local content setup (NAS, computer, etc.)?

gotham 13.1 here, i haven't had audio issues with any of the previous versions going back a few months now. my local content is being shared over my local network via SMB.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2014-06-09, 03:24)dukester Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 02:54)exit Wrote: Can I ask what version of XBMC you are running and your local content setup (NAS, computer, etc.)?

gotham 13.1 here, i haven't had audio issues with any of the previous versions going back a few months now. my local content is being shared over my local network via SMB.

I'm on the same setup as you - 13.1 and SMB shares, and it's a consistent audio lag issue of about 250ms on both of my Fire TV units. It's been an issue with previous versions of XBMC as well. Perplexing.
(2014-06-09, 00:59)exit Wrote: So is anyone here not having audio sync issues when streaming local content? I've been searching this forum and others to see if there's a solution other than adjusting the audio offset and setting a default that covers most of my local media. I have other videos where I have to make further adjustments.

I would love to find another solution for this. The Fire TV XBMC experience is far superior to the Apple TV in every way except for the sync issues. Is this really a common issue with Android installs, as I've read in other threads?

No issues here. Connected via HDMI directly to bedroom TV.
How are you connecting to your TV/receiver?
Switched over to ClassicTV as my piggyback app. It actually dies and the xbmc exit works now! Thanks.. Haven't had any problems with Netflix or prime videos since! Thanks! Looks like the wiki makes this suggestion now... How times have changed over these 200+ pages.

13.1, NAS,NFS, Optical out to stereo system.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Doh guys don't lough but I cannot find the classic tv in my ftv.
There's no substitute for experience
Hi!
is there an option to turn off HDMI Audio in Fire TV?
I have my amplifier connected to optical jack and now sound comes from both TV speakers and audio system.
I can't find to turn HDMI audio off on my TV (SONY KDL-46W5500) and I would like to avoid connecting optical jack directly to TV (as I don't want it to be turned on when I want to listen to the music only)
Turn the TV volume down!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-09, 04:05)exit Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 03:24)dukester Wrote:

I'm on the same setup as you - 13.1 and SMB shares, and it's a consistent audio lag issue of about 250ms on both of my Fire TV units. It's been an issue with previous versions of XBMC as well. Perplexing.

You're not alone. I have the same audio issues you are having. I'm pretty sure I've read others who have had the same awhile back. It seems off by 250ms.
(2014-06-09, 07:24)bluechris Wrote: Doh guys don't lough but I cannot find the classic tv in my ftv.

Go to the Amazon Fire TV app store (you can Google it) and search for Classic TV. It's free. Buy it, synch your Fire TV to the app store and you are good to go.
(2014-06-09, 04:10)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 00:59)exit Wrote: So is anyone here not having audio sync issues when streaming local content? I've been searching this forum and others to see if there's a solution other than adjusting the audio offset and setting a default that covers most of my local media. I have other videos where I have to make further adjustments.

I would love to find another solution for this. The Fire TV XBMC experience is far superior to the Apple TV in every way except for the sync issues. Is this really a common issue with Android installs, as I've read in other threads?

No issues here. Connected via HDMI directly to bedroom TV.
How are you connecting to your TV/receiver?

My setup is NAS (SMB and NFS) > Wifi > Fire TV (XBMC 13.1) > HDMI > Panasonic plasma > HDMI ARC > Panasonic HTB770 3.1 system. I have the audio lag issue whether I run the audio through the Panasonic soundbar system or through the TV speakers.
For those of you using Live TV and wanting Deinterlace, what are you doing?

libstagefright on takes away the deinterlace option. Mediacodec lets it be turned on, and works, however if mediacodec should be turned off, there's no way to have both acceleration and deinterlace I guess?
(2014-06-09, 17:02)BDPNA Wrote: For those of you using Live TV and wanting Deinterlace, what are you doing?

libstagefright on takes away the deinterlace option. Mediacodec lets it be turned on, and works, however if mediacodec should be turned off, there's no way to have both acceleration and deinterlace I guess?

So dont turn off mediacodec
  • 212(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10