• 47(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Does this app work on 13.1 gotham and ubuntu 14.04?
Would it be possible to make selection option between "international" and us when browsing content? If i'm understanding this correctly, currently you can select that in browser by just adding 1 or 2 at the url after www. www1.netflix.com shows us, and www2.netflix shows international content. There are of course more limitations to different countries but this seem to be working for me. I have setup my proxy that it can automatically select the right area and use vpn if necessary and set up my browser to use the proxy. If i enable proxy in xbmc, i can browse us content, and when i disable it, it shows my local content.
Will Netflix cloaeing its api effect this app?
(2014-06-03, 00:36)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Hi,
found some time/motivation to work on the addon again.

v1.2.7:
- Added custom library path
- Added seperate Movie/TV listing
- Changed internal setting storage
- Changed xbmc maximizing after playback (Win)
- Fixed/changed "Viewing Activity"
- Fixed search on some systems
- Fixed genre video listing
- Fixed next page entry

I don't have much time right now, but I'll try to answer some questions / help to fix some problems next days...

Have fun Smile
asde

The main feature I am looking for is being able to export the whole "My List" in one shot instead of one show at a time.

Thanks for this addon!
(2014-06-12, 01:05)xmjsilverx Wrote: Does this app work on 13.1 gotham and ubuntu 14.04?

Did we ever get an answer on this? What is the current best method for adding Netflix functionality to XBMC?
Hi, looks like this could be a great plugin for Mac OSX. Got this installed on XBMC Gotham on a Mac Mini, using Safari as the launcher (Chrome will not launch). However, whatever I choose, whether Movies or Films, Safari launches into the Netflix Profile Homepage and not to what I have chosen. Not really useful! Have you got a workaround for this? Otherwise I may as well just launch my Netflix choices from within Safari. Thanks for any help you can provide.
(2014-06-18, 04:50)sincityharley Wrote:
(2014-06-12, 01:05)xmjsilverx Wrote: Does this app work on 13.1 gotham and ubuntu 14.04?

Did we ever get an answer on this? What is the current best method for adding Netflix functionality to XBMC?

I can confirm that it works in Gotham. Just install AddonScriptorDE's testing-repo, install Chrome Launcher then NetfliXBMC, and you should be good to go.

That said, as great as this addon is, it's not my preferred option for Netflix in XBMC. Rather than go off topic in this thread, I'll bump this other thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197464
Using 1.2.8 on XBMC 13.1 from Australia, using a US netflix account and unotelly DNS redirection. No problems wathcing Netflix directly from Chrome, but I keep getting the "You are not logged in. Check your credentials." error whenever I get to any of the list screens. The initial login appears to work fine.

I've seen the references to setting the language to "en-US", and there was no entry for this, so I've added the following to my settngs.xml (~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/settings.xml)

Code:
<setting id="language" value="en-US" />

I also added it to the main settings (~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/resources/settings.xml) so that it appears in the on-screen config:

Code:
<setting id="language" type="text" label="30128" default="en-US"/>

I reset the plugin, but still have the same problem.

Is there anyway I can turn on any tracing to see the network traffic going back and forth from netflix, so I can see the difference between what the add-on is doing and what the external browser is doing? Or any other suggestions...

Cheers
IE works perfectly for me with this plugin, but I am having issues with Chrome. When I launch a video using Chrome, the browser opens and closes rapidly several times, then eventually plays the video, but not in fullscreen mode. Anybody else have issues with Chrome? Any advice on how to fix this issue? I am running Gotham 13.1 on Win 7 64bit.
That was a problem when the added was first developed, check that you have the newest version
I am running Netflixbmc 1.2.8, any other suggestions as to why chrome opens and closes rapidly?
Is there any chance of Firefox integration and or is there a way to use XBMC WebBrowser again? It might not make sense but I hate chrome more then I hate IE so I refuse to install it and I'd rather not use ie at all even though windows comes with it haha!
I just hacked plugin.program.chrome and called up Firefox instead of chrome under Linux as pipelight no longer works. Seems ok.
I am in Mexico and want to access US Netflix through Netflixbmc. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can do this? I'm aware of VPN's, Proxy Servers, and website unblocker extesions, but don't have any actual experience using them, or which would be best. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Does this support SuperHD(+) / 5.1 audio streams? (Win8.1 if it matters)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7