• 236(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-06-26, 02:15)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 01:47)jocala Wrote: adbFire offers one-button rooting for the Fire TV.
I am not able to download adbFire in Chrome as they claim it is maliciuos.

Turn off phishing and malware detection
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer...ocked&rd=1
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-06-26, 01:47)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 23:28)navigates Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 23:13)yocoldrain Wrote: you need stickmount for rooted fire tv to enable usb.

Can someone point me to the direction how to root firetv easily? thanks for stickmount

adbFire offers one-button rooting for the Fire TV.

Thanks a lot. I'll try that out tonight.
(2014-06-25, 13:00)nickr Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 11:55)kenelbow Wrote: Question for anyone else using live TV. does the EPG take a painfully long time to come up for you? If I try to access the EPG from the home screen, all menus disappear and I just see the background and the time in the top right corner of the screen before the EPG displays. If I try to bring it up while watching video, the video will freeze while audio continues to play for 5-10 seconds until the EPG is displayed. Anybody know of any settings I can try to resolve this?

Debug log

Debug log here.

Basically I started XBMC, waited for it to load EPG data and opened the EPG. It took a while to open, I selected a show and once it was playing I opened the EPG again. Basically any time I try to open the EPG at any point in XBMC it takes a fairly long time to load.
Changing the EPG duration to 24 hours from the default of 3 days makes things bearable for me. I also culled from the WMC channels I was not interested in. To be fair there is a lot of data you are loading here so it is going to take some time.

Tolax
(2014-06-26, 03:36)tolax Wrote: Changing the EPG duration to 24 hours from the default of 3 days makes things bearable for me. I also culled from the WMC channels I was not interested in. To be fair there is a lot of data you are loading here so it is going to take some time.

Tolax

How many channels do you have displayed in your EPG? I have 25. It may be placebo, but it seems that deleting channels I don't care about on my MythTV backend rather than just hiding them seems to speed things up a bit.
(2014-06-26, 02:34)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 02:15)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 01:47)jocala Wrote: adbFire offers one-button rooting for the Fire TV.
I am not able to download adbFire in Chrome as they claim it is maliciuos.

Turn off phishing and malware detection
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer...ocked&rd=1

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately this bogus error is hitting lots of folks:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/95129...le-warning

I've been using devhost for several years for distributing software. I use firefox, so this the first time I've come across this.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-06-26, 04:08)jocala Wrote: Thanks for the link. Unfortunately this bogus error is hitting lots of folks:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/95129...le-warning

I've been using devhost for several years for distributing software. I use firefox, so this the first time I've come across this.

Yep, the false positives for Chrome has been going on for a while and there's been a lot of complaints about it. But that's why I use Firefox normally, Wink

Like I said though, if you know that you're getting a false positive the only way around it is to turn off phishing and malware detection in settings....................or use a different browse.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-06-26, 03:29)kenelbow Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 13:00)nickr Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 11:55)kenelbow Wrote: Question for anyone else using live TV. does the EPG take a painfully long time to come up for you? If I try to access the EPG from the home screen, all menus disappear and I just see the background and the time in the top right corner of the screen before the EPG displays. If I try to bring it up while watching video, the video will freeze while audio continues to play for 5-10 seconds until the EPG is displayed. Anybody know of any settings I can try to resolve this?

Debug log

Debug log here.

Basically I started XBMC, waited for it to load EPG data and opened the EPG. It took a while to open, I selected a show and once it was playing I opened the EPG again. Basically any time I try to open the EPG at any point in XBMC it takes a fairly long time to load.

(2014-06-26, 04:05)kenelbow Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 03:36)tolax Wrote: Changing the EPG duration to 24 hours from the default of 3 days makes things bearable for me. I also culled from the WMC channels I was not interested in. To be fair there is a lot of data you are loading here so it is going to take some time.

Tolax

How many channels do you have displayed in your EPG? I have 25. It may be placebo, but it seems that deleting channels I don't care about on my MythTV backend rather than just hiding them seems to speed things up a bit.

With WMC you can create channel groups. Backend is HDHomerun Cablecard getting feed from Xfinity. So I have a kids channel group with just 7-8 channels in. This loads noticeably quicker then the generic HD 97+ channel list. I really need to prune those further.......

Tolax
If anyone's interested, my new Android Power Options screensaver can automatically put the FTV to sleep (as long as it's rooted).
Did the firmware update happen to improve MPEG-2 or VC-1 playback? Still old Netflix interface?
I did a quick mpeg2 ts file test yesterday, had a lower cpu usage than with h264.

I find the cpu usage pretty high on h264 for something that is said to be hw decoded. No playback issue though.
(2014-06-26, 15:52)cncb Wrote: Did the firmware update happen to improve MPEG-2 or VC-1 playback? Still old Netflix interface?

Netflix will be the old interface until Netflix updates it themselves. Probably not till the end of the year when they incorporate voice search into the netflix app. The app is controlled by netflix not amazon.
I rooted the FTV using Geohot's make it rain. i couldn't get adbfire to root it. but i could get adbfire to update the keymaps xml. Question on the firmware. I didn't see anything new in the new firmware. the apps are still in the same section. Is this a phased rollout of the firmware. What is the latest version. Is there a way I can know i've received the latest one?
The software version is 51.1.1.0_user_511069920.

Just go to Settings/System/About and it will show what version you have.
(2014-06-26, 19:54)navigates Wrote: I rooted the FTV using Geohot's make it rain. i couldn't get adbfire to root it. but i could get adbfire to update the keymaps xml. Question on the firmware. I didn't see anything new in the new firmware. the apps are still in the same section. Is this a phased rollout of the firmware. What is the latest version. Is there a way I can know i've received the latest one?
About the firmware; they seem to be phasing the rollout like you said. I checked yesterday (by going to Settings -> System -> About -> Check for updates) and I didn't see anything. It was there for me to download and install today however.
  • 236(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10