• 237(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-06-06, 19:30)jocala Wrote: adbFire is a companion program for Android XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) and push files to XBMC subdirectories without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Everything you need is built into adbFire.

Download here

I tested this d/l on a non-dev win7 machine, it installed and ran fine. Thanks for helping me test this.

Link is nothing but a virus site. Don't go there.
(2014-06-26, 20:55)Tinwarble Wrote: The software version is 51.1.1.0_user_511069920.

Just go to Settings/System/About and it will show what version you have.

Thanks.
(2014-06-27, 00:15)cdkao Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 19:30)jocala Wrote: adbFire is a companion program for Android XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) and push files to XBMC subdirectories without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Everything you need is built into adbFire.

Download here

I tested this d/l on a non-dev win7 machine, it installed and ran fine. Thanks for helping me test this.

You're probably using the Chrome web browser which is reporting false positives for devhost. It's not a virus site, I've used it for years. That said, I'm looking at a different host.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-06-27, 00:51)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-27, 00:15)cdkao Wrote:

Download here

You're probably using the Chrome web browser which is reporting false positives for devhost. It's not a virus site, I've used it for years. That said, I'm looking at a different host.

Every link I click on downloads a malware. Everytime I move my mouse, it downloads a malware.

However, I appreciate your work and hope I will be able to test it soon.

Thank you.
(2014-06-27, 01:20)cdkao Wrote:
(2014-06-27, 00:51)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-27, 00:15)cdkao Wrote: Link is nothing but a virus site. Don't go there.

Every link I click on downloads a malware. Everytime I move my mouse, it downloads a malware.

Thank you.

As I said, I've used devhost for years, as do large numbers of devs at xda-developers and I'm dismayed by these reports. I've moved adbFire to a new hosting service, sorry for the hassle. Be sure to refresh your browser cache if you visit http://www.jocala.com/adbfire.html
(2014-06-27, 00:51)jocala Wrote: You're probably using the Chrome web browser which is reporting false positives for devhost. It's not a virus site, I've used it for years. That said, I'm looking at a different host.

It's not the site, changing the site won't really matter because Chrome thinks the download is malicious. It's not blocking the site, it's just saying, once the download is finished, that "adbtest.zip" is malicious.

(2014-06-27, 01:20)cdkao Wrote: Every link I click on downloads a malware. Everytime I move my mouse, it downloads a malware.

Thank you.

That's because you are getting a "False Positive". If you're using Chrome it will do this when it doesn't know what the download is. Chrome doesn't recognize the file so it says "it must be malicious", even if it isn't and it does this with a lot of non-malicious programs. Chrome will even do this on download programs that are "beta" software from reputable company's.

Chrome will even block this as malicious: http://www.mediafire.com/view/6tees164f3...mb_jpg.bat

Which is just a simple bat file to batch convert image extensions. It only has this in it:

ren *.metathumb *.jpg

Which all it does is rename .metathumb images to .jpg and you can View it in mediafire without downloading it.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
xbmc gotham 13.1 release - I have been trying to eliminate choppy playback with xvid encoded files. (jitter stutter whatever is the appropriate term ) The file I am looking at is not using packed bitstream and does not matter whether it is in avi or mkv container. A good measure of this symptom is the opening studio logos or scenes which have panning or gliding objects. Divx encoded files do not seem to have this problem.

If you have hardware acceleration applied, go into settings, video settings, acceleration, disable libstagefright, disable mediacodec, and try and see if that works, otherwise choose software acceleration without choosing multi-threaded decoding.

the key to get this to work is to not have libstagefright or medicodec applied in hardware decoding. If you have to, then apply software decoding without multi-threaded decoding. It might take a reboot for this to work, or simply play a file with hardware decoding and then choose the above settings.

Let me know if that works for you. This also works on the xbmc for ouya application.
(2014-06-27, 02:21)Tinwarble Wrote: That's because you are getting a "False Positive". If you're using Chrome it will do this when it doesn't know what the download is. Chrome doesn't recognize the file so it says "it must be malicious", even if it isn't and it does this with a lot of non-malicious programs. Chrome will even do this on download programs that are "beta" software from reputable company's.

FWIW, I packaged adb for Windows, OS X and Linux as a convenience for Fire TV XBMC folks that didn't want to be bothered downloading the entire Android SDK. I uploaded them to dev-host: http://d-h.st/users/jocala -- which as I said, I've used for years.

2199 downloads for Windows
507 downloads for OS X
69 downloads for Linux

I've moved them to a new host and updated the wiki. I don't see any warnings from Chrome or Firefox for the adb packages or adbFire.
(2014-06-27, 01:20)cdkao Wrote: Every link I click on downloads a malware. Everytime I move my mouse, it downloads a malware.
If your PC is actually downloading malware when you move your mouse, you've got bigger issues. The site is fine.

(2014-06-27, 04:27)jocala Wrote: I've moved them to a new host and updated the wiki. I don't see any warnings from Chrome or Firefox for the adb packages or adbFire.

OT - What host did you move to? DevHost has been a real PITA for the past few days and won't complete an upload (I've even tried accessing it from several different locations).
(2014-06-27, 04:27)jocala Wrote: FWIW, I packaged adb for Windows, OS X and Linux as a convenience for Fire TV XBMC folks that didn't want to be bothered downloading the entire Android SDK. I uploaded them to dev-host: http://d-h.st/users/jocala -- which as I said, I've used for years.

507 downloads for OS X
69 downloads for Linux

I've moved them to a new host and updated the wiki. I don't see any warnings from Chrome or Firefox for the adb packages or adbFire.

Hi Jocala,

just wanted to let you know, your tool is running perfect on my macbook air (mid 2011) with OSX 10.9.3. Connected to wired FTV through Wifi.

Did a xbmc back up, install apk and root.

thankx for the work!
Has anyone found a solution for the Harmony ?

I'm using a Sony TV and can pad navigation / select / right click to work in XBMC, but can't the "back" or "home" working. Either with sony remote or the Harmony Touch.

Any idea ?
(2014-06-27, 03:14)hmagoo Wrote: xbmc gotham 13.1 release - I have been trying to eliminate choppy playback with xvid encoded files. (jitter stutter whatever is the appropriate term ) The file I am looking at is not using packed bitstream and does not matter whether it is in avi or mkv container. A good measure of this symptom is the opening studio logos or scenes which have panning or gliding objects. Divx encoded files do not seem to have this problem.

If you have hardware acceleration applied, go into settings, video settings, acceleration, disable libstagefright, disable mediacodec, and try and see if that works, otherwise choose software acceleration without choosing multi-threaded decoding.

the key to get this to work is to not have libstagefright or medicodec applied in hardware decoding. If you have to, then apply software decoding without multi-threaded decoding. It might take a reboot for this to work, or simply play a file with hardware decoding and then choose the above settings.

Let me know if that works for you. This also works on the xbmc for ouya application.

I am also noticing lagging or choppy playback on xvid encoded files. I will try this when I get home.

My library is a mix of xvid / mpeg2 DVD rips / h264 rips. Will turning off hardware acceleration affect playback, specifically for 1080p h264 content?
Live TV with TVH : with latest nightly (Helix), no more slowmo playback when switching channels.

Didn't see any change in the hw acceleration.
(2014-06-27, 10:43)jobespierre Wrote:
(2014-06-27, 04:27)jocala Wrote: FWIW, I packaged adb for Windows, OS X and Linux as a convenience for Fire TV XBMC folks that didn't want to be bothered downloading the entire Android SDK. I uploaded them to dev-host: http://d-h.st/users/jocala -- which as I said, I've used for years.

507 downloads for OS X
69 downloads for Linux

Hi Jocala,

just wanted to let you know, your tool is running perfect on my macbook air (mid 2011) with OSX 10.9.3. Connected to wired FTV through Wifi.

Did a xbmc back up, install apk and root.

thankx for the work!

Thank you for the feedback!

elmerohueso:

https://mega.co.nz
Will amazon updates delete XBMC and all my xbmc settings? Anyway to disable them?
  • 237(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10