• 38(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-06-30, 18:28)mikeb93 Wrote: @milhouse:

did the latest update break virtual suspend?

my cec settings are set to do nothing when the tv shuts off and in settings i have enabled power saving.

when turning off my tv, nothing happens...

Not as far as I'm aware.

Virtual suspend just disables HDMI, what are you expecting to happen when you turn off your TV?

What settings did you choose in Power Saving - suspend or shutdown? What timer duration?

You can tell if suspend is active by running "vcgencmd display_power" (should be 0 if suspend is active), also a debug log (wiki) will show "OnSleep: Running sleep jobs" when the Pi goes to "sleep" (suspend) and "OnWake: Running resume jobs" when woken.

You can also cause an immediate suspend with "texturecache.py power suspend" which may be useful if you are having a problem (saves time waiting!)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
well, what happened before was, that the current video stopped, the pi went into this suspend mode and when i turned the tv back on, there was a black screen until i pressed a button. After that i was back on my shows episode list (or where i was when i started the video before)

Now its not doing any of that.

I have set Power Saving to Suspend. No timer, never had one

"vcgencmd display_power" returns a 1...
(2014-06-30, 18:47)mikeb93 Wrote: well, what happened before was, that the current video stopped, the pi went into this suspend mode and when i turned the tv back on, there was a black screen until i pressed a button. After that i was back on my shows episode list (or where i was when i started the video before)

Now its not doing any of that.

I have set Power Saving to Suspend. No timer, never had one

"vcgencmd display_power" returns a 1...

And you had this behaviour with #0619, but not #0627?

Can you upload a debug log using build #0619 showing you playing a video then switching off your TV until the point at which the Pi has suspended, followed by the same test using build #0627? I'm not familiar with this "TV switch off initiates suspend mode" - I use just the timer (15 minutes).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It worked with 619 but now with 627 it does not.

I use it so when my TV sleep timer turns off the TV, XBMC also stops playback.
Funny thing: It seems to have worked last night, but now, it does not anymore.

I found my TV turned on when i got home from work today, this made me a little curious. I have the option to turn on my tv disabled in the cec settings.

Is there a special setting i should turn on in the cec settings? I have "When TV is switched off" set to "ignore"
and disabled that XBMC is the active source, also that my tv shouldn turn on because of XBMC

A little embarrassing sidenote: I have no idea how to capture the debug log... Could you help me with that?
(2014-06-30, 19:03)mikeb93 Wrote: Is there a special setting i should turn on in the cec settings? I have "When TV is switched off" set to "ignore"
and disabled that XBMC is the active source, also that my tv shouldn turn on because of XBMC

I don't have CEC here so really don't know much about the specific settings, other than what is in the CEC Adapter settings dialog.

(2014-06-30, 19:03)mikeb93 Wrote: A little embarrassing sidenote: I have no idea how to capture the debug log... Could you help me with that?

Enable "Debugging" in Settings -> System -> Debugging. You might also want to enable component-specific CEC logging but this will probably cause the log file to balloon in size making it more difficult to upload.

Once you have captured all the information (ie. completed the test), upload the log file with "pastebinit /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log" and paste the URL here. You can then disable debug logging.

One change in the last build was to enable HDMI whenever XBMC starts, I'm wondering if XBMC crashed and restarted.
627: did not work: http://sprunge.us/HiRU
619: did not work: http://sprunge.us/baiO

well, shit....

turned some options on and off for testing, did a reboot, now out of the blue it started working in 619 again:
http://sprunge.us/LWVS

I hope you can identify what was going on there.
The suspend feature is actually the most important one for me because i use my tv's sleep timer all the time (it's way more confortable than navigating to the xbmc sleep timer).
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0701
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.2 #1 PREEMPT Tue Jul 1 00:52:11 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 30 2014 22:01:00
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 87aee38aa98517e53651d3400bf9261beb20c3e7 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140701005041-r18661-g07fa4d8

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (07fa4d8, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (eb4cf83, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master with directory caching support
Build Highlights:

New firmware.
New kernel 3.15.2.
New newclock3 patch that fixes jpeg decoder hangs, needs to be checked for regressions:
popcornmix Wrote:I wouldn't mind getting new commit on newclock3 in a test build:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...9acd3155e7

Seems to fix three different "jpeg hang" bug reports. I'd like to be sure it doesn't cause any regressions before adding to gotham branch.

Please report any artwork that doesn't cache/display that worked previously.

1. Firmware (June 30):
    • firmware: Use stripped versions of elf files
    • firmware: Updated with regenerated fixup files. See: #54
  2. OpenELEC:
    • lzo: update to lzo-2.07
    • linux: update to linux-3.15.2
    • eglibc: add package 'glibc, remove package 'eglibc', switch to 'glibc' as default libc
    • busybox: fix issue with not removing *.md5 files after update
    • propects/Generic/options: lcdproc: enable serialVFD (PR:3342, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • [AE/osxsink] - fix wrong samplerate selection (PR:4950, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [AE/osxsink] - fix optical usb devices with > 2 channels (PR:4955, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Collect subtitles at the same time to prevent overlap (PR:4885, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  4. newclock3:
    • no need to compute slow hash on changes in case the fast one already succeeded
    • Revert "[omx] Remove logging for texture jobs"
    • [omx] Avoid hang following jpegs that failed to decode
  5. kernel 3.15.y:
    • Add hwrng (hardware random number generator) driver
I've noticed a couple of problems with build #0701, maybe others can confirm:

1) With build #0701 there is a significant slow down when displaying already cached posters and fanart in Movies Thumbnail view (probably other views too). Each poster (typically, 480x720) appears to be taking about half a second (sometimes as long as 2 seconds) to be displayed. Fanart (1920x1080) takes 2 seconds or longer to appear. This is on a 1GHz ARM/500Mhz Core Pi with USB3 /storage.

The same texture cache with a previous build displays the posters and fanart instantly.

2) With build #0701, the following error appears when caching artwork, or even just browsing already cached artwork:
Code:
04:00:47 10478.655273 T:2825909328   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::WaitForCommand OMX.broadcom.image_decode wait timeout event.eEvent 0x00000000 event.command 0x00000002 event.nData2 320
(2014-07-01, 05:22)MilhouseVH Wrote: I've noticed a couple of problems with build #0701, maybe others can confirm:

1) With build #0701 there is a significant slow down when displaying already cached posters and fanart in Movies Thumbnail view (probably other views too). Each poster (typically, 480x720) appears to be taking about half a second (sometimes as long as 2 seconds) to be displayed. Fanart (1920x1080) takes 2 seconds or longer to appear. This is on a 1GHz ARM/500Mhz Core Pi with USB3 /storage.

The same texture cache with a previous build displays the posters and fanart instantly.

2) With build #0701, the following error appears when caching artwork, or even just browsing already cached artwork:
Code:
04:00:47 10478.655273 T:2825909328   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::WaitForCommand OMX.broadcom.image_decode wait timeout event.eEvent 0x00000000 event.command 0x00000002 event.nData2 320

Yep here also on a Pi sd/usb 1100. Takes almost 2 seconds with already preloaded fanart
(2014-06-29, 17:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-06-29, 16:50)ataru80 Wrote: I don't know if this has already been raised.
All the latest versions suffer from a high-pitch audio problem when trying to play mp3 files.
It makes it impossible to listen to music :-( (I'm using Millhouse version on Raspberry PI).

First I've heard.
With which build did problem first appear?
Using paplayer? Hdmi/analogue?
Is video playback okay? How about other audio formats?
I've updated to release #0701 and now it's all ok.
For info all the builds from mid may till mid june suffered the same issue.
Thanks
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0701b
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.2 #1 PREEMPT Tue Jul 1 15:16:30 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 30 2014 22:01:00
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 87aee38aa98517e53651d3400bf9261beb20c3e7 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140701152700-r18661-g07fa4d8

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (07fa4d8, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4b83c39, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master with directory caching support
Build Highlights:

Updated newclock3 jpeg hang commit to address performance regressions in build #0701.
  1. XBMC:
    • ActiveAE: delay creation of viz buffers until they are needed (PR:4893, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • keymaps: map red/green/yellow/blue (PR:4904, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • VideoReferenceClock: make refresh rate floating point + cleanup (PR:4915, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Added support for remote key "eject". (PR:4949, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
#0701b feels slower than 27 Jun release. Navigation and loading images.
(2014-07-01, 17:16)MilhouseVH Wrote: Updated newclock3 jpeg hang commit to address performance regressions in build #0701.

Ist this the already updated commit?
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...d5752a75ae
(2014-07-01, 22:56)Mafarricos Wrote: #0701b feels slower than 27 Jun release. Navigation and loading images.

Any errors in log?
(2014-07-02, 09:26)gandharva Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 17:16)MilhouseVH Wrote: Updated newclock3 jpeg hang commit to address performance regressions in build #0701.

Ist this the already updated commit?
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...d5752a75ae

That is the updated commit.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8