• 242(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-07-03, 02:22)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 00:57)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-07-02, 21:18)voip-ninja Wrote: Hate to break it to you but FTV has more than "one drawback".

That could be said about any device. "Drawback" is subjective since it depends on one's needs, one person might see something as a drawback where another might see it as unnecessary.

By the way, Amazon just rolled out a firmware update for the remote.

Moreover, no device is "perfect". For $100, this is very close to a perfect device (at least for me). I would love to see other options that trump the cost/benefit ratio of the Fire TV.
Well said. Drawbacks? Perfect?....LOL....We're talking about a man made device for $99 that outperforms all other $99 Android devices. I have several androids used primarily to run XBMC and this by far is the best yet.

(2014-07-02, 07:12)LRa Wrote: Just install stickmount to finally overcome the only drawback of the FTV.

Quick question, do I need to un mount each time I want to remove the stick connected ? (Safe removal....)

no.

(2014-06-27, 21:20)derrickrozay Wrote: Will amazon updates delete XBMC and all my xbmc settings? Anyway to disable them?

Not currently. Yes. Search how to disable Amazon Fire TV updates.
Tinwarble - I noticed when I did a adb shell ls I saw both folder on my AFTV are they both needed? sorry probably a dumb question.

Thanks
(2014-07-03, 06:26)squarecut1 Wrote: I don't have the new update either, even after manual check for updates

Same for me.
hi
where can i find the apk file for "XBMC Launcher" that is mentioned on the wiki.

when i select the link on wiki it takes to to the google store.

how can side load it

Thax
Kamla
(2014-07-03, 17:51)kamla Wrote: hi
where can i find the apk file for "XBMC Launcher" that is mentioned on the wiki.

look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2790392
I assume thats what you're looking for.
(2014-07-03, 17:20)DaveNinja Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 06:26)squarecut1 Wrote: I don't have the new update either, even after manual check for updates

Same for me.
Yeah they must be rolling it out in stages. I'm still waiting too.
(2014-07-03, 19:12)kenelbow Wrote:

Same for me.

I got mine less than a month ago. I'm also one of those that actually want an update. I really want to have Prime music most of all but heard only cloud music is set up yet. Side loading Amazon music app didn't do anything. So now is the wait.
will this box work in the UK if i order from USA?
(2014-07-03, 03:34)c0mm0n Wrote: It must be a great Plex device.

Actually, Plex for FTV may be the worst Plex app of any devices. The major problem is no DD or DTS sound for MKV files. For MP4 files, only DD works. So right now Plex just outputs stereo on the FTV. Plus a lot of reports video stuttering. Plex team know about the issue but they have done nothing since the FTV was released.
I stopped using Plex on the FTV.
I was a huge Amazon Tv fan for the first day I ran it. The thing is so smooth going through menu's and navigating. Hd video was playing great. I thought I had found a winner. Then after the initial testing phase I actually started watching some stuff on it and realized the FF/RW functions are absolutely horrible..I never realized how important these functions were until I had a unit that didn't do it properly. Not only that the timer function for playing videos would stay at 0 and never progress much of the time. I boxed my unit up and went back to my MK888B Quad which is about the same price and all functionality works.

So.. I am checking in to see if anyone can tell me if the FF/RW and Video Timer issues have been fixed on the Amazon TV as it may be time to give it another shot.
(2014-07-03, 12:29)LilSnoop40 Wrote: Tinwarble - I noticed when I did a adb shell ls I saw both folder on my AFTV are they both needed? sorry probably a dumb question.

Thanks

No, SPMC and the official XBMC have separate folders.

Same for me.

You can download the FW and manually update: http://www.firetvnews.com/how-to-manuall...n-fire-tv/

(2014-07-03, 21:59)Packetcrypt Wrote: I was a huge Amazon Tv fan for the first day I ran it. The thing is so smooth going through menu's and navigating. Hd video was playing great. I thought I had found a winner. Then after the initial testing phase I actually started watching some stuff on it and realized the FF/RW functions are absolutely horrible..I never realized how important these functions were until I had a unit that didn't do it properly. Not only that the timer function for playing videos would stay at 0 and never progress much of the time. I boxed my unit up and went back to my MK888B Quad which is about the same price and all functionality works.

So.. I am checking in to see if anyone can tell me if the FF/RW and Video Timer issues have been fixed on the Amazon TV as it may be time to give it another shot.

The 00:00:00 time issue is a known issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...e+tv%2C+00

It can be fixed by rebooting your AFTV, as for FF/RW, I can't tell you because it's not something that I use, but skip forward and back works just fine, as does skip chapters.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-07-03, 21:59)Packetcrypt Wrote: I was a huge Amazon Tv fan for the first day I ran it. The thing is so smooth going through menu's and navigating. Hd video was playing great. I thought I had found a winner. Then after the initial testing phase I actually started watching some stuff on it and realized the FF/RW functions are absolutely horrible..I never realized how important these functions were until I had a unit that didn't do it properly. Not only that the timer function for playing videos would stay at 0 and never progress much of the time. I boxed my unit up and went back to my MK888B Quad which is about the same price and all functionality works.

Been using Xbmc for more than 10 years. Never ever have I used the FF/RW functions. Why use them when you can use the skip buttons(4 arrows)?
(2014-07-03, 23:37)LRa Wrote:

Been using Xbmc for more than 10 years. Never ever have I used the FF/RW functions. Why use them when you can use the skip buttons(4 arrows)?

Sorry.. the skip function is what I was referring to. Most units go 30 seconds with the right arrow and 10 minutes with the top arrow. This was not working well at all on the Amazon Tv when I tried.

(2014-07-03, 22:32)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 12:29)LilSnoop40 Wrote: Tinwarble - I noticed when I did a adb shell ls I saw both folder on my AFTV are they both needed? sorry probably a dumb question.

Thanks

No, SPMC and the official XBMC have separate folders.

(2014-07-03, 17:20)DaveNinja Wrote: Same for me.

You can download the FW and manually update: http://www.firetvnews.com/how-to-manuall...n-fire-tv/

The 00:00:00 time issue is a known issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...e+tv%2C+00

It can be fixed by rebooting your AFTV, as for FF/RW, I can't tell you because it's not something that I use, but skip forward and back works just fine, as does skip chapters.

Just hooked it up again and it seems the reboot did correct the timing and skip function issues I was having. Question is how long will it run before those issues reappear before I need to reboot again. Not a huge issue if it is only 1 time a day or less but if this will have to be done multiple times a day I would rather just stick with a unit that I have no problems with at all.

Thanks for the advice !
The "stuck at 0:00" and the the FF/RW problem is the same thing. It also causes the video to get choppy/jumpy.
It goes away on a reboot of the FTV in my experience. I'm trying to figure out what causes it. I switched back to Confluence and have yet to have it pop up but its only been like a day.

it seems like not everyone has the 0:00 problem so there must be some add on or setting that will cause it.
(2014-07-03, 23:43)Packetcrypt Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 23:37)LRa Wrote:

Sorry.. the skip function is what I was referring to. Most units go 30 seconds with the right arrow and 10 minutes with the top arrow. This was not working well at all on the Amazon Tv when I tried.

It should be working fine. What's seems to be the problem?
  • 242(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10