• 61(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Not that it seems that anyone is listening, but I want to document another BUG in the DSPlayer builds:

From the python API, calling xbmc.getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.VideoAspect") retrieves the wrong aspect ratio information when playing using DSPlayer. However, when playing using the standard DVDplayer (in the DSPlayer build by using the context menu), it retrieves the correct information.

This is in addition to the other bug I previously reported that the python RenderCapture consistently fails in the DSPlayer builds for both DSPlayer and DVDPlayer. I understand why it might fail for DSPlayer but do not understand why it would fail for DVDPlayer.

One other thing to note is that the Monitor.onPlayBackStarted() event fires late in the DSPlayer builds. This is relevant because in the current 13.0 and 13.1 releases, the onPlayBackStarted() event does not fire for external players, forcing developers to monitor for that occurrence in a loop. This will be fixed in the next release and has already been addressed by the development team. The end result is that if you are monitoring and firing that event more quickly than DSPlayer is firing it, it may end up firing twice.

I am posting this here to hopefully prevent someone else from having to go through the discovery process that I have in order to ensure that their scripts/plugins run correctly with DSPlayer builds. I myself love DSPlayer, but the fact that the developers who put in all of the time and effort to release these builds do not even acknowledge bugs is disheartening. I understand that there may be some reasons that some of these things cannot or will not be fixed, but any sort of feedback would be appreciated.
Ken - I'm not sure there is any active development as such.
steelman1991: That does seem to be the case. I guess I'll just keep a running tally of 'Known Issues' for other developers Smile
seems like tiben is taking his sweet time with madvr integration , perhaps hes still busy with school
(2014-06-27, 23:45)hentai23 Wrote: seems like tiben is taking his sweet time with madvr integration , perhaps hes still busy with school
... that's a bit ingenerous. He's taking whatever time he needs for something he does, for free, in his spare time. Come on guys...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2014-06-27, 23:45)hentai23 Wrote: seems like tiben is taking his sweet time with madvr integration , perhaps hes still busy with school

It's not ususual though. Last time he told me he would looked into subtitles issues and he had some ideas about it, he's been absent ever since (months maybe even year) until latest comeback this year.

So appreciate what you've now and don't hold your breath. If there is any development surface then good.

Also, as it's been said before, feel free to continue the development of this open source project with your own code.
Honestly, I just gave up a long time ago and started launching MPC-HC from XBMC. It took a few days of getting used to, but now I don't see a reason to go back. I don't think the MPC-HC player has crashed once in the past year. I can't say the same about DVD/DSPlayer.
(2014-07-05, 11:45)StinDaWg Wrote: Honestly, I just gave up a long time ago and started launching MPC-HC from XBMC. It took a few days of getting used to, but now I don't see a reason to go back. I don't think the MPC-HC player has crashed once in the past year. I can't say the same about DVD/DSPlayer.

Just one question about how XBMC with MPC-HC does it look: is XBMC closed in order to open MPC-HC? So, in this case are you loosing the layout/look of the XBMC skin (I suppose that the interface will be the one of MPC-HC)? How the remote does work? Do you ned to configure it also MPC-HC too?

Thanks!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2014-07-05, 11:58)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2014-07-05, 11:45)StinDaWg Wrote: Honestly, I just gave up a long time ago and started launching MPC-HC from XBMC. It took a few days of getting used to, but now I don't see a reason to go back. I don't think the MPC-HC player has crashed once in the past year. I can't say the same about DVD/DSPlayer.

Just one question about how XBMC with MPC-HC does it look: is XBMC closed in order to open MPC-HC? So, in this case are you loosing the layout/look of the XBMC skin (I suppose that the interface will be the one of MPC-HC)? How the remote does work? Do you ned to configure it also MPC-HC too?

Thanks!
It minimizes XBMC and opens MPC-HC fullscreen. You can modify remote keys in MPC-HC to your liking.
(2014-07-06, 13:39)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2014-07-05, 11:58)axlt2002 Wrote:

Thanks!
It minimizes XBMC and opens MPC-HC fullscreen. You can modify remote keys in MPC-HC to your liking.

Are you able to playback items in 24P with correct audio sync? I have been searching everywhere for a solution to this issue that is found in the current default XBMC player. Could you share your playercorefactory.xml file? I wouldn't mind giving MPC-HC a try, but I'm not up on external players.
@Warner306 - have a look in the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players, its not as difficult as it looks. Just make sure the path to mpc-hc matches its location and that the file is placed in the correct location and its good to go - set-up of mpc-hc, now that's a whole different ball game and neither topic is really for discussion here.

There are other threads for external player issues, or start a fresh one. Here's a link to a cracking tutorial on mpc-hc set-up http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...guide.html
(2014-07-07, 09:02)steelman1991 Wrote: @Warner306 - have a look in the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players, its not as difficult as it looks. Just make sure the path to mpc-hc matches its location and that the file is placed in the correct location and its good to go - set-up of mpc-hc, now that's a whole different ball game and neither topic is really for discussion here.

There are other threads for external player issues, or start a fresh one. Here's a link to a cracking tutorial on mpc-hc set-up http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...guide.html

In case anyone is interested, below is a completed Playercorefactory to run MPC-HC from XBMC. I have adapted the core settings to incorporate a setting to exclude all Internet streams and only apply a "watched" status to any video that is launched in MPC-HC for more than 19 minutes. I also attached two guides that provide step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate MadVR and Reclock (For some, Reclock may be necessary to solve 24p lip sync issues):

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule internetstream="false" player="MPC-HC" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...guide.html

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516729

If anyone is interested, I can provide a starter guide of commands that you may want to remap in the "Keys" section of MPC-HC for control with a Harmony One remote.

My opinion of MPC-HC over DVDPlayer:
I dislike the spartan OSD options in MPC-HC compared to XBMC, but playback is superior to XBMC in some ways (I'm mostly talking about smoother 24p playback. MadVR rendering is equal to DVDPlayer in most respects IMO. Nothing worth the hassle of setting up MPC-HC).
Warner, did u possibly know u can run ReClock on DSPlayer?
Just saying, cos i have no sync issues at all (I know it's highly dependant on each one's system)
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2014-07-08, 10:43)vicmanpergar Wrote: Warner, did u possibly know u can run ReClock on DSPlayer?
Just saying, cos i have no sync issues at all (I know it's highly dependant on each one's system)

Been using it ever since Tiben added support for it - never get sync issues.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8