• 44(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
@da-anda
What skin are you using?
I am having problems on Eminence (Raspbmc though, but similar build) when trying to stop videos.
I presume that a playlist can behave similar.

I have not been able to reproduce it on any other skins so far so was thinking that it might be something with missing dialoges (as it is wip yet) or something.
Nothing shows in the (debug) log and the last line is always "CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Deactivate".

Edit: I also compiled a OSX build from master (though with PR #4895 included) that shows the same behaviour so it´s not related to newclock3 or Pi it seems.

Edit2: well, happened again on Confluence (OSX) after stopping a paused video... But on Emminence it happens 100% of the times though.
@mippa Eminence indeed Smile Just reverted to 703 and issue is gone. Will try to reproduce on my workstation with a Windows nightly and do further debugging there if it's not pi specific. Thanks for the pointer. I should know better and am sorry to not have verified the bug with Confluence/stock XBMC upfront.
@da-anda & @miappa: Yeah - with stock Confluence, starting a video, pausing it, then stopping playback will reliably crash xbmc.bin in build #0706:

Code:
rpi512:~ # systemctl stop xbmc
rpi512:~ # /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone -fs
Floating point exception

There's a new commit on xbmc master that fixes this bug - I'll upload a new build shortly.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0707
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.3 #1 PREEMPT Mon Jul 7 05:22:02 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul  5 2014 19:03:42
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version cb433d55f9f5b29b59968019e3b54802894af489 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140707052047-r18679-ge78d9de

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (e78d9de, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4adb069, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master 1.9.4 with directory caching and file read-ahead support
  • Enable zram with LZ4 compression as a kernel module. See guide. See post #605 for config patch.
  • Includes PR4985: [videodb] fix seasons update query for mysql
Build Highlights:

WARNING: New videodb schema version (85 -> 86, PR4985)
Fix for xbmc.bin crash after video pause -> stop.
  1. XBMC:
    • ffmpeg: Bump to 2.2-Helix-alpha2 - rebased on 2.2.4 (PR:4945, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Sort audio tracks by track number (PR:4942, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix potential floating point exception when converting NaN to int. Thanks to @bkuhls
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello,

since a few versions ago (I think since #0616) my rpi is periodically waking up my TV, when it was switched off.

I don't want to shutdown my rpi, because I don't want to crawl behind my TV and pull out and insert the power connector to start the rpi. I only want to power off my TV. But when I do this, the TV will be powered on again via the HDMI (CEC?) by the rpi.

With such a behaviour the OpenELEC Testbuilds are not usable for me and I'm sure, for some others too.

Are there any configuration options to avoid this permanent auto wakeup?
you can disable according CEC wakup functions in peripheral settings of the CEC adapter (IIRC Settings -> System -> Peripherals -> CEC)
(2014-07-06, 19:23)MilhouseVH Wrote: Like I say, it's all a bit counter intuitive - it's a little surprising that enabling zram swap on a 512MB Pi should have such an effect.

Can you confirm if the zram swap is actually being used after starting a YouTube video (check with "free" to see if if swap used is zero or not), or look at the zram statistics mentioned in the guide I linked to in the release post).
I've been tinkering around with ZRAM quite a while ago while modifying the kernel of my Samsung I9000 (SGS) - it's some kind of tradeoff depending on how memory starved you are. If your available memory is close to zero, ZRAM will keep you going a bit longer but things might become a bit unresponsive. If you've got some room to work with, ZRAM indeed improved the situation back in those days. Apps could stay in memory with ZRAM enabled when the low mem killer would have shut them down before - especially launchers and stuff.

Not sure how that does compare on the RPi though - I've enabled ZRAM for now (256mb RPi) and will see if I run into problems. Can't do that much harm either way I guess...
Problem with addon settings caused probably by PR:4971 is still in #0707?
As i don't see nothing regarding that, I suppose that the problem still exists?
Yes, still there in #0707. I did some more digging and found the cause (see comments on PR4971), just a matter of waiting for a fix to land.
Yes, I wrote there another example with trakt.
Worst that not having lsep's or sep's controls are the action controls.

Let's see how is fixed, or what is needed to change in controls, but that way all addons will have to be updated, and that don't seems a good way to go Smile Let's wait and see.
No, the PR needs updating. I'm sure it won't be long.
(2014-07-07, 18:36)MilhouseVH Wrote: No, the PR needs updating. I'm sure it won't be long.

Thanks, I had the impression that something could be done in the addon settings.
Will wait for PR update, and then your OE release Wink
Hello, i have a problem with dvdplayer when i watching dvd ISO's. If i watching from one chapter to another chapter and there is a chapter change, the ISO'/movie stutter. The error is in the millhouse build and in the official release.
@da-anda:
Thanks a lot!
I've found the settings and I chnaged it...
Smile 
I previously used the official Openelec-Rpi.arm 3.2.4 with a lot of problems
regarding tvheadend connection and video stability in live tv with dvb-t stick.

I have installed OpenELEC_Helix-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140707052047-r18679-ge78d9de.

Congratulations I am very satisfied :I have great stability improvements ,the only thing that does't work :

Configuration in System/Settings/Live TV/Playback/: "Continue last channel on start up" :Yes

When I restart OPenELEC, live tv don't restart automaticaly live tv with last channel.
(this worked with Openelec-Rpi.arm 3.2.4)
I need to restart manualy live Tv and select the tv channel.

Is it normal ?

Please can you give me a solution to retrieve this functionnality? (script?)
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8