• 325(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
hello i don't know why but pseudotv don't play mp4 extension files, every other (MKV, MOV, etc) yes, works fine, just MP4 not. What is the problem? Please help!
(2014-05-24, 16:42)wizzbangca Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 12:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 09:12)wizzbangca Wrote: Got psuedotv installed on a fresh gotham, but doesn't work. I get: Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and you have properly configured channels.

The error message is nonsense. I have thousands of videos scraped. That's not the problem. Channels are the auto configured channels for a first time install (first time xbmc install), unless the script doesn't know how to configure channels, that's not the problem.

What could be other causes of this problem? Internet yields a couple of unanswered threads.

This has been asked and answered hundreds of times, your posts are rude! Both here and on my thread. Your not entitled to help, so clean up your act and ask nicely.

1. Where did I say I was entitled?

2. Rude? Look in the mirror!

3. If this one has been answered hundreds of times, how come I can't find answer through searching?

Since you can't be of any help to anyone, piss off and make room for someone who is helpful.

funny story,

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1709927

it was quoted only couple posts before your post.
also, you coulda just search for "gotham" in this thread.. that's how i found it

i had the exact same problem as yours, this fixed it.

but not sure if your post was rude.. well i guess for developers, if you tell them, your error is nonsense!! that's kinda offensive. im a developer myself.. so i would know haha
Hi. I've upgraded to Gotham and had the channels won't populate issue. I've followed the directions. Now when it tries to load Psuedotv, it just shuts down.
Thanks for the C: fix, however my channels which are just 'directories' do not populate still... only playlist channels seem to be working... anyone else having that issue?
(2014-06-19, 19:02)sigelmedia Wrote: Thanks for the C: fix, however my channels which are just 'directories' do not populate still... only playlist channels seem to be working... anyone else having that issue?

You are going to get limited functionality with PseudoTV and Gotham due to changes to json... You can always give PseudoTV Live a chance... it fully supports Gotham.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
hey there does any one know how to get this working on 13.1 i have tried but for some reason it says its incompatible and to contact the maker can any one help please ??
thx for reading this
rico
(2014-07-08, 02:44)chr0nic Wrote: hey there does any one know how to get this working on 13.1 i have tried but for some reason it says its incompatible and to contact the maker can any one help please ??
thx for reading this
rico

I've given up on pseudoTV. spent way too long trying to get it to work to no avail

I looked into PseudoTV Live, but not sure if i want to jump on board w/ that just yet.
Switch to PseudoTV Live. It does the same and more and works with Gotham. The original PTV is dead, but it's berm reborn in PTVL.
(2014-07-08, 02:44)chr0nic Wrote: hey there does any one know how to get this working on 13.1 i have tried but for some reason it says its incompatible and to contact the maker can any one help please ??
thx for reading this
rico

Yes. It works on 13.1, and it works well.

I had the same challenge as you. (see post 4840 of this thread)

Then, the solution to the problem was stated in post # 4845 by Pendragon445.

All you need to do is that you need to change the file that says what python version that it looks for.

Do that and ** BAM ** it works!
(2014-07-08, 04:02)zebraitis Wrote:
thx for reading this
rico

I had the same challenge as you. (see post 4840 of this thread)

Then, the solution to the problem was stated in post # 4845 by Pendragon445.

All you nee do do is that you need to change the file that says what python version that it looks for.

Do that and ** BAM ** it works!

Define works well... if you mean it appears to work, then yes.. but you will find some features won't work!
(2014-07-08, 04:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 04:02)zebraitis Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 02:44)chr0nic Wrote: hey there does any one know how to get this working on 13.1 ??
rico
Define works well... if you mean it appears to work, then yes.. but you will find some features won't work!

Let's see...

1) With the suggested fix, PseudoTV (PTV) program loads into XBMC using the zip file. (which addresses Rico's original issue).

2) I am able to add the PTV program to my main screen

3) I am able to select PTV and it launches

4) PTV digs into my library and creates the standard channels (around 22)

5) On start, it opens up a program (tv or movie). Using my Logitech 900, I hit [OK] and that brings up the channel guide, where I can select other channels (up down) or different timeslots (left right)

6) When different channels / programs are selected - it plays.

7) When I hit exit, it stops and exits the program and returns me back to XBMC.

So, from a functionality perspective, it seems to work as described.

What features are you saying doesn't work?

Two items:

ONE: I will admit that PTV doesn't like ripped ISO's (DVD's or Blu-ray's) that have a menu... it just can't do menus. (you hit OK to select the menu item, it thinks that you want the PTV program menu)... however, that is working as designed rather than a bug. So, that "allowed me the opportunity" to rip the movies out of my legally backed up ISO files and get rid of the menus.

TWO: I have downloaded the extra channel pack, but have not yet tried to install that... so I cannot say from experience how that functions (or if it does)

Bottom line: Edit one file inside the zip, and it works fine... at least that's my experience.

Your mileage may vary.
zebraitis ' Wrote: Your mileage may vary.

You're being silly...

Zip fix just tells pseudotv to use gothams python version.

adding the root as a source allows pseudotv queries to bypass the json block gotham added...

and unless you add every media path or root path as a source you will run into problems... it would be pompous to say these changes make pseudotv compatible with gotham, more like it's been hacked to work.
(2014-07-08, 17:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
zebraitis ' Wrote: Your mileage may vary.

You're being silly...

Zip fix just tells pseudotv to use gothams python version.

adding the root as a source allows pseudotv queries to bypass the json block gotham added...

and unless you add every media path or root path as a source you will run into problems... it would be pompous to say these changes make pseudotv compatible with gotham, more like it's been hacked to work.

Sir,

A fellow XBMC user asked how to fix PTV to make it work, and I have explained what I did to resolve the challenge.

You stated that there were features that did not work, and I took the time to explain that the features appear to work.

I specifically asked you which features do not work.

You responded by calling me "silly" and changing the subject. As I see it, an ad hominem attack is not an answer.

As you are very involved in PTV-Live, your suggestion to try your program is self-serving.

Clearly, to me, it appears that you are more concerned with being "RIGHT", than helpful to those that asked the question on PTV. As this is the case, I have no time for you.

Good day, sir.
I was wondering how long it normally takes to add all the channels and things to pseudotv. When I enable everything, it seems to take an hour plus to get everything done. The message on the screen says...

Adding Livetv, parsing XML

And it's going through the XML file for all the information for each channel. A snippet of the xbmc.log can be seen here....

http://pastebin.com/GzCF3Dge

Thanks in advanced.
(2014-07-09, 02:23)wiz561 Wrote: I was wondering how long it normally takes to add all the channels and things to pseudotv. When I enable everything, it seems to take an hour plus to get everything done. The message on the screen says...

Adding Livetv, parsing XML

And it's going through the XML file for all the information for each channel. A snippet of the xbmc.log can be seen here....

http://pastebin.com/GzCF3Dge

Thanks in advanced.

If you're using PseudoTV Live your in the wrong thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169032
  • 325(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25