• 13(current)
Amber for Gotham - Support thread
(2014-06-08, 20:37)protocol77 Wrote: I really like amber and i don't mean to sound ungrateful but i am noticing a lot of questions, requests etc.. go unanswered quite a bit on Amber thread just wondering why that isHuh

There are several reasons and I believe I've talked about some of them in this thread. The most important one is probably lack of motivation.

I use XBMC sporadically now and when I do I'm in in plexbmc mode. I have waited for XBMC server for a log time and, unfortunately, I had to give up. Changes planned for the future releases seems to be about XBMC distributed model while I need centralized, flexible library, manageable with a mouse and web interface. We'll see what future holds but, IMHO, best days of so called "thick" clients are probably behind us. Although great deal of users are running standard HTPCs take a look at popularity of AppleTV, RPi, Amazon Fire TV or many Android clients.

Furthermore, I have a real problem skinning thousands of options for customizable menus, submenus, PVR options, add ons, etc. You know something is wrong when skins are not true to their name. They no longer represent "changeable coat" but comes with they own philosophy, set of functions, navigations etc. Sometimes, it is hard to tell if the problem is XBMC, skin or script related.

Thus, for the reasons above, skinning is not as much fun as it used to be for me and I just can't skin in that case. If someone would be interested in keeping Amber and Quartz alive I'm happy to assist them. If none step up I guess we probably won't be seeing Helix build of my skins.

I don't know if this is a kind of answer you expected but it sure is a sincere one.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

that's sounds fair enough it seems your priorities for what you need and expect to get out of a media software have changed i can see the point in not wanting to spend a lot of time dedicated to supporting something you may not use much yourself especially for free

I was simply curious as it was something that caught my attention Smile
(2014-04-17, 15:43)Vlaves Wrote: And I think I have a BUG found, but I'm not shure. When I'm in the EPG Timeline, hitting the "Back" Key on my remote doesn't brings me back to the last Menu, nothing happens. If I for example use this Skin here, than it works. When I'm at home, need to check in Confluence...

Regrads / Pozdrav
Vlado

Has anyone ever found a solution for this? I would like to use Amber with XBMC on the Amazon FireTV, but I need to be able to back out of the EPG timeline. I've tried making changes to keyboard.xml to make the backspace key activate the home window, but have had no luck.
(2014-07-06, 16:54)kenelbow Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 15:43)Vlaves Wrote: And I think I have a BUG found, but I'm not shure. When I'm in the EPG Timeline, hitting the "Back" Key on my remote doesn't brings me back to the last Menu, nothing happens. If I for example use this Skin here, than it works. When I'm at home, need to check in Confluence...

Regrads / Pozdrav
Vlado

Has anyone ever found a solution for this? I would like to use Amber with XBMC on the Amazon FireTV, but I need to be able to back out of the EPG timeline. I've tried making changes to keyboard.xml to make the backspace key activate the home window, but have had no luck.

I don't think it has somthing to do with the Keyboard settings, it has something to do with the skin, since it is working with other skins. Does someone know which file needs to be modified in the skin folder?

Thanks again Smile

Regards
Vlaves
I'm using Amber on my Ouya and do not have a keyboard configured with it.

Is there anyway of finding out how much a video has buffered? On other skins, the grey bar tracks ahead and since switching to Amber I used to hit 'O' and use the codecinfo screen, but am unable to do this on Ouya.

Are there any other ways to find out how much the video has buffered?
(2014-05-09, 11:43)VanZan Wrote: Tried this for the first time....love it. I'm using it with an Ouya. I don't know if it's been mentioned but it crashes XBMC back to the Ouya Android menu when I click on Addons > Programs. Besides that everything else seems to be just peachy! Many thanks. Smile

I'm getting this same crash on my amazon fire tv. Cannot get to android apps. Anyone know a workaround, or what causes this?
(2014-07-14, 07:18)RustyTongueRing Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 11:43)VanZan Wrote: Tried this for the first time....love it. I'm using it with an Ouya. I don't know if it's been mentioned but it crashes XBMC back to the Ouya Android menu when I click on Addons > Programs. Besides that everything else seems to be just peachy! Many thanks. Smile

I'm getting this same crash on my amazon fire tv. Cannot get to android apps. Anyone know a workaround, or what causes this?

Crashes on me too. If you switch skins back to Confluence temporarily and favorite the apps you want, you will be able to launch them from favorites on Amber or add them to the Amber menu.
(2014-07-14, 11:42)kenelbow Wrote:
(2014-07-14, 07:18)RustyTongueRing Wrote:

Crashes on me too. If you switch skins back to Confluence temporarily and favorite the apps you want, you will be able to launch them from favorites on Amber or add them to the Amber menu.

I appreciate the reply, and I'll try that later tonight when I get home. Thanks again!

EDIT: Works perfect now after adding favorites in another skin. Love this skin!
I have activated this skin and it's got some nice features but I would like to try other skins too. How do I change this skin? I no longer see the options to add new or even change skins.
If I SSH into the PI and manually delete the Amber skin addon will that cause issues? I have looked in every single menu and the only "settings" I can find are for PleXBMC..I just want to be able to change the skin..ugh.
(2014-07-17, 19:08)narddawg314 Wrote: I have activated this skin and it's got some nice features but I would like to try other skins too. How do I change this skin? I no longer see the options to add new or even change skins.

(2014-07-18, 05:20)narddawg314 Wrote: If I SSH into the PI and manually delete the Amber skin addon will that cause issues? I have looked in every single menu and the only "settings" I can find are for PleXBMC..I just want to be able to change the skin..ugh.

You need button above the one you were trying to click, the one that says "SKIN", see:

and

Button below is for skin settings, not XBMC appearance settings.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-07-19, 11:24)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-07-17, 19:08)narddawg314 Wrote: I have activated this skin and it's got some nice features but I would like to try other skins too. How do I change this skin? I no longer see the options to add new or even change skins.

(2014-07-18, 05:20)narddawg314 Wrote: If I SSH into the PI and manually delete the Amber skin addon will that cause issues? I have looked in every single menu and the only "settings" I can find are for PleXBMC..I just want to be able to change the skin..ugh.

You need button above the one you were trying to click, the one that says "SKIN", see:

and

Button below is for skin settings, not XBMC appearance settings.

There is no settings option anywhere except for PLEXBMC settings. If I could take a screenshot I'd show you what I am seeing...how do I do that? EDIT: That screen exists when I was using the confluence skin but it's nowhere to be found on Amber skin. If I delete the addon will that cause serious issues?
OK, well now I feel dumb. Evidently 'settings' isn't just a menu header and it's an actual link to the settings.. Has no idea. This skin is great.
can someone tell me in simple terms what i would need to edit to make the filename more visible as you can see below the full name is not visible which means if i have more than one file but same show name but different episode i have to highlight each one and wait for it to scroll over to see what the episode number on it is

i would like to stretch this across the page a bit more so i can read the full name this is current list view on a favourite folder i created a shortcut to and these

there is all that blank space on the left surely i can stretch it across that way to reveal more of the name ??
(2014-07-22, 14:35)protocol77 Wrote: there is all that blank space on the left surely i can stretch it across that way to reveal more of the name ??

No easy way. You might want to try:

- switch view to BigList
- scan those episodes to library and get nicer, shorter names
- code up another view with a wide list that would probably suck for anything other than browsing unsorted media and poorly coded plugins that tend to have extra long labels

I can help you with 3rd option (please, don't read this as I'll do it for youSmile but I'm going to a vacation soon, so it would have to wait a bit.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Gotham - Support thread2