• 252(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-07-16, 22:30)jfrasure Wrote: Nice like the upgrade. When i've had more than an hour of sleep i'll definately dig into it. I used it to root my AFTV.

Thanks
Jeff

I'm very interested in feedback on USB drive/stick mounting. Right now it only looks for devices using the /dev/block/sda1 interface, meaning that if you have multiple sticks/drives connected, only the first is mounted. The mount can be made persistent, i.e. will mount after a reboot. There's also an issue where a df shows the mount twice, which may be an issue with fuse. However, it's harmless.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-07-16, 21:42)exit Wrote:
(2014-07-16, 14:40)sparkfuzz Wrote: I need help setting up a keyboard. I googled and looked through the XBMC/FireTV wiki pages but have not been able to figure it out. I have the Logitech k400r and i want to know how to get it to work. I have plugged in the unifying USB adapter into the Fire TV and thats about it. Do I need to push certain settings to the Fire TV? I have not found clear instructions on getting a keyboard to work? Is it as simple and plug it in and I am good to go? There is no sync button on the keyboard btw. Also the keyboard has a track pad, can i get this to work? Some clear instructions on the how to get a keyboard to work would be much appreciated, THANKS!

(2014-07-16, 18:27)z31fanatic Wrote: I have the same keyboard. It's simply plug and play. The keyboard is already synced to the usb receiver it comes with. Track pad works too.

sparkfuzz, just make sure you're plugging in the smaller USB receiver, not the bigger adapter, into the USB port on the Fire TV.

I figured out my problem. So my unifying adapter was not synced to that particular keyboard, as I have multiple input devices that can work with the one adapter. I had to plug in the adapter to a computer and install the unifying software onto that computer and then sync my keyboard to the adapter (pretty much just get the keyboard to work on that computer). It must keep the sync information on the little adapter as to a specific input device.Then i unplugged the adapter and simply plugged it into the Fire TV and VWALLLA, it worked! YAY!Wink
So, I just got my firmware updated and now Im having AV sync issues on 13.1. This normal? Which version should I switch to? Anyone?
In case anyone is interested, I created an program addon called "XBMC Tweaks for FTV" that will let you cycle through and apply the keymaps and splashscreens that are currently posted in the Wiki. You can download it from my repo.
I'm sure that will be useful to those wanting an easier way vs. using adb.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I can't read anymore. Sorry. All I really want to know is if there is a fix for the live tv changing channel crashing issue.

I did the Mediacodec turn off part and yet still getting crashes.
(2014-07-17, 21:51)breezytm Wrote: I can't read anymore. Sorry. All I really want to know is if there is a fix for the live tv changing channel crashing issue.

For me the solution was to turn off h.264 transcoding on my HD HomeRun Plus. Not sure what kind of hardware or backend you have but the combination of h.264 and MythTV 0.27 seemed to make things screwing on the FireTV for me. I did also turn off MediaCodec but leave libstagefright enabled.
this might be a stupid question but i cant get the official youtube app on my firetv
i can see it on xbmc but i was wondering how to get it from Google play or app store

thanks
(2014-07-17, 21:51)breezytm Wrote: I can't read anymore. Sorry. All I really want to know is if there is a fix for the live tv changing channel crashing issue.

I am running WMC backend with media codec off and it is rock solid. Make sure you reboot after disabling media codec. Tuner is hdhomerun with cable card (xfinity)

It was crash central when media codec was enabled.......

Tolax
Hey guy's good morning to all....I have a quick qestion..I should be getting my 2nd fire box this morning...
can i update the latest firmware ,will it update on its own before install xbmc on it...
The reason why i ask is because i had some problems with my first...i had it rooted and noticed xbmc was crashing alot so i did a restore and did box did not brick
but i couldnt even get past the first set up wich looks like the box is done it kept asking me for my account information been. wouldnt let me get passed that screen?
I noticed a lot of talk about disabling FW updates on the AFTV after rooting. Is this highly recommended? I am rooted, but did not disable FW updates yet.

Also, are many on this board running nightly builds opposed to the 13.1 final release? How are the nightlies running? As far as 13.2 Beta 1 for Fire TV, is this the link I grab the file? http://xbmc.org/download/#devbuild and select Android ARM?
(2014-07-18, 14:36)gizbug Wrote: I noticed a lot of talk about disabling FW updates on the AFTV after rooting. Is this highly recommended? I am rooted, but did not disable FW updates yet.

You should definitely disable FW updates. The next Fire TV update could concievably kill the root and you having no way to access it again. I am using elmerohueso's XBMC Launcher, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2790392, and never want to have to use the Kindle Fire TV launcher (you'll still have access to it) again. The KFTV has literally been morphed into a choice XBMC over the top box with this launcher.
Hello! I'm new to the forums, and really to XBMC in many ways. I've been using Plex for years, but have recently switched. I've been using a custom-built PC (no power saving nothing special) for a media server. I really want to get specific hardware for XBMC and I've been looking into different Android TV Boxes. Those seem like a good deal due to all the software that runs on them for consuming media. Now that I've seen how good the AFTV is (due to this thread), is this a good choice or should I buy something like an ASUS Chromebox and put OpenElec on it? I plan to buy 2 units - I just don't know which to buy.
Need VC-1 support and HD audio, go Chromebox. Can live without those two and want Netflix, Amazon Prime and/or games, go FTV.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater

(above: vfat,exfat,ntfs and ext4 drives connected to my fire tv)

http://www.jocala.com/adbfire.html

adbFire 1.02 changelog

addition of ntfs-3g for mounting ntfs media
addition of mount.exfat-fuse for mounting exfat media
addition of mounting for ext2,ext3,ext4 media
mount now addresses all connected USB media, not just /dev/block/sda
edit of help file to reflect mount changes
screen shots saved to unique filename
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
  • 252(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10