• 8(current)
Win Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool
I don't have this remote to test. Are you using it as MCE remote?
(2014-05-03, 15:20)baijuxavior Wrote: I don't have this remote to test. Are you using it as MCE remote?
Yes, I'm using it as MCE remote.
How can one tell if a remote really is an MCE remote? I have a Streacom IRRC which claims to be, but this tool doesn't work with it.

It has a key with a left-pointing arrow which the manual refers to as "Back Space" and indeed in Notepad it does generate a backspace. This is fine and dandy for XBMC but not so good for MediaPortal which doesn't use that and would prefer Escape.

I guessed this was the MCE Back key, which in the registry shows as: 23 00 00 01 24 02 which is multimedia key Back.

I changed it to 23 00 00 04 00 29 which is Keyboard Stroke Escape - but it still transmits a backspace.

Oddly, if I learn it with a learning remote and use JP1 tools to analyse the learned signals, it says it is MCE...
The device manager should show ehome device driver if the remote is MCE.

After making changes you should reboot the PC.
Nope, Device Manager (Windows 8.1) does not show ehome.

It does show two instances of "HID-compliant consumer control device". There is also an IR receiver on the DVB-T tuner card so I guess that's why there are two.
Then it is not RC6 MCE remote and cannot be modified using the registry hack.
I would just like to say that the "Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool" saved me a lot of time and issues trying to get the i button on my MCE remote to work. I simply mapped it to an "I" keypress, restarted and all works perfectly Smile
Thanks!

this worked perfectly!

5stars
Hello baijuxavior and thanks for this great tool!

I am relatively new to XBMC having used WMC 7 and MediaPortal for what seems like forever!

I have been looking around for the "best" method of

1) Starting XBMC with the Green Button (I have an eHome MCE remote)
2) Keeping the XBMC window in focus, also when windowed
3) Full key customisation in XBMC for the remote, including pressing TVGuide should show the full EPG Listings

This would give me pretty much what WMC has done over the years.

I see that you are active in the XBMXCustomRegis forum (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179) and you seem to know what you are doing Wink

So this is why before I go installing scripts and keymaps etc.. I wanted to ask your opinion for the best, easiest and most efficient option(s).

I want to avoid conflicting mods/tools as there are lots of them floating around for XBMC.

I am sure this is a question that many ex-WMC users will need an answer to. Unfortunately the information on the XBMC Forum (albeit lots of it!) is somewhat unstructured and can lead down many paths. Some of which are unnecessary.

So baijuxavior, what do you say?.. I'll trust your opinion! Blush

Many thanks from me (and the other ex-MCE users who will no doubt find this post over Google at some point)

John
(2014-07-23, 08:03)Jaddi01 Wrote: 1) Starting XBMC with the Green Button (I have an eHome MCE remote)
2) Keeping the XBMC window in focus, also when windowed
3) Full key customisation in XBMC for the remote, including pressing TVGuide should show the full EPG Listings

Use xbmclauncher (see my signature) for all these functions. You can use the mce mapper tool to change the remote control codes later.
Does it do something to OPEN Xbmc by the green key on a MCE remote?

What code do I select to make the green key open XBMC in full screen mode?
[/quote]

Use xbmclauncher (see my signature) for all these functions. You can use the mce mapper tool to change the remote control codes later.
[/quote]
i5 4440 - H81 - 4X2 GB - 128 GB SSD - R7 240 - L42ET60D / S2240L - FiiO E10 - Fiio K5 Pro - Kali Audio LP6 - TinAudio T2 - BLON 03 - ATH-M40X - Anker Spirit X - JBL Flip 4 - Fenvi 9260 WiFi/BT 5 - Corsair K55/Harpoon - VS350 - Carbide 400R - Apple Shuffle 2GB + Fiio M5.
XBMC > KODI with the good old MCE Remote. 
Thank you very much for this tool!!!
Fixed a bug where keystroke for 'K' was sending 'J'.
This tool is worth more than gold. Thank you baijuxavior for your magic!
(2014-12-21, 08:45)olsonbri Wrote: This tool is worth more than gold. Thank you baijuxavior for your magic!

Thank you.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool3