• 5(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-04, 04:11)Mr. Beefhead Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 19:56)jjd-uk Wrote: and based on what I had done someone suggested a logo of

However the logo no longer seemed to fit as well as before, plus by this time a number of people weren't so keen on the idea of using remote buttons in the logo or at least using them in a more subtle way.

So it evolved that kodi would just be a name with no meaning and was the runaway winner in our internal vote.

Does this mean that the remote button logo and variations of are off the table? Because I have to say, I thought I hated the new name because it seemed to mean nothing, be reminiscent of nothing, and call up only bad associations. The idea that the name was inspired by the shape of common remote buttons changes things considerably for me. Now the name actually seems to have significance and be rather clever. In my opinion, any logo should definitely incorporate at least the basic shape of those buttons. Personally, I think the above logo is damn near perfect in it's simplicity and symmetry - add a little back glow and a sub-title and I think it'd look great.

(2014-08-04, 06:40)Martijn Wrote: I deeply don't like the remote button variant. It makes it unreadable

I can’t design anything to save my life, but what do you think about usng the on/off logo for the “o”?
To all designers out there, it is worth mentioning that KODI in capital letters has X-axis symetry on its middle height. Maybe someone can take advantage of it for the logo
And now for something totally different just for fun.

Something like this?

(2014-08-04, 14:57)Narfotic Wrote: Something like this?

Those are cool.
(2014-08-03, 20:02)Tinwarble Wrote: Needs to be refined a little, but here's mine.

My vote is on this. If not chosen, try at least to put in the logo a sense of oldness on it, as the old tvsceen on that logo. The play button to me seems a lot of imitation of other logos, there is no need for this, you are the most important media center out there. Be something unique.

Ty for possible consideration on my thoughts, waiting something good

Ps
The name is fine for me, short and full of possibilities to promote it even further in the future.

Ps2
Continue producing your magic in the next years, love your work
@pulpfxn maybe you like my interpretation with your idea:

LOGO with Power Button

And again maybe someone can repost my logo on his image hoster.
I think a subtitle of "Multimedia Manager" or "Entertainment Hub" should be considered.
Someone did this on Google+ which I liked

from https://plus.google.com/1041867195703813...avWrsSTPLz
This would be my idea for incorporating the remote buttons into the design.

(Very rough sketch, but you get the general idea.)
apologies i suck at drawing but this is the idea i have for the logo.

my idea is the K swings around under the name with eyeballs in the o and d.
this will translate as Kodi makes you smile or Kodi is a joy to use. you can also add the mascot to the end if needed.

Again i apologize for the crappy drawing.
(2014-08-04, 15:03)lostwithouthope Wrote: @pulpfxn maybe you like my interpretation with your idea:

LOGO with Power Button

And again maybe someone can repost my logo on his image hoster.

Looks great!
(2014-08-04, 15:10)jjd-uk Wrote: Someone did this on Google+ which I liked

from https://plus.google.com/1041867195703813...avWrsSTPLz

Now this I can really upvote. These touches makes the whole thing appear a proper logo. All tastes vary, but I think this is concept is well worth a closer look. Its simple, effective and highly adaptive - both in terms of size, form and graphics. It is asthetically pleasing, yet very easily understandable (and readable). Even thumbnail friendly without mentionable modifications.

The "Entertainment Center" writing can be altered quite much, without making too lagre a change to the overall visuals. Nice.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-08-04, 15:13)scudlee Wrote: Image
This would be my idea for incorporating the remote buttons into the design.

(Very rough sketch, but you get the general idea.)

Very subtle, almost missed it Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4