• 29(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-06, 13:09)ximon Wrote: Image

That just says IDODI to me, I loved your original one though.
Few variations of an idea

edit by memphiz: please fix the img url ...
(2014-08-06, 18:43)dramaticraazrs Wrote: Idea being - popcorn, stage curtains, movement
Typeface - opensans

For some reason my first thought was: Hé, that looks like the BASF logo found on old cassette tapes.
That's says maybe more about me then the logo itself Wink
I figured one thing that might be missing is some degree of colour on the logo. For the most part, XBMC (at least the most viewed version of the logo) had a two-tone colour scheme on the logo, namely blue and green. What I decided I'd do with the Kodi logo is invoke the three primary colours of light, namely Red-Green-Blue, with White as the presence of all three colours.

The idea really isn't intended to be used standalone, seeing as many others here are much better at graphics design than I am, but I do have a simple idea of how it would look.

The triangle in the K is really just a reversed play button. Cliche, I know. As another note, I decided to go with the term "Media Hub", and not have any issues with spelling center/centre.

As for the icon:

I made this in Inkscape, as SVG files, so they can be scaled as needed.
There's so many good ones, it's really getting hard to choose... lots of talent in this fan base...Bravo! Smile
This one is still not perfect, but damn it looks good Big Grin
@ximon
I'm curious to see it with "KODI ENTERTAIMENT CENTER" as the subtitle... that may help the KOK problem
and maybe the version "Helix 14" inside the O with nothing outside the I
or maybe even "Helix" inside the O and 14 where it is

My 2cents, hope it helps Smile

(2014-08-06, 23:26)wpbpete Wrote: There's so many good ones, it's really getting hard to choose... lots of talent in this fan base...Bravo! Smile
This one is still not perfect, but damn it looks good Big Grin
@ximon
I'm curious to see it with "KODI ENTERTAIMENT CENTER" as the subtitle... that may help the KOK problem
and maybe the version "Helix 14" inside the O with nothing outside the I
or maybe even "Helix" inside the O and 14 where it is

My 2cents, hope it helps Smile

Maybe it's better to put the dot (14) above the I so it represents the i in Kodi
Just went through the thread looking for my favourites, I like the clean simple logo's , a colour splash is nice.

jbarrow message #415

aphaits message #106

aphaits message #122

Co2p message #144

mag.py message #194 2nd image #345 2nd & third image

ximon message #376 #390, and #403

Any one of these would shine as the mark for entertainment software. I couldn't find a 'best' as they all have strengths and weakness.
(2014-08-06, 23:36)schumi2004 Wrote: Maybe it's better to put the dot (14) above the I so it represents the i in Kodi

nah, with it all beeing Uppercase letters that would not fit. I kind of like the superscript 14. It looks like a mathematical exponent. Maybe one way to bring the nerdy back to Kodi ( If we cant have a X in the name Tongue )
Ok, I read through most of this thread. In my opinion I think that the logo should be recognisable rather than readable. Doesn't have to be totally illegible but should be recognisable on its own. And if it looks readable enough, it certainly has to be near impossible to misread (case in point, I thought I went shoe shopping at Nilfons until they changed their logo, apparently my shoes come from Nilsons) (also, see the variations on logos for what I think is a competing media centre called kok in this thread)

I threw together something quickly. Its base is the the letters of KODI but arranged to form a heart. I can't decide on the rotation of the heart as it's slanted. Should the dot be perfectly centered at the bottom or the two tops be level?
The text below isn't really layouted (just used helvetica neue ultralight) and isn't really part of the pitch, just the glyph that can be used as a symbol, recognisable even if very small, and also sending out a good vibe and (hopefully) evoking a positive emotional response.

(and yeah I'm aware that the edges are a bit rough)

(2014-08-07, 00:25)AssafM Wrote: Image

I like it nice and Clean.
(2014-08-05, 16:00)Karnagious Wrote: This is what I mean. You can tell it says Kodi.

Showed this to three non-tech person who'd never heard anything about xbmc or kodi and they all confirmed that it unfortunately says kok no matter of what. Otherwise this would have been my favourite.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2014-08-07, 00:25)AssafM Wrote: Image

I really like the K on this, ODI... not so much
Some great ideas here.

Probably a trivial request but it has always annoyed (just mildly) me the spelling of Centre as Center in XBMC. It seems half the world do spell it 'Centre' so it would be nice if going forward Kodi took this into consideration if this word is used and adjusted accordingly to the international settings chosen by the user when setting up the software. Bit like the Celsuis/Farenheit bit for weather settings which is done correctly.

You can even build trees out of this... where that glue?!
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4