• 49(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-08-07, 15:45)Grand Total Wrote:
(2014-06-29, 14:56)AuXBoX Wrote:
Quote: @AuXBoX - I can't logon to SSH with your latest build - just says access is denied as if I'm typing the wrong password.

I couldn't either, the password from is cronicorey letmein.
I see you have built it and been able to ssh in, i haven't been to able ssh for a while, even trying with your builds

Try ftp it worked with me port 21
Did you ever get past this? I have exactly the same problem, I can FTP into my box, but not SSH.

Try root:letmein, works for me.
(2014-08-08, 14:47)bodgit Wrote: Try root:letmein, works for me.
Thanks, but that is what I have been using. Those credentials work perfectly for FTP to the box, but they don't work (for me) for SSH access.
Hey, noob question:

I'm using XDA Developers Gotham Build, works perfectly, but I'd really want to change the red boot splash image, is it possible?

Thanks!
(2014-08-10, 04:40)andymoreno Wrote: Hey, noob question:

I'm using XDA Developers Gotham Build, works perfectly, but I'd really want to change the red boot splash image, is it possible?

Thanks!
You could start by looking at /usr/share/xbmc/media/Splash.png
(2014-08-08, 16:13)Grand Total Wrote:
Thanks, but that is what I have been using. Those credentials work perfectly for FTP to the box, but they don't work (for me) for SSH access.
I had the same problem with Auxbox's build, but the same code I compiled myself doesn't have the problem. Strange.

(2014-08-10, 05:30)Grand Total Wrote:
(2014-08-10, 04:40)andymoreno Wrote: Hey, noob question:

Thanks!
You could start by looking at /usr/share/xbmc/media/Splash.png
That will only change the splash screen where it says Gotham "13.1". The previously similar screen where it says "Loading" is a frame buffer image file which is more difficult to change and probably requires you compile the linux/xbmc code yourself from git.
what did you want to change it to andymoreno?
I'll compile it for you with a new image if you like
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2014-08-11, 00:31)AuXBoX Wrote: what did you want to change it to andymoreno?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to compile it himself...

I've downloaded all the source from Git, but I could use a pointer to get me started on compiling it.

Can you point me in the right direction, please?
(2014-08-11, 00:35)Grand Total Wrote:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to compile it himself...

I've downloaded all the source from Git, but I could use a pointer to get me started on compiling it.

Try to follow this, Just made it up from memory so let me know if you run into any problems.

Something like this was my plan, same image for both screens:
http://wallpaperpanda.com/wallpapers/jco...e78KAi.jpg

But I am also very interested in rolling my own, so will have a look at that as well. If you would compile one for me to get me going would be just pure awesome!
(2014-08-10, 16:58)bobones Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 16:13)Grand Total Wrote:
I had the same problem with Auxbox's build, but the same code I compiled myself doesn't have the problem. Strange.

I have the exact same issue.

I got round not being able to set a static IP address by reserving one for the box's mac address on my router, so at least I can use the xbmc remote on my phone.

I can't, unless I am mistaken, install newer builds of Kodi (see folks, I'm right with the times Wink ) without being able to open a shell in the operating system. Shame.

Otherwise, this is the solution to full HD playback with passthrough audio that I have spent the last couple of weeks looking for Smile
(2014-08-11, 12:00)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 00:35)Grand Total Wrote:

Try to follow this, Just made it up from memory so let me know if you run into any problems.
Thanks, if I could up your reputation I would, but I don't have enough posts yet.

My build works, but is not quite "right" somehow. For one thing it's several MB smaller than the build at the top of this thread.

I suspect also that you are using a 32-bit Linux machine to build on. My machine is running 64-bit. I may change.

Oh, and of course the reason I went down this root in the first place was to be able to SSH into the box, I still can't. I even tried building with a different password, I can FTP in with that password but not SSH.
(2014-08-12, 12:35)Grand Total Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 12:00)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 00:35)Grand Total Wrote: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to compile it himself...

Thanks, if I could up your reputation I would, but I don't have enough posts yet.

My build works, but is not quite "right" somehow. For one thing it's several MB smaller than the build at the top of this thread.

I suspect also that you are using a 32-bit Linux machine to build on. My machine is running 64-bit. I may change.

Oh, and of course the reason I went down this root in the first place was to be able to SSH into the box, I still can't. I even tried building with a different password, I can FTP in with that password but not SSH.

I'm using 64-bit how big is your build
(2014-08-12, 13:52)AuXBoX Wrote: I'm using 64-bit how big is your build
It's 107,284,114 bytes.
As long as it works. I think I might have added a couple extra packages
(2014-08-12, 11:33)andymoreno Wrote:

Something like this was my plan, same image for both screens:
http://wallpaperpanda.com/wallpapers/jco...e78KAi.jpg

But I am also very interested in rolling my own, so will have a look at that as well. If you would compile one for me to get me going would be just pure awesome!

Ho hum, I failed on the starting line, my Mac doesn't do apt-get and homebrew doesn't seem to work here either... so if at all possible you could roll one with the image above I would be very grateful.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5