• 50(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
I discovered something really interesting today. I find that when trying to load new software my success rate is low, I'll try to flash the box maybe five times before I get success, or so I thought.

It turns out that when I power the box up while holding the reset switch for 10 seconds or so, my TV shows no video for about 8 seconds and then gets video, but is blank. All the instructions say wait for a couple of minutes while the screen is blank, but my screen stays blank forever which I took to be a failure to flash. What I discovered is that if I power the TV off and back on again then XBMC is on the screen, the box was flashed successfully, but my TV did not show anything.
Hey Guys,

I think I bricked the device, all help would be appreciated. I have the Geniatech atv310B (M3). I was flashing with the XDA developers gotham build. I copied all of the files to the SD card and placed it into my receiver. Then, I hit the reset button and plugged it into the power. However, My hand slipped and I accidentally let go of the reset button. Thinking that I had not not started the flash process correctly, I took it off power to do it again(I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT). Now, it won't turn on. It has not responded to some of the solutions of using a bootable SD card or placing certain files on the SD card and rebooting it while holding the reset button.

Does anyone have any possible solutions?

Thank you.
(2014-08-13, 19:23)valbaler17 Wrote: Hey Guys,

I think I bricked the device, all help would be appreciated. I have the Geniatech atv310B (M3). I was flashing with the XDA developers gotham build. I copied all of the files to the SD card and placed it into my receiver. Then, I hit the reset button and plugged it into the power. However, My hand slipped and I accidentally let go of the reset button. Thinking that I had not not started the flash process correctly, I took it off power to do it again(I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT). Now, it won't turn on. It has not responded to some of the solutions of using a bootable SD card or placing certain files on the SD card and rebooting it while holding the reset button.

Does anyone have any possible solutions?

Thank you.
Have you seen my post? It may help you to prepare a suitable SD card.

However if you have no lights on your box when you power it up, then you're problem may be more serious.
Thank you. I saw your post, but i don't understand exactly what you did. How did you copy the uboot to the sd card? Just drag and drop or did you write the image another way?
1.Download below firmware and don't unzip.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip
2.Copy all files into SD card root directory

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
spi_MX.bin
uboot_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip
uboot_MX.cmd
dd.exe

3.Run uboot_MX.cmd file on PC, it will pop up a window to remind you to continue, just press any buttonn until it automatically exit.
3.Insert SD card into the box;
4.Press and hold the upgrade button, plug in power adapter;
5.Hold the button for about 10 seconds, loosen upgrade button and wait about 1-2 minutes(screen has no display at this time),and then normally you will see robot screen;
6.It is updating the firmware, then wait about 2 mins.
7.After finished, the box will restart automatically.
Press THANK USER if I Help
My first observation is he is trying to flash a Gotham build to an M3 box. I understood that only Frodo 12.0 was available for those single core boxes. I am assuming Linux here of course. That may also be part or all of the problem too.

While on this subject does anyone know if a Linux Gotham build will ever be available for M3 boxes? I have a few friends still with those M3s though Frosi works well on them.
Cheers
Raymw
Hey AuXBoX any word if will see the new 14.0 come to a linux build come out soon? Thanks in advance.
(2014-08-14, 03:50)AccordXTC Wrote: Hey AuXBoX any word if will see the new 14.0 come to a linux build come out soon? Thanks in advance.

Will have to wait for official release of 14, then it probably be a while after that.
I'll keep you updated
(2014-08-14, 02:06)raymw Wrote: My first observation is he is trying to flash a Gotham build to an M3 box. I understood that only Frodo 12.0 was available for those single core boxes. I am assuming Linux here of course. That may also be part or all of the problem too.

While on this subject does anyone know if a Linux Gotham build will ever be available for M3 boxes? I have a few friends still with those M3s though Frosi works well on them.

It is available, I'll build one and post it
AuXBoX,

Thanks, looks promising. However, where can I get these files:

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
spi_MX.bin
uboot_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
uboot_MX.cmd
dd.exe

I have most of them except the final two.

Thanks
woops here you go
BOOTCARD
Thank you, post results soon.
AuXBoX,

No response at all. I have no lights on or anything at all. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Your gonna have to get a serial cable and open the device up
Download this and have a look
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryce61sqdw6q8i...0RS232.rar
Yeah, I was expecting something like that. The device is open, just need the serial cable now. What kind of serial cable would work? I cant seem to find the right one.

I found this, but I am not sure this will work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-to-TTL-Seria...43c7f48bfb

Also, does it matter that these files are and guides are designed for the MX boxes and mine is a M3 Box?
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5