• 51(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Yeah that's the one. You'll need to download android firmware for your device and swap it with the one on there
Press THANK USER if I Help
I'm something of a newbie here. I have a Sumvision Android X2 Dual Core Smart Media Enclosure http://www.sumvision.com/product/cyclone...-x-2/#over (which seems to be the same as a Geniatech ATV3000B). As far as I can tell it's all but identical to the Geniatech ATV1200 *but* with the inclusion of an internal Hard Drive.

It works fine on Android but I'd prefer to install XBMC/Linux on it.

Does anyone know if I install the XDA Developers Gotham Build if it will actually work? And if the need arises can I revert to the (Geniatech) Android firmware? Sumvision don't supply any firmware for it, so if I do need to revert to Android that seems to be the only version available.
Try this build for M3
MX_LINUX-M3-update 14-08-14

(2014-08-14, 19:37)retsibsi Wrote: I'm something of a newbie here. I have a Sumvision Android X2 Dual Core Smart Media Enclosure http://www.sumvision.com/product/cyclone...-x-2/#over (which seems to be the same as a Geniatech ATV3000B). As far as I can tell it's all but identical to the Geniatech ATV1200 *but* with the inclusion of an internal Hard Drive.

Does anyone know if I install the XDA Developers Gotham Build if it will actually work? And if the need arises can I revert to the (Geniatech) Android firmware? Sumvision don't supply any firmware for it, so if I do need to revert to Android that seems to be the only version available.

you need to find which board it uses.
(2014-08-14, 04:58)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 02:06)raymw Wrote: My first observation is he is trying to flash a Gotham build to an M3 box. I understood that only Frodo 12.0 was available for those single core boxes. I am assuming Linux here of course. That may also be part or all of the problem too.

While on this subject does anyone know if a Linux Gotham build will ever be available for M3 boxes? I have a few friends still with those M3s though Frosi works well on them.

It is available, I'll build one and post it

Hey many thanks if you can do that Auxbox. I am away on a motorbike touring holiday ATM but will be back home early to middle of next week so could test it then. Had no idea a Linux Gotham build was available for the M3 boxes and thought there never would be one so very happy to hear this news.
Cheers
Raymw
Hey, I got few questions regarding this software:

1) Does it work on MyGica Dual Core Enoy TV Box ATV1200?
2) Does this ROM include IPTV Simple PVR addon?
3) Does it support CVBS+Audio as Id like to connect it to old, CRT TV? Do i need t oset anything in options first on HDMI comptible device or will it work out of hand?
4) What should I flash in order to switch from Android to this mod and what to check before proceed?

Thank you in advance for all the answers!
Regards
(2014-08-15, 13:33)raymw Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 04:58)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 02:06)raymw Wrote: My first observation is he is trying to flash a Gotham build to an M3 box. I understood that only Frodo 12.0 was available for those single core boxes. I am assuming Linux here of course. That may also be part or all of the problem too.

While on this subject does anyone know if a Linux Gotham build will ever be available for M3 boxes? I have a few friends still with those M3s though Frosi works well on them.

It is available, I'll build one and post it

Hey many thanks if you can do that Auxbox. I am away on a motorbike touring holiday ATM but will be back home early to middle of next week so could test it then. Had no idea a Linux Gotham build was available for the M3 boxes and thought there never would be one so very happy to hear this news.

He already posted it. Look at his previous post.
(2014-08-15, 15:43)belliash Wrote: Hey, I got few questions regarding this software:

3) Does it support CVBS+Audio as Id like to connect it to old, CRT TV? Do i need t oset anything in options first on HDMI comptible device or will it work out of hand?
4) What should I flash in order to switch from Android to this mod and what to check before proceed?

Regards

Yes this works on atv1200. Just follow the instructions on the first page. As for the iptv simple pvr addon, not sure what that is but if it's an addon I don't see why not. You shouldn't need to do much if anything to get it to work out of the box
(2014-08-16, 00:45)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 15:43)belliash Wrote: Hey, I got few questions regarding this software:

Regards

Yes this works on atv1200. Just follow the instructions on the first page. As for the iptv simple pvr addon, not sure what that is but if it's an addon I don't see why not. You shouldn't need to do much if anything to get it to work out of the box

Yes, its addon. You can find it in addons -> Enabled / Disabled -> PVR clients. Could you check if it is available?
Also which files should I flash? There are a lot of links to images on 1st page and I'm not sure which one suits for ATV1200? Smile
Flash the Gotham build, pretty much every addon works. If it doesn't work how you want it to flash it back to android. Nothing will go wrong if you follow the instructions.
Make sure you DO NOT TURN THE BOX OFF during the flash process that's all you have to remember.
You mean Version 1. XDA Developers Gotham Build?
(2014-08-15, 00:30)AuXBoX Wrote: Try this build for M3
MX_LINUX-M3-update 14-08-14

(2014-08-14, 19:37)retsibsi Wrote: I'm something of a newbie here. I have a Sumvision Android X2 Dual Core Smart Media Enclosure http://www.sumvision.com/product/cyclone...-x-2/#over (which seems to be the same as a Geniatech ATV3000B). As far as I can tell it's all but identical to the Geniatech ATV1200 *but* with the inclusion of an internal Hard Drive.

you need to find which board it uses.

Well, after scratching my head a little I realised the file you sent me was an update file for the Geniatech build so I installed that (the version 3 Build on page 1) and then tried to update the box with the file you linked to. It started installing but about 40% of the way (judging by the progress bar) it aborted with the message

assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product") == "stvmc" // getprop("ro.product.device") ==

I tried several SD cards but without success so finally installed the Geniatech build update on Page 1, and all seems to be working, albeit with Frodo 12.3 (oddly, that update installed as a zip file as I forgot to change the file extension)
Ah well, I spoke too soon. I got carried away by the successful install of XBMC that I thought (if that's really the word) I'd try a Gotham build and installed the XDA Developer's build. If I'd read the instructions more carefully I'd have noticed that there weren't instructions for reverting to Android for that build (as there are for several of the other builds)

When I installed the XDA Developer's build the first things I noticed were that it didn't see the internal hard drive nor the wifi adaptor (the Geniatech Frodo build had recognised these) so I decided to revert back to that, and that's when my problems began. Several failed attempts later of both trying to first re-install the Geniatech build and later of reverting to Android (the Geniatech M3 firmware covers the ATV3000B, which is what I have) using the methods at Post #1 and the Bootcard method at Post #740 I'm now wondering if there is actually any way of doing this?

It's not a case of having "bricked" the box. It works, just not as well as it could.

PS I have tried using Putty but though the box responds to commands the password of "letmein" isn't recognised.

PPS Since typing the above I located a file on the XDA Developers website that fully reverted the box back to Android and it worked. So now, another attempt at installing XBMC/Linux with something that (I know) works. Serves me right for going charging in...
Hi, I've installed the "Version 1. XDA Developers Gotham Build" on my Sumvision Cyclone Slim2, all is good apart from the play/stop/pause buttons.

As retsibsi above I've tried to SSH into the box using superputty but it fails with root:letmein, which is odd as ftp using filezilla does let me login with those credentials.

Anyone got any clues for the putty login failure or indeed the keymapping for the remote control (I'm using a harmony remote, device set to Pivos Xios DS).

Cheers.
(2014-08-17, 19:25)murts Wrote: Hi, I've installed the "Version 1. XDA Developers Gotham Build" on my Sumvision Cyclone Slim2, all is good apart from the play/stop/pause buttons.

As retsibsi above I've tried to SSH into the box using superputty but it fails with root:letmein, which is odd as ftp using filezilla does let me login with those credentials.

Anyone got any clues for the putty login failure or indeed the keymapping for the remote control (I'm using a harmony remote, device set to Pivos Xios DS).

Cheers.

Sorted the keys myself just using Filezilla.
edited the remote.conf from /etc/xbmc to change the numbers 1-7 to:

0x92 0x19 ;Play (p)
0x93 0x39 ;Pause (space)
0xcc 0x2D ;Stop (x)
0x8e 0x33 ;Prev (,)
0x8f 0x34 ;Next (.)
0xc8 0x13 ;REW (r6)
0x8a 0x21 ;FWD (f)
0x8b 9 ;NUM8
0xc4 10 ;NUM9
0x87 11 ;NUM0

just shown numbers 8,9 and 0 as there were if it helps anyone else who needs to edit.

Then mapped the number keys on my harmony to the right button.
i.e. button 1 = button play
AuXBoX,

I received the wire today, and I first installed the drivers that were in the package. They did not work, so I found out that the chipset was PL2303HX. So I installed those drivers. When I connected the wire to the computer and plugged it in, TeraTerm did not recognize it. I followed the image that was in the package specifying which wire goes where, but I don't know if that applies to my ATV 310B. Below are two images for my receiver. Any idea where the wires go or if all of them have to be connected (Only 3 seem to fit, not enough room for all of them to fit well) ? And should I do anything else after connecting the wires and plugging it into power?

1- Black:GND
2 - Red:5V
3 - Green:TXD
4 - White:RXD

• 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5