You need to leave the red wire off.
take the power out from the back first.
connect the serial
open terra term
make sure the correct com port is selected in settings under serial port
plug power back in
and then follow the guide for terra term
Press THANK USER if I Help
Hey, no luck. I actually got a sound as if i plugged in new hardware, but nothing happened in the program. This is how I plugged it in and I switched the white (yellow arrow) and the green. The red was not connected.

Any ideas?

(2014-08-16, 13:54)AuXBoX Wrote: Flash the Gotham build, pretty much every addon works. If it doesn't work how you want it to flash it back to android. Nothing will go wrong if you follow the instructions.
Make sure you DO NOT TURN THE BOX OFF during the flash process that's all you have to remember.

Do you mean Version 1. XDA Developers Gotham Build?

Also what about PVR IPTVSimple addon and CVBS?
13.2 is now up on Corey's repo. I've built this for my own personal use but you can try it at your own risk ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k6vdnti3jvbeb...140820.zip

EDIT: just installed this and the upgrade deleted my guisettings.xml (to ensure compatibility for true1080 patch) so make sure you take a backup of this file or your entire .xbmc folder if you don't want to lose customizations. If you copy back your guisettings.xml file, delete the <resolutions> sections to ensure correct display in 1080 modes. You can prevent guisettings.xml being removed by creating the file /root/.xbmc/temp/.1080 (e.g. run command "touch /root/.xbmc/temp/.1080") before flashing this image.
Will post new build later with a lot of new fixes incl braodcom wifi
That is magic Auxbox so finally can install a Linux Gotham build with WiFI support on the ATV520 boxes :-)

BTW did you get a chance to look at compiling a Linux Gotham build for the older single core M3 boxes. I am back form holiday now and would love to test that. My son is over form the UK at the moment and goes back next week so would be good if I could flash his M3 box to Linux Gotham too. No problem if you have not got time right now mate as you know I totally appreciate all you do for this community here. If you ever come to Thailand I will buy you a drink or three :-)

Thanks also to Bobones for sharing your personal compile too for testing. This is the first up 13.2 Linux compile here too so well done, if I get a chance will have a look at that in the meantime.until AuxBox's final compile arrives. Good times indeed :-)
Cheers
Raymw
Looking at the commits, I'm not entirely convinced that the Broadcom WiFi fixes are complete. I could be wrong though. Looks like they've fixed the ssh login problem which seems to have been related to problems building on RH/CentOS. This wasn't a problem on my compiles which were done on Ubuntu. Frame buffer graphics when shutting down are fixed too.

https://github.com/CoreTech-Development/...ux/network
(2014-08-21, 08:27)bobones Wrote: Looking at the commits, I'm not entirely convinced that the Broadcom WiFi fixes are complete. I could be wrong though. Looks like they've fixed the ssh login problem which seems to have been related to problems building on RH/CentOS. This wasn't a problem on my compiles which were done on Ubuntu. Frame buffer graphics when shutting down are fixed too.

https://github.com/CoreTech-Development/...ux/network

I got my brother, who is a Unix in embedded systems professional, to look at the installation of corey's previous release and he said that SSH was not even installed. No wonder people could not open a shell! Wink
Heres a test of the update

MX_LINUX-G02REF-update-21-08-14
valbaler17 i cant reply to you inbox message it says you need to turn private messaging on
(2014-08-21, 12:12)AuXBoX Wrote: Heres a test of the update

BTW: Whats the device you flashed it on? Smile
(2014-08-21, 11:36)Pompey Monkey Wrote: I got my brother, who is a Unix in embedded systems professional, to look at the installation of corey's previous release and he said that SSH was not even installed. No wonder people could not open a shell! Wink
That would explain it I suppose, but what I don't understand is how some people supposedly are able to login. I think I'll take a close look at the build (when I get my Ubuntu partition working again).
(2014-08-21, 14:04)belliash Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 12:12)AuXBoX Wrote: Heres a test of the update

BTW: Whats the device you flashed it on? Smile

This is for all G02ref boards such as Geniatech ATV1200 and ATV520
Here's a another build to try aswell
MX_LINUX-G02REF-update 21-08-14
(2014-08-21, 14:11)Grand Total Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 11:36)Pompey Monkey Wrote: I got my brother, who is a Unix in embedded systems professional, to look at the installation of corey's previous release and he said that SSH was not even installed. No wonder people could not open a shell! Wink
That would explain it I suppose, but what I don't understand is how some people supposedly are able to login. I think I'll take a close look at the build (when I get my Ubuntu partition working again).
No, that doesn't explain it, because people with the problem actually get a login prompt from sshd so sshd is running despite what the Unix professional says. The problem seems to be related to detection of the mkpasswd function on some build platforms meaning that the /etc/shadow file containing the encrypted password for "letmein" was not created properly when built on these platforms.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5