• 296(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
I have been working steadily on the purchases support for the you tube plugin. I have submitted a PR, and will await its consideration. In the meantime I am hoping some of you might give it a try and let me know what works and what does not.

You can download the beta plugin with the enhancements from here:

https://github.com/pellcorp/youtube-xbmc...se_support

It won't clober your current youtube plugin as it is known as 'plugin.video.youtube.beta' when in git hub, none of my doing, that is the default for the git hub repo.

This works for both movies and tv series, but I have only a few purchases, so I have no tested pagination, not even sure how I would as I don't know what the formatting looks like.

There is a new "My Purchases" button that will provide access to your purchased videos. I did note that some of the context menu items are not going to be relevant to this section, such
as Download video, but they still appear. I guess I am going to have to figure out how to remove those too. Also the Video Information section is empty except for the thumbnail.

The plugin only supports loading the videos into Chrome. I have only tested it on the dev (38) release of chrome on ubuntu 14.04 and it appears to work well. I did note that it failed to load the purchases until I had cleared my oauth credentials on the settings file and logged in again, but only for the first time.

Also for the moment, the path to the chrome installation on linux must be:

/usr/bin/google-chrome

So create a soft link to this if you have it somewhere else. I would think some configuration relating to the location of the chrome installation, but perhaps additional browser support would be forthcoming. However for my purposes chrome 38 (dev release) on linux is functioning well.

Ensure you install xdotool if you want to automatically get rid of the mouse cursor, (just as is required for the netflixbmc plugin)

I used code from the netflixbmc authors chrome launcher,
(2014-08-23, 16:17)JasonPell Wrote: The plugin only supports loading the videos into Chrome.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this would be a great way to get Full HD 1080p for youtube videos? I tried your zip, but it wont load, something about file structure. Ever since google removed 1080p from HTML5, we have been stuck with 720p. Loading directly from XBMC into Chrome would be a great way to get 1080p; if the add on would automatically play full screen and 1080p, otherwise their are extensions for that. I am very interested in this fork.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
Hi,

The zip from github is in the wrong format. You need to take the contents of the plugin directory within the zip and create a zip file. That should work.

I have refined the process of loading videos into chrome, but it only works on linux, as that is all I can test. It was a royal pain in the butt getting youtube and chrome to cooperate with full screen that would allow me to use lirc and irxevent to pause / resume playback in the player, but it does work. You need to install xdotool.

The functionality only touches purchases, I have not done anything else.

So again there is a manual step. Take the zip from github:

wget https://github.com/pellcorp/youtube-xbmc...upport.zip
cd youtube-xbmc-plugin-purchase_support/plugin/
zip -r youtube-xbmc.plugin.zip *

Or you can do this:

git clone https://github.com/pellcorp/youtube-xbmc-plugin.git
cd youtube-xbmc-plugin
git checkout purchase_support

Create a soft link to the plugin directory to the ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube.beta

The purchase_support_fixes branch is where I am playing around with moving the logic to start irxevent, and call xdotool to an external browser.sh script to make it simpler to customise for specific requirements. The key item that gets us full screen is the xdotool call.

xdotool search "Google Chrome" windowactivate --sync mousemove 800 800 click --repeat 2 1

This double click activates yotube full screen mode. This seems to be preferred to chrome --kiosk mode as it allows the keyboard to control playback, as the double click also focuses the player.
I have set the max resolution in settings to 720p, however when I play YT live streams the resolution is set to 1080. I understand from an earlier post that this is set based on available bandwidth, but with my pi I'm getting too much lag.
That earlier post suggested as a makeshift fix to change the throttle in the internet settings on xbmc, but it would be great if there was a way to change the live stream resolution from within the add-on.
Thanks!
(2014-08-24, 18:20)ragedogg69 Wrote:
(2014-08-23, 16:17)JasonPell Wrote: The plugin only supports loading the videos into Chrome.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this would be a great way to get Full HD 1080p for youtube videos? I tried your zip, but it wont load, something about file structure. Ever since google removed 1080p from HTML5, we have been stuck with 720p. Loading directly from XBMC into Chrome would be a great way to get 1080p; if the add on would automatically play full screen and 1080p, otherwise their are extensions for that. I am very interested in this fork.

The URL used for the purchase external browser is a HTML 5 embedded player URL. So that would need to use the /v/videoid for the flash player.

I can't get flash working in chrome for YouTube. Although the adobe site confirms the plugin works
(2014-08-25, 00:47)JasonPell Wrote: I can't get flash working in chrome for YouTube.

Oh bummer. If there was some way just to send the link to chrome from the add on, that could solve some of the annoyances when google changes code. Even as a context menu option.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
That would certainly be possible. The YoutubeBrowser I added takes a video id only and then figures out how to call the browser including any magic for remote controls.

Check the browser.sh in purchases_support branch of my repo.

Its possible it's a Ubuntu issue or there might be an easier fix for flash. But I only use HTML 5 anyway
(2014-03-07, 06:13)Blacksmith Wrote: I don't know if this problem has been posted here, but I've googled everywhere and can't seem to solve my problem.

Awhile ago, google was spamming me to signup a google+ youtube account everytime I posted a comment. I finally caved in a created one, because it was getting annoying. It then split my account into two, one with all my history and subscriptions that I renamed, and the other a blank with my email address as the username.

This creates all sorts of problems when logging in. When I sign in with the xbmc youtube addon it logs in to the blank account, although in the youtube settings I have it set to default to the main one when logging in. I tried logging in with the google+ email directly associated with the main account, but I always get a Login Failed error.

What do i do?

Exaclty same problem, login always on main accout Google profile not my YouTube channel

By the way, maybe someone will to know, how can I transfer my YouTube channel profile to my main Google accout profile ?
Can you enable Debug in the plugin and post the relevant parts of the log file. Post them to pastebin instead of into a forum post.
OK I will post debug, but in this debug you will not see any problems with log in because it's login okey but not on default set YouTube channel in YouTube profile settings in my main account.
I'm login using email adress, when I try to use my YouTube channel name it not login.

Here are Advanced settings from YouTube site my main Google accout
As you can see, default YouTube channel is set "PeterMacPL" but when I try login by this email adress it not login on this default set channel but login only on Google account "Peter Mac"

Please fix that!

Sorry but I don't know where is this pastebin Smile and where to pase it
Hello, i have trouble opening youtube links generated by this plugin on MPC-HC, i get "Impossible to read the file" most of the time (it worked twice).

Link generated looks like this
https://r14---sn-5hn7sner.googlevideo.co...x%2F16.0.1

my playercorefactory is

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true" dvdfile="true" dvdimage="true" dvd="true" internetstream="false">
        <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
        <args>"{1}" /audiorenderer 9 /fullscreen /play /close</args>
        <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
        <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule protocols="^((?!http|!https).)*$" />
    <rule filetype="mkv|mp4|avi|m2ts|iso" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

If i download the file and open it instead of streaming it it works.

If i play it using XBMC and not HPC-HC it do work. I don't understand why the redirect to MPC-HC fails, could someone give me a hand ?
so everytime I attempt to download, it hangs on 93%, and won't finish... ideas?

http://pastebin.com/cCWz1xX5
Hi,

Is there a way to show length for every video in search results?
(2014-09-03, 00:29)Dudenell Wrote: so everytime I attempt to download, it hangs on 93%, and won't finish... ideas?

http://pastebin.com/cCWz1xX5

You are still on frodo? Failure to install the plugin is more of a general frodo question. However I don't think
Frodo is supported anymore

The log seems pretty clear.

Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...4.4.10.zip
19:12:43 T:6036 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
19:12:43 T:6036 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.

Why have you resisted upgrading
hi,
at the moment "self.xbmc.executebuiltin("Container.SetViewMode(500)")" (line 112 and 492 in YouTubeNavigation.py) also gets called when we skinners use your plugin to fill lists inside the skin (with <content>plugin://....</content>). Would be great if you would change that or add an " and (self.xbmc.getSkinDir() == "skin.confluence")" to the if-statement since the setting description also suggests that this setting is confluence-only.
thx. Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
  • 296(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28