• 80(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
As said - this thread is about the boblight addon - client side.

If OpenElec works better for you it has something to do with the server side (i know they are providing a boblight daemon addon).

So all you need imo is to use the same server side configuration for both your setups (meaning copy the boblight.conf from the openelec installation to wherever your boblight daemon is running in your other setup configuration).

The client side addon is identical on openelec whith what we provide in our repository. So are its default values. (if not i have to kick someones butt on openelec side).

For the meaning of settings please read the first post of this thread under the topic "meaning of settings" where i have tried to explain it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-09-04, 17:34)Memphiz Wrote: As said - this thread is about the boblight addon - client side.

If OpenElec works better for you it has something to do with the server side (i know they are providing a boblight daemon addon).

So all you need imo is to use the same server side configuration for both your setups (meaning copy the boblight.conf from the openelec installation to wherever your boblight daemon is running in your other setup configuration).

The client side addon is identical on openelec whith what we provide in our repository. So are its default values. (if not i have to kick someones butt on openelec side).

For the meaning of settings please read the first post of this thread under the topic "meaning of settings" where i have tried to explain it.
boblight.conf is client created-it's the same, i mean i use the same file for my OpenElec and windows XBMC... The bad is this addon, not boblight. This add-on good for amblilight effect...which is for old people only..i want responsive leds. Im losing hope here... looks ike nobody using this addon or just dont care.
I use and it works.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-09-04, 21:31)Martijn Wrote: I use and it works.

WHo says that it doesnt? It just works, but not good. If there is some green dots in midle of screen and top is dark..the top leds is green.. WTF.. it have to be dimmed, and so on..i dont neeed it to just work.. I gues python is written bad and it takes too much of video, not just corners.
Yeah python is written bad. Move on ...

BTW as you seem to not wanna read what i write:

https://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/boblightconf

look for hscan and vscan. And yep this is the server side configuration (which is btw written in C and not part of the addon we are discussing here but rather prerequisite) ... (you know that server and client can run on the same rig do you?)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-09-04, 23:29)Memphiz Wrote: Yeah python is written bad. Move on ...

BTW as you seem to not wanna read what i write:

https://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/boblightconf

look for hscan and vscan. And yep this is the server side configuration (which is btw written in C and not part of the addon we are discussing here but rather prerequisite) ... (you know that server and client can run on the same rig do you?)

Am telling like 10th time - boblight config is THE SAME as in my OpenELEC. So in windows i have to make different boblight.conf even thou the tv and lightpack is the same? I just removed OpenELEC and instaled Win7, because openelec restarting too often, but lightpack is the same, so boblight config is used the same as in openELEC. And openElec seems not to have additional settings for boblight, as this Add-on does. That's why i think that settings or python who captures image and sends RGB codes is bad. But well, i do no program in python, nor i do know XBMC api.

look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0CtprBB19k
it works bad as mine now. Colors are incorrect. does not suite the real ones (im not talking about identical or something, it just shows blue when it have to be lets say green Smile )

Lets say this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQWhYzBu5V8 shows good. THsi im getting with OpenELEC. if there is no colors in particular place-it wont be on leds in that side...now -it always shines like xmas tree Smile
(2014-09-05, 08:25)Tommix Wrote: And openElec seems not to have additional settings for boblight, as this Add-on does.

The addon referred to in this thread is exactly the same as the boblight addon in OpenELEC as far as I can see, the settings pages seem identical. The version number is the same (2.0.9).

But perhaps you are confusing this addon with the OpenELEC boblightd (note the d on the end). This provides the daemon to run on an openelec machine. It doesn't seem to have any settings accessible from the XBMC GUI.

Where are you putting your boblight.conf in openelec? I just installed the daemon addon on openelec and the settings file is:

/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.boblightd/boblight.conf

Also, when you are running the XBMC boblight addon on windows, where is your boblightd? You must have another machine configured to run boblightd. Have you tried openelec using the remote boblightd?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-05, 09:46)nickr Wrote:
(2014-09-05, 08:25)Tommix Wrote: And openElec seems not to have additional settings for boblight, as this Add-on does.

The addon referred to in this thread is exactly the same as the boblight addon in OpenELEC as far as I can see, the settings pages seem identical. The version number is the same (2.0.9).

But perhaps you are confusing this addon with the OpenELEC boblightd (note the d on the end). This provides the daemon to run on an openelec machine. It doesn't seem to have any settings accessible from the XBMC GUI.

Where are you putting your boblight.conf in openelec? I just installed the daemon addon on openelec and the settings file is:

/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.boblightd/boblight.conf

Also, when you are running the XBMC boblight addon on windows, where is your boblightd? You must have another machine configured to run boblightd. Have you tried openelec using the remote boblightd?

Yes am talking about OpenELEC repository boblighD addon. not this one. My original question was-how to make LEDs work like BoblightD addon. There It works correctly.I dont think that having ability to change settings but dont have good working things is better than do not have settings but have good working leds. AM really thankfull for this Add-On i just want be able to make it work better. But settings seems to not do anything. It ether works or stops working if i change settings. Looks like maybe the dll which talks to boblightd is bad?? (maybe) if this add-on sends good info-then the DLL is bad.

Now with this Add-on lighpack is just lamp with changing colors.. does not reflect the video..well..almost does not reflect.
When you are running XBMC-boblight addon on windows, where is your boblightd running?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-05, 10:40)nickr Wrote: When you are running XBMC-boblight addon on windows, where is your boblightd running?

I have compiled version of boblightd in XBMC\boblightd folder. i also put there config of boblightd. When windows starts it runs bat file, bat file calls boblightd and via parameters sends location of config file. All working as i say, you looking at wrong place Smile It just works not as i want Smile Now it's just ambient light. Wich is good if you are old or epileptic... i have 10x9 strips of leds, and looks like only 4... because in many cases all 3 groups in top/bot lights up the same color...And it should be that midle strip have it's own colors, top-left, top-right too. Im saying-just like ambient light.. i showed you in my previuos posts with youtube examples Smile

Boblightd runs in the same HTPC, not in other. This Add-on shows COnnected to boblight. all good.
OK I didn't realise boblightd ran on windows. Obviously things have changed since the first post in this thread.
(2014-09-05, 11:12)nickr Wrote: OK I didn't realise boblightd ran on windows. Obviously things have changed since the first post in this thread.

Since mine? Nothing changed. I was comparing OpenElec boblightd addon vs this one. OpenElec one works nice, responsive, this one with the same boblightd compiled for windows, and with the same boblight.conf works very differently. I was thinking that this maybe due to settings, but now i see settings do not change anything. That's why i need some help. Ether python part is wrong, ether the controller (dll file) which is used by this add-on is bad.
I guess people do not complain because they didn't saw the difference so they don't understand what they are missing Smile
I said things have obviously changed since first post in this thread, which says boblightd only runs on linux.

This addon is in no way comparable to Openelec boblightd addon, because the addon in this thread IS NOT BOBLIGHTD!!! It is a boblightd CLIENT.
(2014-09-05, 11:15)Tommix Wrote: I guess people do not complain because they didn't saw the difference so they don't understand what they are missing Smile

Or everyone else has it right and you're the one who has set it up wrong Wink

What you're describing is configured via boblightd, not this add-on. You've gotten something wrong somewhere along the line.
Yep Tommix seems totally confused...
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3