• 13(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
(2014-09-12, 03:25)mrdally204 Wrote:
(2014-09-12, 01:51)kroegtijger Wrote: Running Gotham 13.2 on Windows 8 x64 and 8.1 x64, and on both i dont get the second audio output option with https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bmyfssbrdw47w...o-r019.zip

Any ideas?

Explain step by step how you installed the patch and maybe we can help Smile

Downloaded the patch, renamed xbmc.exe to xbmc.old.exe placed the "new" xbmc.exe in the folder. Did the same with the system\*.xml-files in the zip-file and started XBMC. Changed skin back to confluence (i'm using Aeon MQ5 normally) but that didnt make any difference either.
I also have problems running this. I am running Windows 7 Gotham 13.2 and I replaced the files from the package. I can configure both audio devices (I see them in the menu). I select WASAPI HDMI passthrough for my AVR and WASAPI stereo for my headphones. Once I start a movie, I don't have audio and after 5 seconds I lose the video (blackscreen). The application doesn't crash, I can pause it, return to the menu etc. I have audio through my AVR in the XBMC menu though but not in the movie as explained. I tried with DTS mkv files.
Hi, I think you can't use wasapi 2 Times. Try wasapi for hdmi and directx for the headphones...
(2014-09-12, 09:33)kroegtijger Wrote:
(2014-09-12, 03:25)mrdally204 Wrote:
(2014-09-12, 01:51)kroegtijger Wrote: Running Gotham 13.2 on Windows 8 x64 and 8.1 x64, and on both i dont get the second audio output option with https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bmyfssbrdw47w...o-r019.zip

Any ideas?

Explain step by step how you installed the patch and maybe we can help Smile

Downloaded the patch, renamed xbmc.exe to xbmc.old.exe placed the "new" xbmc.exe in the folder. Did the same with the system\*.xml-files in the zip-file and started XBMC. Changed skin back to confluence (i'm using Aeon MQ5 normally) but that didnt make any difference either.
Ok, seems to be working fine now. The issue was due to a lack of permissions on the XBMC-folder after replacing the files. XBMC was unable to write the changes made in the configuration, and therefor didnt show anything at all. After giving the user full control on all files and folders it seems to work fine now. Simple fix luckily Smile
(2014-09-15, 11:53)tullm Wrote: Hi, I think you can't use wasapi 2 Times. Try wasapi for hdmi and directx for the headphones...

There is no limitation in Windows (I am a software dev myself and I used WASAPI and DirectSound) that prevents 2 devices to use WASAPI but I also had the same idea. I used DirectSound for headphones and I had the same results. I also disabled passthrough for the AVR because I thought maybe the passthrough setting has to be the same for both devices but I also got the same results.
I got this error when installing on a XBMCBuntu Gotham 13.2 system

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/xhbl/xbmc_dualaudio.git xbmc
apt-get build-dep xbmc
cd xbmc
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr ---disable-debug
make -j4

make install
Copying XBMC binary to /usr/local/lib/xbmc/
install: cannot stat `xbmc-xrandr': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1
root@server:/root/xbmc#

I solved this by doing
Code:
make xbmc-randr
make xbmc-bin
make install

Afther this all works fine, many thanks !!Rofl
First of all, thank you very much for your work on this. i tried your openelec binary but installation cannot continue after selecting install. No matter what stick I use or on how many computers I download it... Installing DA's version works though. But there are some issues on Haswell i3 NUC. for some reason, the analog out does not output sound to regular headphones. But if I connect an external USB sound card (creative recon3d) and select it, the dual audio works when I connect the headphone jack to the sound card. The sound card needs either optical or line signals as input, when not using a Windows OS.
Any ideas, why a simple headphone is not supported as analaog audio output device?
xhbl,

Would it be possible to integrate this DXVA fix into your build aswell?

They say it's now fixed in 14.0 master branch, but you never know ... and there's no dualaudio patch for v14 yet.

thanks in advance!!!
"One never knows" ... just download the nightly and see it fixed ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
true, but master nightly doesnt have dualaudio support, or does it?
(2014-09-18, 21:36)mmandel Wrote: xhbl,

Would it be possible to integrate this DXVA fix into your build aswell?

They say it's now fixed in 14.0 master branch, but you never know ... and there's no dualaudio patch for v14 yet.

thanks in advance!!!

nevermind, this fix doesnt work for me anyway ...
DXVA is working for me (Radeon HD6320) with 14.0 alpha 3 build. just have to wait 'til dualaudio is available in v14 ...
Hello

I've installed Openelec 4.1.6 on my raspberry pi B, and after I've installed OpenELEC-RPi.arm.DA-4.1.6.tar
I have the good menu for the 2 audio output
For the movie it's ok, the 2 audio's output run but for music i have just the hdmi's output nothing on the jack's output...

I would buy an usb dac after, it is possible to have hdmi and dac audio's output with your patch? ( usb dac or hifiberry or soundcard)

Thank you ( sorry for my english i'm french )
(2014-09-24, 09:55)marotcho Wrote: I've installed Openelec 4.1.6 on my raspberry pi B, and after I've installed OpenELEC-RPi.arm.DA-4.1.6.tar
I have the good menu for the 2 audio output

Thanks for your feedback, now the patch is verified to work for RPi in general.
As I don't own a RPi i can't check what's going wrong when playing music - but I never checked music playback with dual audio output on my system either.
Maybe it's a general problem with the patch + music playback ... or for RPi there has to be done some more work ...
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
hello

I would use my rpi on mediacenter and possibility to listen music on my stereo amp with tv off.

I try openelec 4.0.6 with basic dual output. I have the same problem, music don't play on jack.
the music player didn't manage dual output., i had to change for omxplayer ( i have omxplayer on my OE? dvdplayer is idem? )

http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...dio-output ( I never succeed.... I discover linux when i bought my rpi and i don't know codding )

it's not possible to do that for your patch? apparently the video's player is ok, but he can play mp3 and flac?
and last question maybe the most important :
with your patch if i have a dac i can use it on 2nd audio output after hdmi? dac, hifiberry or other solution

thank you for your work
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9