[DEPRECATED] Pushbullet
I've joined forces with muttley:db and we've merged our addons into one.

Go to the following thread to get it, or if you've already installed my repository, use that.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=204567

I suggest you un-install my addon before installing, otherwise you will have 2 Pushbullet addons with the same name :)

Push videos, images, addresses, notes and lists to your Kodi/XBMC device.

Examples:
  • Push a video from the Android YouTube app to Kodi and have it play instantly
  • Push an image and view it on your Kodi device
  • Push an address and view it in a map view on your Kodi device
  • Push a list and check/uncheck items
  • Push a note and read it on you Kodi device

It's still got some things to be added, for instance general file pushing, image saving, non-video link handling, creating pushes, etc - but it is working well so far.

You will need to authorize from the addon settings and add the device. I've created a new OAuth helper module that works with a new server I have setup, so let me know if you have any issues with authorization.

On my REPO.

Cool! The experience is not instantaneous like is in Android app, but I liked it! At least for Youtube links it is working fine, but for images link and other Pushbullet it does nothing on my end.

Also the Pushbullet in Kodi program list does nothing here. I think it is suppose to open a list like the screenshot on #1 post, right?

Thanks for your effort, hopes you fix current bugs soon.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2014-09-21, 00:59)tinybutstrong Wrote: Cool! The experience is not instantaneous like is in Android app, but I liked it! At least for Youtube links it is working fine, but for images link and other Pushbullet it does nothing on my end.

Also the Pushbullet in Kodi program list does nothing here. I think it is suppose to open a list like the screenshot on #1 post, right?

Thanks for your effort, hopes you fix current bugs soon.
Well it seems like you must have been able to authorize it fine anyway.

Most likely the issues are platform related. What platform are you running Kodi on, and what version of Kodi?

Also, just FYI it should work with hundreds of other sites such as Vimeo or whatever, either via sharing from an app or from a browser.
I just realized that I never actually updated my repo with the new version Smile
The version on my repository was an early pre-release testing version.

I fixed that. If you update the addon, you should get much better results Smile
Oh yeah, new version is working better, much better xD.

Only limitation for now is no support for direct link to images/video. I've tried .jpg, .mp4, both failed, it says "No handler for this type of push". Sending image as attached file in Pushbullet (push files) page worked though. Any way to make it to work?

ps: any chance to make your youtube-dl to work together with pushbullet? Tongue
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
The addon already uses the youtube-dl module to handle video links. This should work by pushing the video page for supported sites or sharing/pushing the video if you're using an app.

I've already got file/image download working for the next version, and I'll add direct video/image link playing as well.
Information 
Version 0.1.1

Changes:
  • Added the ability to download file and link pushes
  • Added the ability to play link and file pushes that point to media files
  • Added media type sub-icons
  • List view will now update checkboxes dynamically when toggled remotely
  • Now caches video thumbnails when 'Load Video Thumbnails' is enabled

On my REPO.
Just FYI - site video downloads, for YouTube page links and the like, won't work yet. That will be in the next version.
Information 
Version 0.1.2

Changes:
  • Added ability to download video page links via youtube-dl module
  • Added success/fail dialogs on downloads

On my REPO.
What do you think to support p2p links (Acestream and Sopcast) if user has the addon bellow installed:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201894

Then you can start streaming sop://... and acestream://.. links.
Information 
Version 0.1.3

Changes:
  • Added crappy fanart Smile
  • Added support for sop:// and acestream:// protocol links (requires P2P-Streams addon)
  • Added support for mms://, rtsp:// and rtmp:// protocol links

On my REPO.

tinybutstrong: I haven't actually tested any acestream links. Test it out and let me know if it works. I did test SopCast links and got them to work. Adding the support was easy, testing was the hard part because I had to get P2P-Streams installed and configured and then find workable links. I ended up playing a video from within the plugin and taking the link from the log and manually pushing that. Let me know if you get some actual links off the web to work, I didn't try that hard to find any good ones.
ruuk, this is very cool. I hadn't heard of Pushbullet before, but it is very useful.

Just to note that I had to restart XBMC to get it to work properly, but after I did that all seems to be well! That would have been 0.1.1 on linux.

Thanks for this great addon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-24, 01:41)nickr Wrote: ruuk, this is very cool. I hadn't heard of Pushbullet before, but it is very useful.

Just to note that I had to restart XBMC to get it to work properly, but after I did that all seems to be well! That would have been 0.1.1 on linux.

Thanks for this great addon.

I'll see if I can duplicate that.

Just for your (and everyone else's) information, if you combine Pushbullet with ifttt.com you can do some cool things. For example you can set it up so that every time you favorite a video on YouTube you get a push with the video link. Other sites that you could connect in various ways would be Vimeo, Instagram and flickr - to name a few that come to mind.
Information 
Version 0.1.4

Changes:
  • Fix for some protocols being handled as media file links in some instances
  • Fix for service not starting on initial install
  • Fix for service errors when addon is authorized but the device is not linked/added yet

On my REPO.

(2014-09-24, 01:41)nickr Wrote: Just to note that I had to restart XBMC to get it to work properly, but after I did that all seems to be well! That would have been 0.1.1 on linux.

Thanks for bringing this up. Turns out that having the addon declared a program first and a service second made the service not start on install.
It's brilliant! I have no other word to describe this addon. I removed Play IT from my end, your addon rules!

Acestream/Soupcast working fine. Direct link to images working instantly. The experience is like if it was an official Pushbullet plugin Big Grin

ps: message/notification push not working properly, it just opens a blank/white screen (in auto/service mode). If you need log let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED] Pushbullet0