• 59(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-09-24, 09:16)boe2 Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 06:12)Matze001 Wrote: Additionally to the German forum, question/remarks here:

Seems that under Windows only the Netflix Metro App delivers Dolby/Sorround Sound. With the our addon here (which I highly appreciate) you can get only Stereo (regardless IE or Chrome). Question is whether or not one could "use" the Metro App in the addon because of this capability. Using Advanced Launcher is possible but - in my case - difficult to use...

Any other ideas...?

Cheers,

Mat

Wouldn't it be easier then to make a launcher shortcut to the Windows 8 netflix app rather than using netflixbmc? Then you get to use their nice (official) netflix browser as well.

I've been thinking of doing something similar with an android app player on linux, but it would be really difficult to map their touch interface to a remote.

You are right - that is an alternative. On the other hand I like netflixbmc as it runs smoothly. With the shortcut alternative to the Netflix Metro App I experience regular crashes as well as problems with my remote... My only issue - to be honest - is the missing Dolby support in netflixbmc...
Ok I have a few questions.

Netflixbmc is working but :
- no sound.
- no hd quality.

When I'm in openbox (wich is also launched with the script.) netflix keeps loading movies forever so i cant test picture quality nor netflix sound.
Audio is however working in openbox AND chrome. Youtube vids do play audio.

What makes this different?
What to test any sollution?
I used to have this working, but had to reinstall windows. Now, I only get a script error when trying to run. Fresh install of Windows 8.1, Gotham 13.2, NetfliXBMC, chrome launcher. Chrome launcher works fine with leanback.

log: http://pastebin.com/2d61HC0P

Any ideas about what could be causing this?

Thanks
v1.3.3:
- Fixed adding "My List" to library for multi-profile accounts
- Added fake video playback to avoid notification when playing via library
- Fixed bug with enabled "Play the next video automatically" setting when playing via library

(2014-09-21, 23:11)kamegami Wrote: First adding MyList to the Library does not work. I found I was able to get the function def addMyListToLibrary(): to work if I added:
Forgot to set the profile. Thanks for mentioning.

(2014-09-21, 23:50)christoofar Wrote: Edit: One issue that I'm seeing is that programming seems to only playing in 2 channel, not surround. Is there some setting somewhere that I missed?
I have a 7.1 Pioneer AVR settting s to pass thru, and my NAS'd movies play in full surround.
I don't really know if surround is already supported by the HTML5 Player. Maybe you can find an answer via google or the netflix support.

(2014-09-22, 04:00)Trigonous Wrote: In addition, are there any hotkeys when using the HTML5 playback? That would make the AHK script much easier to use.
See first first.

(2014-09-22, 04:00)Trigonous Wrote: EDIT: What does NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe do other than move the mouse? Does it handle the key mappings as well?
It's mainly for keymapping and hiding the mouse.

(2014-09-22, 04:00)Trigonous Wrote: I just notice that it seems to keep running even if I exit XBMC, and it then prevents me from launching XBMC again unless I end the process.
If you use it, you have to exit playback via the mapped key. See first post for default keymappings.

(2014-09-22, 15:59)jawilljr Wrote: You still the User Agent string.
When using this addon, you don't need to change the UA. The addon handles it - see first post.

(2014-09-22, 16:08)HenryFord Wrote: Am I correct in assuming that I still need to change the UA in the current chrome stable when using Win7?

Edit:
So I tried EVERYTHING, but with Chrome Stable, I simply cannot get Netflix to load in HTML5. It just doesn't do it. With Chrome beta? Yeah, no problem whatsoever.
The UA does not need to be changed. Maybe your Chrome version is not up-to-date. I just tested it with the latest stable ().

(2014-09-22, 18:41)Delivereath Wrote: Trying to use netflixbmc on xbmcbuntu but I only get empty lists when looking for movies.
If works for tv series but not movies.
Strange. Same requests are made for movies/tv. It's just filtered by the addon.

(2014-09-22, 18:41)Delivereath Wrote: And it also takes a lot time when browsing in tv series. I always get a "loading metadata" which takes between 10 and 30 seconds to complete.
See first post. Metadata gets cached...

(2014-09-23, 01:52)charettepa Wrote: the issue is definately the control utility
The HTML5 Player does not support all functions. For example volume up/down. Also, not all keys are accepted.

(2014-09-23, 19:51)kubax Wrote: Now i only have to investigate why i only get half screen, and fix my remote..

But for this problems, i'll re-read the thrad, as those are answered allready (if i recall it right...) Smile
If you are using xbmcbuntu (or similar small distros) you may need to install a window manager. It could cause your problem.

(2014-09-24, 01:10)kamegami Wrote: Adding movies to the Library does not work.
With the "Play the next video automatically" setting off then it appears there is only one item on the playlist and it will loop it 100 times.
To solve this problem, add at the end of playVideo method in default.py the following line:
xbmc.PlayList(xbmc.PLAYLIST_VIDEO).clear()
Because playback is not done via Chrome, XBMC could not know when the videos are finished. I never used the "Play the next video automatically" - so I did not noticed it.
I added clearing the playlist to prevent problems...

(2014-09-24, 03:23)Mulky Wrote: Is there a simple way to configure the remote or a third app that I have missed installing that allows my remote to function?
You can do this via the addon settings.

(2014-09-24, 03:23)Mulky Wrote: I am also unsure what the webremote option means, should I have this enabled?
It's for controlling Netflix playback via iOS/Android Apps.

(2014-09-24, 06:12)Matze001 Wrote: Seems that under Windows only the Netflix Metro App delivers Dolby/Sorround Sound. With the our addon here (which I highly appreciate) you can get only Stereo (regardless IE or Chrome). Question is whether or not one could "use" the Metro App in the addon because of this capability. Using Advanced Launcher is possible but - in my case - difficult to use...
Unfortunately, the Metro App does not support keyboards/remotes (afaik).

(2014-09-24, 19:39)Komerad Wrote: Ok I have a few questions.

Netflixbmc is working but :
- no sound.
- no hd quality.
Looks like you have problems with your system/setup. HD is only available if your connection is fast enough.
You should contact the Netflix support to fix your playback problems.

(2014-09-24, 22:23)ICEx Wrote: I used to have this working, but had to reinstall windows. Now, I only get a script error when trying to run. Fresh install of Windows 8.1, Gotham 13.2, NetfliXBMC, chrome launcher. Chrome launcher works fine with leanback.

Thanks
Looks like you have problems with ssl. If you are using a proxy, make sure it supports https/ssl.
(2014-09-25, 00:23)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.3.3:
- Fixed adding "My List" to library for multi-profile accounts
- Added fake video playback to avoid notification when playing via library
- Fixed bug with enabled "Play the next video automatically" setting when playing via library

(2014-09-23, 01:52)charettepa Wrote: the issue is definately the control utility

The HTML5 Player does not support all functions. For example volume up/down. Also, not all keys are accepted.

i can no longer map any button on my remote
they all show up as control shift

i used to map play and pause as play and pause
and rewind and ff to rewind and ff
and alt + f4 was mapped to stop instead of backspace
as you will inevitably hit back by accident and the whole thing stops
the stop button is more intuative

it is now working as i reset to your defaults
but i cant map any keys at all
so all that works is left right select and back
everytime i press pause or play as i forget that i must use select
i get a printer dialogue
So i am running xbmc on top of ubuntu 14.04 with this addon and the netflix addon. When my content plays I have a solid white bar along the bottom and right side of video. I dont know if its the chrome addon or netflix. Can anyone help?

Thanks

J
(2014-09-25, 05:20)bajjer9 Wrote: So i am running xbmc on top of ubuntu 14.04 with this addon and the netflix addon. When my content plays I have a solid white bar along the bottom and right side of video. I dont know if its the chrome addon or netflix. Can anyone help?

Thanks

J

Can you get a screenshot of it
(2014-09-25, 05:20)bajjer9 Wrote: So i am running xbmc on top of ubuntu 14.04 with this addon and the netflix addon. When my content plays I have a solid white bar along the bottom and right side of video. I dont know if its the chrome addon or netflix. Can anyone help?

Thanks

J

Had the same problem myself: in my case it was solved by double-clicking the chrome window running Netflix setting it to 'full-screen'. It stayed full-screen from then on, also after changing movies...

Try it, hope it works
(2014-09-25, 00:23)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 22:23)ICEx Wrote: I used to have this working, but had to reinstall windows. Now, I only get a script error when trying to run. Fresh install of Windows 8.1, Gotham 13.2, NetfliXBMC, chrome launcher. Chrome launcher works fine with leanback.

Thanks
Looks like you have problems with ssl. If you are using a proxy, make sure it supports https/ssl.

No proxy, but I'm using DNS servers from Ad-free time! and switching back to google's let NetfliXBMC launch. Now the only issue is that when I close the Netflix window (ctrl-w, alt-f4, numpad 0) XBMC crashes.

this is the full log from starting XBMC to the crash, looks like the last bit of NetfliXBMC is at line 620
http://pastebin.com/m60mcj1p
@AddonScriptorDE:

Thanks for your great work with this add-on. As far as I can see things are running very smoothly since latest releases.
Also like your approach with including the suggested categories.

Just to notice: I've included extended support for your add-on in my skin, like direct access widgets and the possibility to "switch" the libraries to netflix content.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201061

Keep up the great work, i'm a big fan!
hi i 'm using 13.2 gotham on a boxee box Installed addon and It Works untill i select a content It wil not start, does anyone have a suggestion to my fix problem

thnx. Stefan
Regarding the not functioning remote issues:

Using Windows 7 with XBMC 13.2 and the latest NetfliXBMC and Chrome beta.

I noticed that even without NetfliXBMC you ran into trouble when XBMC is running and you start to play a video with Netflix via Chrome browser.
The keys (even on the keyboard) that normally work when only Chrome is running (for instance to pause the video with space or the enter key) don't work as soon as XBMC is also running.
As soon as there is some mouse interaction they start to work again.

Hope this helps into finding a solution to the problems.
(2014-09-25, 06:46)Frozin Wrote:

Thanks

J

Can you get a screenshot of it

I got it by downloading the dev version of chrome v38 unstable i think it was and works perfectly now...thank you!
(2014-09-24, 09:46)boe2 Wrote: Is there any windowmanager running or is it really just XBMC and nothing else? Because a lack of windowmanager could explain this.
I'm running XBMC in an openbox session, zero issues.

Now started trying other windowmanagers.

Unity seems to do a better job

Problem solved...
(2014-09-25, 22:46)stefan70 Wrote: boxee box
AFAIK boxee also isn't supported.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

• 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7