• 5(current)
Deprecated PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX
v.0.0.6 pushed to git, check changelog and post 1
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
It seems to be a great add-on. I'll test.

I wonder if it has to use to create strm link with the movies that I have hosted on google drive or dropbox?
And another doubt has how to make the strm do in trakt scrobbler? as Genesis does?
(2014-10-06, 14:03)AiWaBR Wrote: It seems to be a great add-on. I'll test.

I wonder if it has to use to create strm link with the movies that I have hosted on google drive or dropbox?
And another doubt has how to make the strm do in trakt scrobbler? as Genesis does?

We don't talk about that add-on here
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hey all~

Just trying to wrap my mind around this plugin, being relatively new to XBMC, really. What's the implications of generating these .strm files? Is the idea to create smart playlists from these folders/files, and then import these into PTVL?

If so, doesn't PTVL do that already in its Autotune? Or is this simply a way to create your own Autotune config?

Thanks for the help guys!! I'm
(2014-10-06, 20:31)Crispybishop Wrote: Hey all~

Just trying to wrap my mind around this plugin, being relatively new to XBMC, really. What's the implications of generating these .strm files? Is the idea to create smart playlists from these folders/files, and then import these into PTVL?

If so, doesn't PTVL do that already in its Autotune? Or is this simply a way to create your own Autotune config?

Thanks for the help guys!! I'm

This plugin is independent from PseudoTV Live...

Basically this plugin allows you to take any plugin, playon, youtube, upnp source and add it to the xbmc library as if it's a local file....

So lets say you have a netflix account, you can add the entire library of netflix movies to xbmc's movie menu and no longer need to launch extra plugins and navigate menus looking for media.
Luna. How does resuming from a strm files work? Can you pause a movie and resume from Netflix or Amazon?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-06, 21:04)bry- Wrote: Luna. How does resuming from a strm files work? Can you pause a movie and resume from Netflix or Amazon?

Once a strm is scrapped by XBMC's library it's treated just like a normal file... so you can resume, trakt, playlist, anything...
(2014-10-06, 21:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 21:04)bry- Wrote: Luna. How does resuming from a strm files work? Can you pause a movie and resume from Netflix or Amazon?

Once a strm is scrapped by XBMC's library it's treated just like a normal file... so you can resume, trakt, playlist, anything...

Excellent. Thank you Sir

IMPORTANT:
I was still having trouble with excluding folders with the "cartoon" plugin. I was able to get your plugin to exclude the folder by removing the color from the folders by modifying the default.py file of the "cartoon" plugin.

Now the problem lies with the naming of the files. The cartoons in the root are series not movies. The plugin is putting one strm file in a folder using the episode name. Meaning the folder and the strm file in it are the same. Instead of using the show name as the folder name and the inside it. Using TVshows layout. Also tried all other genre layouts too.

Also some of the folders in this plugin end in a "." (which isn't the fault of your plugin) which causes an invalid file naming in Windows and prevents the folder from being deleted through conventional means. This means the new option to clear the strm folder doesn't clear if this happens.

Hope I explained all of this correctly.

Thanks.
Next update fixes issues with color codes, as far as folders. Try playing with the different types Generic, TV..,epos...,movie. And with or without the last configuration for folder name. I'm sure one of them will meet your needs.

TV...episodes type is only meant to be used if the plugin is formatted correctly.
(2014-10-07, 04:27)Lunatixz Wrote: Next update fixes issues with color codes, as far as folders. Try playing with the different types Generic, TV..,epos...,movie. And with or without the last configuration for folder name. I'm sure one of them will meet your needs.

TV...episodes type is only meant to be used if the plugin is formatted correctly.

Ok I think I've tried just about every combination of Types(TV, Movie, Generic, Episode) with no success. It seems when using TVshow type the folder name of the tv show gets skipped, opens the folder and creates a folder of each episode and puts a stream in that folder with the same name. With Generic or Movie it just creates a stream for each episode for every Tv show and puts all the streams in one folder.

I've tested this with Netflix and the plugin works perfect with "My List"

I'm thinking this comes down to how this "cartoon" plugin is naming the episodes. I've looked into a few of the folders in the plugin and the naming of the episodes is different in just about every folder.
Hi,

isn't it supposed to create the settings2.xml file for the pseudoTV live, so we can use these strms in PSTVL. I know i can create a channel (chtype #8) for the pseudotv , but i was hoping the generator will create the settings2.xml file containing these strms so we can use that in the pseudoTV.

Is it possible??

Thanks
Hey Luna, great little addon. I am a bit of a news hound so I have been using it to get links from two news addons. When I use it with plugin.video.world.news.live I get nice.strm files. When used with plugin.video.mxnews I don't. If you want logs I can provide but I thought you might want to run your addon against these two and see the outcome.

My settings2:
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/Deutsche Welle (DW)|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/CSPAN|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/CNN International|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/BBC World News|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/Al Jazeera English|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.mxnews/Sky News HD|""|20|1|""

Biggy
(2014-10-08, 05:31)BigOldBoy Wrote: Hey Luna, great little addon. I am a bit of a news hound so I have been using it to get links from two news addons. When I use it with plugin.video.world.news.live I get nice.strm files. When used with plugin.video.mxnews I don't. If you want logs I can provide but I thought you might want to run your addon against these two and see the outcome.

My settings2:
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/Deutsche Welle (DW)|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/CSPAN|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/CNN International|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/BBC World News|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.world.news.live/Al Jazeera English|""|20|1|""
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.mxnews/Sky News HD|""|20|1|""

Biggy

Looks like your configuration for mxnews is incorrect... you only add a "/" for folder paths... otherwise in this case sky news hd is in the root...

so you would need something like this:
Code:
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.mxnews|""|20|1|""

this will generate a strm for each root file, or you can add all the files you don't want into the exclusion list... something like this:

Code:
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.mxnews|BBC News,Bloomberg,etc,etc,etc,etc|20|1|""
(2014-10-08, 05:50)Lunatixz Wrote: Looks like your configuration for mxnews is incorrect... you only add a "/" for folder paths... otherwise in this case sky news hd is in the root...

so you would need something like this:
Code:
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.mxnews|""|20|1|""

this will generate a strm for each root file, or you can add all the files you don't want into the exclusion list... something like this:

Code:
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.mxnews|BBC News,Bloomberg,etc,etc,etc,etc|20|1|""

Thanks for the quick reply. I cut and pasted in your suggestion of Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.mxnews|""|20|1|"", and it failed again. Here is the log if you can take a peek: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/853296/xbmc.log
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX5