• 111(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-10-15, 00:30)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 15:49)gendo Wrote: Popcornmix did you have time to look at the "hack: revert squash: don't update originaldts when marked as invalid" I have with live tv? Could you if not a big problem revert it for the time being so that i can try out latest builds again?

BTW, this is (temporarily) reverted again.

Thanks Smile
So..

anybody out there using hauppauge dvbt tuners and remotes?

- especially people who can talk 'computer' to the developers.

As of build 1007 ( and the new kernel) looks like our hardware has got 'lost', - for want of a better word Sad

Anybody else - please?

pootler
(2014-10-15, 11:46)pootler Wrote: So..

As of build 1007 ( and the new kernel) looks like our hardware has got 'lost', - for want of a better word Sad

Anybody else - please?

pootler
Err... we've been waiting for you to post if adding the missing dib8000 module made any difference. Presumably it didn't?

If you're not sure what to do, run the following command:
Code:
echo dib8000 >/storage/.config/modules-load.d/dib8000.conf; sync; reboot
then login, and run "lsmod | pastebinit" and "dmesg | pastebinit" then paste the urls here and confirm if your tuner is now working (or not).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-15, 14:03)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 11:46)pootler Wrote: So..

Anybody else - please?

pootler
Err... we've been waiting for you to post if adding the missing dib8000 module made any difference. Presumably it didn't?

If you're not sure what to do, run the following command:
Code:
echo dib8000 >/storage/.config/modules-load.d/dib8000.conf; sync; reboot
then login, and run "lsmod | pastebinit" and "dmesg | pastebinit" then paste the urls here and confirm if your tuner is now working (or not).

Hi Milhouse,

Thanks for the reply.

I believe and try to treat developers with respect and consideration.

Please don't forget to treat us users the same.

I clearly say in my post concerning the problem: 'Sorry, I have little technical knowledge, so would not know what modules are required.'

Now you have provided some info, I shall have a go!

Thanks for your help

Cheers

pootler
O.K,

Didn't seem to have any effect.

The one thing I know is that to get everything working ( including remote ) required the firmware 'dvb-usb-dib0700-1.2.fw' - not sure what dib8000 is for.

lsmod: http://sprunge.us/CBJO

dmesg: http://sprunge.us/bdfV

thanks

pootler

Just for confirmation:

as mentioned in a previous post, only the hauppauge remote is not working.

Live tv works fine if i use a mouse .

thanks pootler
I don't mean to sound disrespectful but I'm not a mind reader!

If you didn't know how to do what you were asked you should have said so rather than ignore the request and then continue to post asking for a solution.

Also the dib8000 module hasn't loaded, either the conf file hasn't worked or the module failed for some reason. Try "modprobe dib8000" at the command line and see if that works (upload lsmod / dmesg). I don't know if this module is important, all i know is that it was loaded in your working system but is now missing.

Edit: I wonder if the Wolfson PR could be responsible? I think I'll try dropping it in tonight's build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have a pi, onkyo and TV connected to a powerstrip. When I switch the powerstrip on, everything starts at the same time.

My problem is that my Pi starts at a different resolution then I had configured in XBMC. I can't select the resolution I want to use in the settings. It's not there. After the restart it's using the correct resolution.

I think this is because of incorrect reading of EDID data. I think my pi reads EDID before my Onkyo is started. I use the option hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080 to make it work.

I read that more people face the same issue. Is it possible for the pi to start reading the EDID data at a later moment?

thank you.
(2014-10-15, 17:13)tdn135 Wrote: I have a pi, onkyo and TV connected to a powerstrip. When I switch the powerstrip on, everything starts at the same time.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ras...d_on_first
(2014-09-30, 02:23)menakite Wrote: Took a different image as the one I want to be flipped is not obvious if you're not on a large screen... so:

* Original image: http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/origin...04-100.jpg
* Raspberry Pi (vcgencmd version: Sep 27 2014 15:02:59): https://menakite.eu/~anaconda/flipped-rpi.jpg (1280x720)
* OS X: https://menakite.eu/~anaconda/flipped-osx.jpg (1280x720)

Have you tested fanart flipping with latest build?
(2014-10-15, 16:35)Milhouse Wrote: I don't mean to sound disrespectful but I'm not a mind reader!

If you didn't know how to do what you were asked you should have said so rather than ignore the request and then continue to post asking for a solution.

Also the dib8000 module hasn't loaded, either the conf file hasn't worked or the module failed for some reason. Try "modprobe dib8000" at the command line and see if that works (upload lsmod / dmesg). I don't know if this module is important, all i know is that it was loaded in your working system but is now missing.

Edit: I wonder if the Wolfson PR could be responsible? I think I'll try dropping it in tonight's build.

.........none taken Smile

lsmod : http://sprunge.us/HGLD

dmesg http://sprunge.us/CeZH

Dib8000 seems to be in there but no change to remote.
(2014-10-15, 18:03)popcornmix Wrote: Have you tested fanart flipping with latest build?
Thanks! Compiling right now.

In the meantime I have a sample [1]: it's a 2 minutes sample, I'm not sure if that's enough (assuming you can reproduce) for you to see it recovering, but you should at least be able to see the issue. This is a new episode I have just added to the library, so really, any 25 fps video with passthrough enabled causes a black screen and no audio. Sooner or later.

I also have a partial debug log [2] (sorry, went to sleep. I'll get a complete debug log when I can access the TV again).

This:
Code:
05:04:01 49908.339844 T:2672813120   DEBUG: Found Resolution 1920x1080 (1920x1080) @ 25.00 - Full Screen (55) from override of fps 25.000 (fpsmin:24.990 fpsmax:25.010 refreshmin:24.990 refreshmax:25.010)
was just a test.
The seek to ~59s was because it never happened in the first minute.

The black screen was ~10 seconds after
Code:
05:04:36 49943.777344 T:3038187520   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

And it recovered itself ~10 seconds before:
Code:
05:05:17 49984.703125 T:2941252672   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key a7 duration 0 timestamp 49968525

As you can see nothing is logged.

"Adjust refresh rate" was indeed set to "always". Changing it to "start/stop" didn't have any effect though. It just doesn't try to switch to 26 Hz, but it still continuously switches between "Dolby Digital" and "PCM", until it recovers.

[1] https://menakite.eu/~anaconda/5x01-001.mkv
[2] http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=319539
(2014-10-15, 19:22)menakite Wrote: In the meantime I have a sample [1]: it's a 2 minutes sample, I'm not sure if that's enough (assuming you can reproduce) for you to see it recovering, but you should at least be able to see the issue. This is a new episode I have just added to the library, so really, any 25 fps video with passthrough enabled causes a black screen and no audio. Sooner or later.

I played the file with passthough enabled and omxplayer (I tried mmal too). No video dropouts. No audio dropouts.
I have a guess what it may be. Can you try setting "sync playback to display" and A/V sync to resample. Any different?

Also can you try (in config.txt)
hdmi_clock_change_limit=50
(2014-10-15, 22:37)popcornmix Wrote: I played the file with passthough enabled and omxplayer (I tried mmal too). No video dropouts. No audio dropouts.
Thanks. I've tested the image flipping and it's working as expected now :-)

From logs it seems you only got it recently. This doesn't happen every time. I can play the same video for hours and then I get this - it is highly random. I'd suggest you play it in a loop if possible.
Quote:I have a guess what it may be. Can you try setting "sync playback to display" and A/V sync to resample. Any different?

Also can you try (in config.txt)
hdmi_clock_change_limit=50
Sure, I'll let you know.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1015
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.0 #1 PREEMPT Wed Oct 15 22:32:01 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 12 2014 13:00:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 231a26c97857bfd939a62267a890f90b00c9d584 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141015223053-r19367-g63deab7 [Build #1015]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (63deab72, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c65d2847, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (50aef603)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
Build Highlights:
  1. Dropped Wolfson audio card patches to see if this is responsible for Hauppauge IR Receiver issue.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • wpa_supplicant: update to wpa_supplicant-2.3
    • syslinux: update to syslinux-6.03
    • libXt: fix build if built for other platforms then x86
    • glew: use $OPENGL instead hardcoded 'Mesa' as GL provider
    • libepoxy: use $OPENGL instead hardcoded 'Mesa' as GL provider
    • SDL: use $OPENGL instead hardcoded 'Mesa' as GL provider
    • xbmc: use $OPENGL instead hardcoded 'Mesa' as GL provider
    • boblightd: use $OPENGL instead hardcoded 'Mesa' as GL provider
    • xorg-server: use $OPENGL instead hardcoded 'Mesa' as GL provider, disable dependencies of 'libepoxy' and 'glu' and 'libglamor' support for non GL builds
    • Mesa: update to Mesa-10.3.1
    • libbluray: update to libbluray-0.6.2
    • libbluray: use official download location again, the server seems to work again
    • tvheadend: update to tvheadend-3.9.1847
    • Update apt-get (PR:3550, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [configure] always define USE_X11 (PR:5514, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Hide progress bar for library clean/scan by default if automatically triggered. (PR:5324, 2 commits, 12 files changed)
    • changed: Log http error when Curl fillbuffer fails (PR:5512, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • edit control: fix T9/SMS input for INPUT_TYPE_FILTER controls (PR:5500, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fixed: wrong label used when adjusting 'contrast' (closes #15483) (PR:5516, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fixed: wrong label used when adjusting 'gamma'
    • [tests/darwin] - fixed g_sysinfo.GetManufacturerName() test on osx
  3. newclock4:
    • - setvideoresolution needs to be called from mainthread to work on most platforms - fixes #15115
  4. kernel 3.17.y:
    • bcm2708: Eliminate i2s debugfs directory error
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1015
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.0 #1 PREEMPT Wed Oct 15 22:32:01 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 12 2014 13:00:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 231a26c97857bfd939a62267a890f90b00c9d584 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141015223053-r19367-g63deab7 [Build #1015]

Unfortunately no luck with the hauppauge remote

pootler
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8