• 4(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
What about frame-packed (MVC) full 3D MKV files?
Nope. But, this was expected because they had said it would not be supported in 3D mode until later.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-10-23, 15:53)Skank Wrote: I wonder why mede8er doesnt use xbmc and their own player...
Or implement trakt.tv to their use.

I guess we can expect a new model from mede8er which supports also 4k and dolby atmos?

Because the sigma/realtek boxes are MIPS based and outside of video decoding purposes the general CPU on them is sluggish. Sigma had a partnership with xbmc but nothing ever came to light from it everyone was hoping the SMP8756 would have turnkey xbmc but nothing has been shown and being the first ARM based sigma chip who knows how it will perform.
(2014-10-23, 14:04)hdmkv Wrote: It's hard to tell from that video whether the video is actually 3D as it looks 2D-ish at times and w/double-image (3D) at times.

Because the 3D movie I tested is not a cartoon film, and I took this video with my iPhone at 30fps I guess, so 3D visual effects on some of the scenes is not very clear. But I promise it has the true 3D effect.

As for why other users said VidOn Box cann't play 3D Blu-ray iso, we will continue to analyze the reasons. Smile
Hi, hdmkv

We hope you can send the log to us.
Here is the steps:
1. make sure you have enabled "3D" in 'Settings'-->'Videos'-->'Blu-rays'-->'Playback mode of 3D Blu-ray playlist'.
2. make sure you choose 'Play Main Title' when playing a 3D Blu-ray iso.
3. If you still can not get 3D picture, then stop playing, send the log to us. Go to 'Settings'-->'System'-->'Debugging'-->'Send log to VidOn XBMC'
Here is how to send the XBMC log to us. http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/2...idon-xbmc/

Don't forget to make sure you have filled out your username/forum ID and email, our developers may contact you.
(2014-10-24, 11:06)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Hi, hdmkv

We hope you can send the log to us.
Here is the steps:
1. make sure you have enabled "3D" in 'Settings'-->'Videos'-->'Blu-rays'-->'Playback mode of 3D Blu-ray playlist'.
2. make sure you choose 'Play Main Title' when playing a 3D Blu-ray iso.
3. If you still can not get 3D picture, then stop playing, send the log to us. Go to 'Settings'-->'System'-->'Debugging'-->'Send log to VidOn XBMC'
Here is how to send the XBMC log to us. http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/2...idon-xbmc/

Don't forget to make sure you have filled out your username/forum ID and email, our developers may contact you.

Can you show a 3D Bluray iso Demo like this..

http://youtu.be/sLwc6COFQ24?list=UUxQhwu...4fMo2_20sw

Look at the Youtube video quality.

I am readying in your forum and i hear people saying 3D Bluray iso works, but i haven't see no one posting a good video on Youtube and the only person i trust wit device now (Hdmkv) , is saying 3D Bluray ISO is not working..

PS:

Can you please give a date when this product will be available for some of us to order.

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I've tried my ISO's via Mede8er 600X3D and via my PC using PowerDVD 14, so the issue is on VidOn box. Just to rule out any variables, I also tested VidOn via my LG 55LM4600 3D HDTV; same result. Originally, I had tested via my BenQ W1070 PJ.

In any case, I'll get Wolly the debug log.
My Family Room Theater
I want to make sure you have checked the settings that 3D is enabled and you choose "Play Main Title" to play the 3D Blu-ray iso.
AV200 and VidOn Box use the same VidOn XBMC, both of the two box can play 3D Blu-ray iso without problem in our testing room.

So we guess maybe the problem is the source.
We will check your log tomorrow.

(2014-10-24, 14:51)movie78 Wrote: Can you show a 3D Bluray iso Demo like this..

I am readying in your forum and i hear people saying 3D Bluray iso works, but i haven't see no one posting a good video on Youtube and the only person i trust wit device now (Hdmkv) , is saying 3D Bluray ISO is not working..

PS:

Can you please give a date when this product will be available for some of us to order.

Thanks!

OK, I will try my best to take a high quality video to show you the 3D playback.
And next purchase time will be in the November, we will ship the box with a new remote.
Okay, I've got great news! ... I got 3D to work. Enabled 3D under XBMC's Settings > Videos > Blu-rays as I had done before, but this time I connected via HDMI directly (bypassing AVR) to my BenQ W1070 PJ and a little later to LG 55LM4600 3D HDTV in another room. 3D worked on both displays (one's a passive, other's an active) Big Grin!

I then tried via another AVR, a Pioneer VSX-822 (only 5.1, but hd audio capable), and it also worked! So, I went back to my main home theater AVR, the Denon 1913, and even tried a couple different HDMI cables, and same result as before, either top/bottom effect for frame-packed 3D (if 3D enabled in XBMC) or only 2D (if 3D disabled in XBMC).

So, VidOn doesn't like my Denon 1913. It's weird because both my Mede8er 600X3D and Intel NUC HTPC w/PowerDVD play 3D fine when hooked up to PJ via this receiver.

Anyway, 3D looks fantastic on VidOn... as good as my Mede8er 600X3D and HTPC. The only problem is VidOn has no way to do left/right eye swaps. The latest Tom Cruise 3D BD 'Edge of Tomorrow' uses right-eye first (unlike left-eye for most 3D BD's), so I had to use my LG HDTV's and BenQ PJ's remotes to manually swap left/right. Then, 3D looked correct. VidOn needs to implement a function via its remote or UI (after starting movie) to allow left/right swaps easily.

Anyway Wolly, it seems VidOn box is a little fussy with some AVR's. This could be why other users in your forum are either not getting 3D or not getting hd audio. Bottom line, these issues should be solvable. Hope my tests helped, but if you still want a debug log for my Denon AVR set-up not doing 3D, let me know. I'm confident enough in your devs abilities given what I've seen so far, which is very impressive for a cheap Android box, that I'm ready to buy another box Smile.
My Family Room Theater
(2014-10-24, 18:28)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, I've got great news! ... I got 3D to work. Enabled 3D under XBMC's Settings > Videos > Blu-rays as I had done before, but this time I connected via HDMI directly (bypassing AVR) to my BenQ W1070 PJ and a little later to LG 55LM4600 3D HDTV in another room. 3D worked on both displays (one's a passive, other's an active) Big Grin!

I then tried via another AVR, a Pioneer VSX-822 (only 5.1, but hd audio capable), and it also worked! So, I went back to my main home theater AVR, the Denon 1913, and even tried a couple different HDMI cables, and same result as before, either top/bottom effect for frame-packed 3D (if 3D enabled in XBMC) or only 2D (if 3D disabled in XBMC).

So, VidOn doesn't like my Denon 1913. It's weird because both my Mede8er 600X3D and Intel NUC HTPC w/PowerDVD play 3D fine when hooked up to PJ via this receiver.

Anyway, 3D looks fantastic on VidOn... as good as my Mede8er 600X3D and HTPC. The only problem is VidOn has no way to do left/right eye swaps. The latest Tom Cruise 3D BD 'Edge of Tomorrow' uses right-eye first (unlike left-eye for most 3D BD's), so I had to use my LG HDTV's and BenQ PJ's remotes to manually swap left/right. Then, 3D looked correct. VidOn needs to implement a function via its remote or UI (after starting movie) to allow left/right swaps easily.

Anyway Wolly, it seems VidOn box is a little fussy with some AVR's. This could be why other users in your forum are either not getting 3D or not getting hd audio. Bottom line, these issues should be solvable. Hope my tests helped, but if you still want a debug log for my Denon AVR set-up not doing 3D, let me know. I'm confident enough in your devs abilities given what I've seen so far, which is very impressive for a cheap Android box, that I'm ready to buy another box Smile.

So 3D Bluray ISO is working now..

I have the Pioneer Elite VSX70,i hope there is no problem with my AVR...

No I hope they can start shipping the damn thing already...
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
I cant get used to your new name here switch back to the old. But how is the UI speed how big is your library. usually xbmc can run fluid until you get a large library going.
(2014-10-24, 03:31)hdmkv Wrote: Nope. But, this was expected because they had said it would not be supported in 3D mode until later.

Wolly, is there any more definite time frame for 3D MKV support?
(2014-10-24, 16:42)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: I want to make sure you have checked the settings that 3D is enabled and you choose "Play Main Title" to play the 3D Blu-ray iso.
AV200 and VidOn Box use the same VidOn XBMC, both of the two box can play 3D Blu-ray iso without problem in our testing room.

So we guess maybe the problem is the source.
We will check your log tomorrow.

(2014-10-24, 14:51)movie78 Wrote: Can you show a 3D Bluray iso Demo like this..

PS:

Thanks!

OK, I will try my best to take a high quality video to show you the 3D playback.
And next purchase time will be in the November, we will ship the box with a new remote.

I can't wait till November
If you guy are waiting on the new remote,as far these device is has infrared i can use my Logitech harmony remote..If 3D ISO works that's all i care.

Just ship my with the old remote...
(2014-10-24, 19:45)halfelite Wrote: I cant get used to your new name here switch back to the old. But how is the UI speed how big is your library. usually xbmc can run fluid until you get a large library going.
Me? Used my real name at AVS cuz I joined there many years ago. Using hdmkv since.

So, my XBMC library consists of around 1,600 movies (2D, 3D mix) and 50 TV shows. After adding them all via VidOn's XBMC, I am noticing some slowdown (with stock Confluence) skin. I removed the few games I had installed on VidOn for testing, and only downloaded whatever version of Netflix they had on there.

So, here are some loading times:
- Pressing power on remote to VidOn main menu/UI (varies a little every time, but 34-38 secs)
- Selecting to open VidOn XBMC app to being in XBMC (5 secs)
- Pressing 'Movies' in XBMC to seeing wall view (10 secs; 5 secs or less would've been better)
- Pressing 'TV shows' in XBMC to seeing list view w/fanart and poster on right (forget what it's called) (2 secs)

Quote:i can use my Logitech harmony remote
Yes, but it works no better than stock VidOn remote. Gotta stand about 5ft from box and point directly at it. I even tried an IR extender with my Harmony One, but it didn't help much. What did work better was my wireless mini-keyboard w/USB dongle connected to box. So, I will try this MCE remote, which I have.

Quote:If 3D ISO works that's all i care.
Yes, now that I've figured out VidOn doesn't like certain receivers (like my Denon 1913) for whatever reason.
My Family Room Theater
Is there any delay in scrolling the wall view?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3