• 11(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-10-25, 12:07)DBMandrake Wrote: Can you run the oct 5th build that you think works better, then on an iOS device run the app "net analyser", go into info, bonjour services...

The free Net Analyzer app doesn't seem to offer Bonjour info. Is there another way to provide you with this info?
Sorry, forgot that app isn't free. There are free bonjour browser apps for windows and Mac - try one of those.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Vanaalten - youtube.app won't work anymore with xbmc since some versions - need to use youtube from safari...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks - I'm new to Airplay, relatively new to Kodi/XBMC so didn't know this!

Yesterday I played around with the local network: removed unneeded devices on the LAN, swapped various wireless routers. At some point I found the 'enable IGMP snooping' option in some advanced settings on my Asus RT-AC66U router and I think this was the key to getting Airplay to work. Smile

So I put everything back as it was (except for that one setting) and now everything seems to work fine - including streaming Youtube from Safari. Too bad about the YouTube app, hope that that gets fixed someday.
Not from our side because - impossible (without anyone leaking data from googles internals).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-10-25, 12:07)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 14:16)AussieFries Wrote: I installed the Nightly of Oct 22nd. Thanks for adding the fix to the Nighlies, but this isn't the fix as used in the Oct 5th test version? That one worked very well. Now we have to again wait 10 sec before the video AirPlay symbol shows up.

Can you run the oct 5th build that you think works better, then on an iOS device run the app "net analyser", go into info, bonjour services, then paste the announcement info for both _airplay._tcp. and _raop._tcp. ?

The difference will only be in the annoucements. I have an idea what it will be, but if it's what I think it is its not a solution we can use as it has other side effects.

Please find below the differences that I found using the Bonjour Browser app on my iPhone. Let me know if you need further info.
Code:
Kodi Nightly            Kodi Oct 5th Testbuild

features = 0x20F7       features = 0x20F7    
model = Xbmc,1          model = Xbmc,1    
srcvers = 101.28                

am = Kodi,1             am = Xbmc,1        
ch = 2                  ch = 2            
cn = 0,1                cn = 0,1        
da = true               da = true        
ek = 1                  ek = 1            
et = 0,1                et = 0,1        
md = 0,1,2              md = 0,1,2        
pw = false              pw = false        
sm = false              sm = false        
sr = 44100              sr = 44100        
ss = 16                 ss = 16            
sv = false              sv = false        
tp = UDP                tp = UDP        
txtvers = 1             txtvers = 1        
vn = 3                  vn = 3            
vs = 130.14             vs = 130.14
Ha that testbuild is missing the srcvers by accident if you ask me. DBMandrake can you verify that this change really speeds up video target detection?
All those fixes don't change anything for me. AirPlay is working from my iPod with iOS 6 but nowhere else. My iPhone doesn't recognize my Kodi instance on my Linux system, iTunes on my Mac shows it up but if I select it as receiver, iTunes plays it just as usual via the MacBook speaker.
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
FYI i have installed ios 4.2.1 on one of my atv2 for seeing if i can catch more clues for ios8.x and airplay. Well the atv2 doesn't show up at all on the ios 8.1 client - so nothing to get out of this Sad. (its a little odd that it doesn't even show as audio target - but as the 4.2.1 atv2 was the "model" for my implementation seems to be superior to the one from 4.2.1 times somehow...).
Tongue 
Is there an official updated link for "Kodi iOS 8 Airplay fix testbuilds"

Not on first page and my search keeps bringing me back to the ios7 testbuilds.

I am sure I am missing something Huh
latest nightly builds have the current fix - nothing better was found yet.
Thanks for the builds ! Airplay works fine now @ iOS 8.1. There is one issue though that I'd like to ask here about which is not iOS 8 only.
It's about Apps that live stream US sports like the NFL Gamepass, NBA Gametime, NHL Gamecenter.
They Airplay fine, even on iOS 7. But after like 5 minutes they just stop. I get trown back to the homescreen of XBMC without any error and after a few seconds it continues playing on the iDevice. I believe it might be something like a token that expires and isn't updated in XBMC ?
I'll edit a log of it here later on.
I think a few weeks back it worked fine for hours.

I dont know where else to ask about this, so I'll just post it here. It's really frustrating sometimes Sad
(2014-10-28, 22:20)Memphiz Wrote: latest nightly builds have the current fix - nothing better was found yet.

Thanks! I had assumed it was a test branch of the alpha (like with IOS7 when iw as testing the airplay ones)
This is a happy post :-D just saying thanks for the airplay feature, even though its obviously a bit tricky no thanks to apple and the feature has only small number of chaps working on it. I'm glad to say after updating to ios8.1, I can airplay music from the 'music' app, spotify, BBC radio (iPlayer), soundcloud. Pictures also airplay fine from camera roll ('photos' app). Videos simply flat -out do not. But hey, things will hopefully improve with time.

And this is with official Gotham 13.1 (windows).

Greatful for the feature.

PS does anyone know if its possible to install two instances of xbmc one one machine? Id like to try out these nightlies that you guys are talking about.

(I used to use my laptop as a testing ground for new builds), but its an xp machine which is no longer supported. :-(
(2014-10-28, 22:24)Blacksus Wrote: Thanks for the builds ! Airplay works fine now @ iOS 8.1. There is one issue though that I'd like to ask here about which is not iOS 8 only.
It's about Apps that live stream US sports like the NFL Gamepass, NBA Gametime, NHL Gamecenter.
They Airplay fine, even on iOS 7. But after like 5 minutes they just stop. I get trown back to the homescreen of XBMC without any error and after a few seconds it continues playing on the iDevice. I believe it might be something like a token that expires and isn't updated in XBMC ?
I'll edit a log of it here later on.
I think a few weeks back it worked fine for hours.

I dont know where else to ask about this, so I'll just post it here. It's really frustrating sometimes Sad

As pointed out in multiple threads already this has nothing to do with airplay. Its the internal player of XBMC/Kodi which doesn't support timed cookies. Its a known issue and our player developer is mia so don't expect a fix from inside of the team. (to clarify - playing the URL directly in XBMC/Kodi by using a strm file would result in the same miss-behavior without airpaly beeing even involved...).
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1