• 173(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
(2014-11-03, 21:59)zag Wrote: I doubt many people use SVN any more, its very old. All XBMC devs and most add-on authors use Github these days.

It allows for far more collaboration and social interaction.

Well, plenty still do. Not wanting to get into a discussion of git vs svn (again), but being old doesn't mean svn is not useful - it is still in development and has had considerable improvements regarding merge performance etc. I do use git for most of my current work however. When I came on board it made sense to continue on google code, and work through existing requests on the tracker.

More importantly though is, the project has already existed in two places - which creates a bad workflow for issues etc. It was forked before, and now the current site has plenty of issues on the tracker, as well as info on the wiki. Pushing it to github doesn't make it magically better - it still needs development - what would be good would be if someone wants to spend the time to rework the source rss code to use an alternative (and there are a couple - json as has been hinted at - or scraping - the json solution looks good). It would be advantageous not to lose the current dev site at least until it was officially closed and all issues were migrated. The github pull feature for kodi addons wasn't an issue as I never wanted it in the main repos (I explained this in detail some 50 pages ago ;-) ). I do manage a couple of other addons on github too btw (that are in Kodi)

As many others do too - I often use git locally and use git svn with svn repositories.

I'm now tired of playing cat and mouse with the bbc. I am still happy to merge back patches, and hand over the reigns if someone else wants to take over, but I think it is important to avoid fragmenting the project further (and at least not lose track of previous feature requests etc). Basically - forking to github does not help, unless you have real plans - and if you do - are you willing to take over and manage the project?
get_iPlayer has updated again this morning. It is now much faster at getting the feeds. Again this is on Ubuntu and I don't know what the situation is on other OSes.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Question 
Guys,

I'm seeing quite a few posts about get_iplayer is there some kind of hack which allows you to utilise get_iplayer in order to make the iplayer addon work again?

Many thanks to the Guys who wrote this addon, without a doubt the best and most used addon for xbmc (for me at least!)
Direct link to the other iPlayer for those not wanting to install the repo : http://pythonxbmcking.googlecode.com/svn...-0.0.5.zip
A million thanks to those who created and maintained the iPlayer addon up to now.

(2014-11-04, 15:43)UKVaper Wrote: Direct link to the other iPlayer for those not wanting to install the repo : http://pythonxbmcking.googlecode.com/svn...-0.0.5.zip

I guess for the small version numbers that the other iPlayer is bound to change a lot.

Yet, has anyone managed to enable the subtitles? I was used to have them on all the time, now they are off and the settings have no checkbox for them.

Also has this new iPlayer got a thread of its own? Or a site where we can report bugs and request features?
(2014-11-04, 16:54)ilomambo Wrote: A million thanks to those who created and maintained the iPlayer addon up to now.

(2014-11-04, 15:43)UKVaper Wrote: Direct link to the other iPlayer for those not wanting to install the repo : http://pythonxbmcking.googlecode.com/svn...-0.0.5.zip

I guess for the small version numbers that the other iPlayer is bound to change a lot.

Yet, has anyone managed to enable the subtitles? I was used to have them on all the time, now they are off and the settings have no checkbox for them.

Also has this new iPlayer got a thread of its own? Or a site where we can report bugs and request features?

It does, but it's on XUNITY... http://www.xunitytalk.com/showthread.php...BC-iPlayer
not a huge fan of the layout iof the xunity one.
But atleast it seems to work. I will keep an eye on the development of this as we use it ALOT for cbbies for the munchkin
can some one help me iplayer come up on bbc one bbc iplayer feeds and it dont work how can i fix this i try ever think to fix it Sad
(2014-11-05, 04:52)donne9uk Wrote: can some one help me iplayer come up on bbc one bbc iplayer feeds and it dont work how can i fix this i try ever think to fix it Sad

Read the last 5 pages.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'll setup a thread for the new iPlayer later today so people can discuss out of this thread.
(2014-10-30, 20:57)dlake02 Wrote: Remember - this is the age of Golgafrincham.

Is that a reference to 'tired' TV producers? Smile
I've worked around some of the problems with a quick-and-dirty patch to the existing app (that is Exobuzz's plugin - NOT the .xunity thingy)

https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2...rt=&id=157

What's working:
- Live TV
- iPlayer TV from the channel name.

What's NOT working (yet):
- Categories
- Search
- Highlights
- Popular
- Radio (any)
You rock!

I'm out boozing, but I'll patch and push out an update tomorrow. And sort you out with commit access
(2014-11-05, 22:32)exobuzz Wrote: You rock!

I'm out boozing, but I'll patch and push out an update tomorrow. And sort you out with commit access

Ta. I'm heading out for a quick one (or two) as well.

The patch is REALLY rough but at least it gets something working....
(2014-11-05, 22:18)dlake02 Wrote: I've worked around some of the problems with a quick-and-dirty patch to the existing app (that is Exobuzz's plugin - NOT the .xunity thingy)

https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2...rt=&id=157

What's working:
- Live TV
- iPlayer TV from the channel name.

What's NOT working (yet):
- Categories
- Search
- Highlights
- Popular
- Radio (any)

Great work.
player working well for me but live giving me a stream not found error using smart dns from Spain on Apple TV 2.
Im looking forward to exobuzz's update.
Thank you
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13